To-do list apps play a vital role to keep your busy life on track. A to-do list app is a perfect solution for your everyday tasks. Whether you have a work-related idea or need to build a shopping list.
We have been using paper and pen to make lists since forever. Now, as, modern technology has helped us upgrade almost every aspect of our life. It also came up with this brilliant idea of digital to-do list apps.
Table of Contents
The Best To-Do List Apps of 2020
Benefits of Using a To-Do List App
You can manage a task much more efficiently with your smartphone or laptop. Even while you’re on the go by using to-do list apps.
Besides that, you can easily create a project, add-delete-edit to-do lists, assign tasks and much more. Managing such tasks without a suitable to-do list app would not be less than a nightmare. Holding an online to-do list app reminds you of the tasks you need to complete. And eventually, boost the productivity of your workflow.
Every to-do list app comes up with its own unique set of features and interface. Knowing the fact that needs vary from user to user, and not every to-do list app is right for every user. To make your life easier, you don’t need to run any complicated setup. Usually, all it takes is to simply launch the app and here you go.
Plenty of to-do list apps are available out there claiming to make your life easier. But how to choose the right app that meets your needs?
We have curated a list of the best to-do list apps below to help you separate the solid ones from the rest. While most of these apps can help make things quite easy and organized, choose whichever suits you best.
Key Features to Look for in a To-Do List App
Priorities vary from person to person while selecting to-do list apps. We kept that in mind as we analyzed applications and found a few features that differentiated them.
1. Fast Entry/In-line Editing ⚡
A best to-do list app must be capable of adding a task instantly. Entering a task shouldn’t take 16 steps. They should be quick enough to encourage you to add something in a to-do list and get it out of your mind.
2. Cross-Platform Availability 📱
Your to-do list apps should be with you, wherever you go. And a good to-do list app is the one that is available on all platforms. By all platforms, we mean the availability of the app on; iOS (iPhone and Android) and Mac and Windows mobile apps. Also, a web interface is great, for desktop applications.
3. Team & Group Management 💼
To-do list apps should provide easy access to manage groups or teamwork. This way best to-do list apps can help you have the whole lot under one roof. So you can incorporate outstanding activities that you have assigned to your staff.
4. Elegant UI/UX 🦋
Great design is a need these days – everyone has this on their list of requirements. The app has to be visually appealing, you have to like the way it looks. How are you going to get stuff done if you can’t even stand to look at the list itself? This is a simple user interface design. The app has to look good and also be readable.
5. Multiple Workflows 🚵
Tags, lists, projects, and due dates are of great help. When it comes to creating a task or a project, and so a to-do list apps must provide at least a few of these features.
The Best To-Do List Apps of 2020
We decided to do a round-up of the best to-do list apps that are available this year, and how they score. Here are our thoughts on how each of these to-do apps performs:
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: $3 per month
It’s no surprise to see Todoist among the top-ranking to-do list apps. Todoist is a simple, powerful task management program that can be used to handle anything from a shopping list to major projects at work with small teams, groups, and professionals.
It supports all existing platforms, which is why Todoist is one of the best apps to manage to-do lists in the world.
Todoist’s versatility allows multiple consumers to quickly produce simple set-ups or sophisticated and more complicated task management. Todoist is quite versatile to deal with competitive workflows and not complex either.
It’s a great app to get your hands on particularly when you are confused about where to start.
- Recurring tasks are where Todoist really shines, standard features! It helps you to plan the next instance of a repetitive task depending on the last date the task has been accomplished.
- Hide things you’ve never begun, If you’re trying to constantly juggle a bunch of projects, covering things you’re not focused on at the moment will help the Active Projects screen look a lot less overwhelming.
- Start using the templates of the project, if you want to replicate a work at a later date, you’ll love Todoist templates together with all its tasks and settings.
- See your recurring Tasks at Once, Go to Filters and click Add Filter. Name the filter, and type recurring in the Query field, then click Add Filter. You will see a complete list of all your ongoing tasks once you click on that button to keep them up-to-date.
- There is a checklist next to all tasks in Todoist. Even so, if you want a task listed without a checkbox, simply start the task name with a space followed by an asterisk.
- Visualize your productivity, press the Karma score and you’re going to see a visual representation of your success. You’ll be able to see how many tasks you’ve done, how productive your days are, and for which projects you’ve accomplished the most tasks.
- You can perform some basic formatting to your main tasks and comments, whereas, adding hyperlinks is also not a big deal for Todoist.
- Free – for starters, up to 80 projects, up to 5 people per project
- Premium – for pros – $3 per user/month (billed annually), up to 300 projects, up to 25 people per project, reminders, comments & file uploads, labels & filters, productivity trends
- Business – for teams – $5 per user/month (billed annually) and $6 per user/month (billed monthly), up to 500 projects, 50 people per project, team inbox, admin & member roles, team billing, priority support
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web
- Price: $3.99 per month
Up next on our best do-to list app is Evernote. It is a cloud-based software service designed to create, organize and store different media. Also, keeps all your stuff stored in the cloud via your own personal Evernote account.
Eventually, Evernote has become the ultimate note-taking and archiving tool of choice for many professionals and casual web users to collect information, keep it all updated and even collaborate with others.
- Mobile offline notes, anywhere, even without an internet connection, your notes are accessible. Ideal for airlines, international travel, and on-the-go jobs.
- More uploads, 10 GB of monthly note uploads so you’re never worried, such a relief!
- Larger notes, you can store high-resolution photos and presentations with a maximum note size of 200 MB.
- Business card scanning, Leave your card stack behind by scanning them using the camera from Evernote.
- Presentation mode, Plan for more interactive, productive meetings directly from your notes in a full-screen interface.
- PDF annotation, you can prevent lengthy email dialog if a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Account switching, Shift from one free account to unlimited Premium accounts instantly.
- Faster image recognition, discover what you’re searching for more easily.
- Basic – Free, note-taking, audio notes, to-do lists, annotations and comments
- Plus – $3.99 per month, Email-to-Evernote, business card scanning, PDF annotations, priority support, and more
- Premium – $7.99 per month, AI suggested content, integrations, team collaboration, team administration, priority support, and more
3. Things 3
- Supported Platforms: macOS, iPhone/iPad
- Price: $9.99 (one-time) for iOS
Things 3, from the German-based Cultured Code tech startup, is an Apple Design award-winning app that is both easy and powerful to organize your life and work.
Things 3 is one of the best to-do list apps for iPhone and Mac, as, it is an Apple (iOS/Mac) only task manager app appreciated for its emphasis on developing productivity.
We noticed a lack of some important features that one would expect to find in the best to-do list apps, such as sharing devices, location-based reminders, and a web app.
While there is a complete lack of Windows and Android versions, this decision is surely part of what makes the team focus on delivering such a healthy product. You owe it to yourself if you are an Apple user.
- Project completion circles; a circle appears as you fill in your task. If there are five pieces in a project and you’ve finished four of them, you’ll see a little sliver left to do.
- The best apps to manage to-do lists makes it simple to create new tasks, Things 3 did it. Cultured Code calls it the “magic plus button,” and it appears at the bottom right corner of the app in a large blue circle. You can tap and drag it wherever.
- Today and This Evening lists are your go-to places for all of your activities once you’ve made your daily plans. The app allows you to display calendar events in conjunction with your tasks to have a complete schedule outline.
- The upcoming list shows all the things that are planned for your coming days from tasks, deadlines, and events.
- Large projects can easily be divided into smaller and less overwhelming parts.
- You can use a two-finger swipe with Slim Mode to break down your sidebar and get a more focused view. It provides an option for multiple Windows as well.
- If you’re using Apple’s Calendar and Reminders software, you can press a single button to import all your activities and reminders.
- With a multi-select gesture, being able to grab tasks on iOS was very nice when in a hurry.
- Things 3 for is available for Mac at $49.99 and also offers a 15-day free trial.
- It costs $9.99 for iPhone & Apple Watch.
- For the iPad, Things 3 costs $19.99.
- Supported Platforms: Android, Windows, macOS, iPhone/iPad, Web
- Price: $2.79 per month
Finding the right to-do list app for you is just as much about finding an app you like as having the right functionality for your way of working. TickTick is a powerful application for-do & task management that synchronizes seamlessly across all of your devices. A cross-platform and collaborative to-do list app with a few streamlined features appropriate for the working method to get things done.
Ultimately, TickTick is a good app but there are too many limitations on its free version to make long-term use. There’s more space for the free app to boost beefing because some features didn’t work as expected or were hard to find.
- Flexible views of calendars, you can more easily test and monitor your schedules with five different views of the calendar.
- Add tasks faster and easier such as Voice input, transforms emails into tasks, Siri, widgets and Quick Ball.
- Never miss a deadline with Smart date parsing, Task duration, multiple reminders, Location reminder, and Recurring tasks.
- Focus on your goals with Pomo Timer, Practice the Pomodoro Technique and White noises.
- Collaborate with anyone- Sharing lists, Assigning tasks, Task activities, List activities.
- Once you enable the time zone option in the settings you will never get lost in time.
- Sleek & exquisite interface, In addition to enriching your screen, TickTick will also make you less stressful.
- Swipe for quick actions, you can organize tasks easily with quick actions without entering the task information page.
- TickTick offers a Free account, as well as a Paid premium plan at $2.79 per month or $27.99 per year.
- The Mac app lists the price at $2.99 per month.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone/iPad, Web
- Price: $5 per month
Any.do is an award-winning to-do list app, due to its stunning interface and signature feature, the Any.do Moment.
This to-do list app doesn’t just keep track of your tasks but also helps you get better at managing them, something only the best productivity apps can do.
Any.do synchronizes all your apps seamlessly, making your to-do list available anywhere. It’s an all-in-one free to-do guide, calendar, and smartphone reminders. Due to its amazing free tier services, Any.do is one of the best free to-do list apps.
Any.do can be great for anyone who wants to make the most of their time by embracing a minimalist design as well as powerful apps. This is exactly what you need if you’re the kind of person who adds things to a list and forgets about them.
- Any.do Moment is the signature feature of the app. This feature allows you to review all of the tasks currently assigned to you and determine whether to commit or postpone them to a later date.
- Any.do has launched a new feature – Focus Mode. Entering into the focus mode means setting a time to be focused for say, 20 mins. On-screen appears a small tree and timer.
- “Plan my Day” feature, a feature that makes you schedule your various tasks and their completion timelines.
- Set smart reminders to ensure that important things don’t slip away. You can be sure that critical things are not forgotten with powerful one-time, recurring and location-based reminders.
- Use a smart grocery list to streamline your grocery shopping experience. It also integrates with Siri and Alexa!
- Share lists and assign tasks to each other, chat, and more as simple as it could be.
- Powerful task management list, by sending [email protected], you can add the list item directly from your email / Gmail / Outlook inbox. Add files to your tasks from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- The Free plan offers access to, to-do lists, daily planner, and sync across devices, notes, and more.
- The Pro account, which costs $5 per month or $45 per year, gives you access to more features.
- Supported Platforms: Web, iOS, Android, Mac
- Price: $99 per month
As a reliable service with easy setup and fast learning time, Basecamp is cloud-based and one of the most popular online project management apps out there. Basecamp has been marketed for small businesses since the beginning as project management and collaboration tool.
Many software shops, design companies, freelancers, consultants, etc. have moved to Basecamp to substantially improve their project workflow and make it stand among the best apps to manage to-do lists.
- Simple view: Creating a project is very easy. A page like a sheet in a notepad is created when you create a project where you can do the following;
- Add project team members: You can add members of the team and their information as a project manager. Members of the customer team can also be added.
- Add admin for the project: You can also assign the team members the administrative role so that they can handle the Basecamp project.
- Create to-do lists: In the project, tasks can be created. Due date and an individual can be assigned to the assignment. Using Basecamp, an email can be sent to the person informing him/her about assigned tasks.
- Hold discussions: You can create topics for discussion, add material with attachments, and submit the project to people. They can express their opinions.
- Manage project calendar: The calendar for the Basecamp is quite detailed. Projects, activities, and deadlines can be seen from one perspective.
- Track milestones: Milestones can be combined with that-dos to show the activities that must be performed to achieve a milestone.
- Have different project views: The calendar view enables dates-based tracking of activities on a list. Another view shows the users and their activities. A third view shows things that are open and closed.
Basecamp comes with a Free-to-use Standard plan, with 3 projects, 20 projects, and 1 GB storage space limit.
For Business, Basecamp costs a flat, fixed fee of $99 per month or $999 per year. This includes unlimited users and unlimited projects.
For Non-profits and charities, Basecamp offers a 10% discount.
7. OmniFocus 3
- Supported Platforms: macOS, iPhone/iPad, Web
- Price: $49.99 (one-time purchase)
OmniFocus 3 is a powerful GTD framework that enables actions to be generated and tags to be classified by category. It can also be used as an app for project management and offers amazing features mentioned below. Also, you can group your actions to manage them through the respective projects.
It comes in different customizable sections. Also, enables you to have projects and sub-projects to add checklists, notes, and attachments to each of them. You can also use color code for easy organization and access to tasks.
Whereas it isn’t cross-platform, and it doesn’t support collaboration. It also costs more than similar apps. Meanwhile, it also stands among the best to-do list apps for iPhone.
- Tags Lets add context or another way of filtering and sorting tasks.
- The great feature for GTD is custom perspectives. A custom view of tasks that meet certain criteria can be created and saved.
- We found that OmniFocus was not as easy to use as other to-do applications, including Todoist, when it comes to creating fast entries. Command+n starts a new blank job, okay, but when it comes to adding information, the correct fields must be tabs or mouseover.
- OmniFocus has a few cool features that are more suited for GTD. For example, you can build Focus Tabs that are views of only the tasks you want to see displayed in the app window as separate tabs.
- A Forecast tab helps you to narrow down on projects due soon or overdue. You can also check upcoming deadlines and see how many tasks are due on a mini calendar.
- And a few brand new features: Summary View, Thumb Nav, and a suite of extra goodies.
- A flexible Inspector has a lot of the same details from version 2, but it can now be personalized. This allows you to customize the data fields you see when choosing a function exactly to your taste.
OmniFocus users now have the option of purchasing an OmniFocus Pro subscription for $9.99/month or for $99.99/year. With your Omni Account, you can sync between all three apps – Mac, iOS, and Web.
- Mac only – $99.99 for Pro, and $49.99 for the Standard plan.
- iOS only – $74.99 for Pro, and $49.99 for the Standard plan.
- Web add-on – $4.99 per month, or $49.99 per year. Existing license for Mac or iOS required.
If you’ve already invested in a stand-alone OmniFocus app for iOS Mac (or both), and just want to add the web service, the cost for that will be $4.99/month.
- Supported Platforms: iPhone, iPad, macOS, WatchOS
- Price: $1.49 per month
Bear is nice, versatile writing software for notes and prose development. One of the most attractive and the best to-do list apps for Mac and iPhone. Sadly, there’s no Android app in the works.
It provides a simple page with no distractions to make your lists, notes or plan your day. You will be able to use different inline styles to do much more with your text. The beauty of the Bear app is that it gives you plenty of functions while keeping your workspace clean and simple in the focus mode where you can concentrate on the job.
- A focus mode helps you to focus, and advanced markup options are the best friend of an online writer. Total in-line picture support gives life to your writing.
- Packed with nice themes and typography and Dark Mode, Bear makes your writing look great before and after publishing
- With Bear Pro, to keep them safe, you can encrypt individual notes and lock Bear to keep friends, family, and colleagues away.
- Edit and export Simple tools from Bear take the effort to write. Whether you need to meet specific word counts and reading times or convert your writing to PDF and Word docs.
- Smart Data Recognition of links, emails, addresses, colors, etc.
- One-tap iPhone and iPad setup with a custom shortcut bar and plentiful keyboard shortcuts.
- Use Cross-Note Links to outline work, easily connect other notes, etc.
- Hashtags to identify and organize notes easily.
- Focus mode conceals notes and other choices when necessary.
Many of Bear’s features are Free to use on Mac, iPad, and iPhone. You can create notes, add tags and attachments, and export to a variety of formats.
Bear Pro offers advanced features including sync between all your devices, over a dozen beautiful themes, and more powerful export options. All this, and future Pro features, can be unlocked with a single in-app subscription that covers all your devices.
The Bear Pro subscription has two options:
- $1.49 monthly, which offers a one-week free trial
- $14.99 annually, which has a one-month free trial
- Supported Platforms: macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Web
- Price: $5 per month
Trello is a visual resource to coordinate your life and work. There are more than 35 million registered users of the Trello app. Trello is popular for being among the ones offering outstanding features in the best free to-do list apps.
Whether you are planning a website design project, a holiday or an off-site service, Trello is infinitely customizable and scalable to satisfy your every need. Trello is a forum for project management that helps people and teams to work together better and organize their tasks.
- Integration with an unlimited number of apps (via Power-Ups). Salesforce, Slack, Google Hangouts, GitHub and Evernote, to name a few.
- File attachments up to 250 MB.
- Ability to add files, comments or emoji to a discussion, as well as tag specific members within a comment.
- Security features, such as the ability to restrict membership invitations. You can remove former employees from an account, set access to observer-only for clients or external team members. Take control of who can create private or public boards.
- Custom branding with board background and stickers.
- Various sorting options, such as by recently active members, most members or alphabetically.
- Ability to export team data with a single click.
- Notifications at any time from any device.
- Trello’s ability to create cards and add comments via email is another notable feature. Users can send attachments or reply to emails without logging in to Trello.
- The Standard plan is free of cost
- Trello Gold: $5 per month, or $45 per year, provides access to additional features, e.g. 3 power-ups per board, customized backgrounds, premium stickers, 250 MB attachments and saved searches.
- Business Class: $9.99 per user/month (if paid annually), all Trello Gold features plus various business-oriented features. Business Class users can add an unlimited number of Power-Ups to boards as well.
- Enterprise plan costs are tiered and differ according to the number of users. Businesses with more extensive needs can opt for Trello’s Enterprise plan, which offers features designed for large companies coordinating projects with multiple teams.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: $4.99 per month
If you’re a game prone and like to do things in a fun way, you are reached at the right place. Habitica an application that will view your real life as a game for action and productivity building. Habitica will help you make your goals secure. To inspire you and a strong social network to empower you with in-game rewards and punishments.
Type your Habits, Daily Objectives, and To-Do list, and then create a personalized avatar.
An excellent source to compel yourself to do anything; versatile, interactive and enjoyable. You will love a fully customizable task list that helps to form Habitica to fit your personal goals. This is even better when you join a few friends and start a party. You can battle bosses together, but be careful: failure to complete any tasks on time and it will hurt your mates. If you don’t get inspired by that, then nothing can.
But wait what’s the downside? It is not an ideal to-do list app for long-term project management so you might need to try some other app in the blog. But if your problem is motivation, then Habitica is well worth a spin.
- Track your habits and goals. Stay accountable with the easy-to-use mobile apps and web interface of Habitica by monitoring and controlling your Habits, Daily Goals, and To-Do list.
- Earn rewards for your goals, Check out your Avatar level tasks. Unlock features such as battle armor, mysterious pets, magic skills, and even game quests!
- Battle monsters with friends, Battle other Habiticans with monsters! Purchase in-game or custom bonuses using the gold you receive.
- Achievement: game incentives to complete tasks and big milestones keep you focused on improving your goals in real life.
- Adventure and advancement: Continuous positive performance of activities includes standards and resources. Level progression will unlock extra game features and level-specific quests.
- Shared quests: many types of quests enable you to do your Dailies or damage all your mates, building up to a stage of co-responsibility.
- Common-Interest groups and challenges: Using Habitica can help you find people of the same mind. You can add specific challenges to your task list and help you achieve your goals in your life. Enter guilds and converse with people around the world.
The longer the length of your subscription, the more gems you can purchase for gold. The Standard plan is free.
There are four types of tenures available with the Premium Habitica subscription:
- $4.99 every month
- $14.99 every three months
- $29.99 every six months
- $47.99 every year
11. Microsoft To Do
- Supported Platforms: Android, Windows, Web, iPhone, iPad
- Price: Free
Microsoft To-Do is a perfect task manager and to-do list planner for your needs, whether it’s work, school or elsewhere. It has an elegant user interface that takes only a few seconds to set up.
If you’re an avid user of Office 365, this to-do list app is great for you. You can easily create your regular to-do list from scratch or import it directly from other apps, such as Outlook and Wunderlist. Via My Day list, you can easily identify and prioritize your everyday errands as a matter of urgency.
The software synchronizes very seamlessly across platforms. This makes it easy for you to move and work from anywhere between your apps. If you still haven’t decided on whether which best free to-do list is right for you, you better consider this free app.
- A daily planner personalized with suggested tasks: My Day and to-do lists are accessible anywhere, on any device.
- Share lists with your team, relatives, bosses, and classmates and delegate tasks.
- The feature of task management divides your tasks into manageable steps.
- Use the To-Do widget to add reminders, tasks, and lists.
- Reminders with one-time or recurring due dates. And Attach up to 25 MB of files to any task. Office 365 integration Sync reminders and task lists between Outlook and To-Do. Also, multiple Microsoft accounts can be added.
- Make lists of tasks and switch between the lists of school, work and personal.
- Microsoft 365 is stores lists and activities with encryption.
- Task lists are compiled from Microsoft 365 apps and services.
Microsoft To-Do is completely free to use.
- Supported Platforms: Web, iOS, Android
- Price: $10.99 per user/month
Asana is a robust collaboration tool for task management that allows teams to organize their projects and tasks. It is a collaborative application that encourages openness and transparency.
The app also allows users to focus on their business objectives and goals. Productivity enthusiasts love Asana—and for good reason. Which is why it is in the list of best apps to manage to-do lists.
This online team collaboration platform focuses on process management but it also tackles task management nitty-gritty with aplomb.
Asana comes with an easy-to-use, beautifully designed interface and smart features, so people can share plans, communicate in real-time, track progress, and gain insight from views and reports.
- Projects: Make a success of each mission. Map every move and arrange in one place all the specifics of your work.
- Boards: Visualize the work you do. Move work quickly, comfortably and beautifully through multiple stages.
- Use a timeline to create a plan that will show you how your project’s pieces fit together and help you keep track of things as they shift.
- Automation: simplify workflows, reduce mistakes, and save time to solve more important problems.
- Calendar: nail your schedule by viewing a calendar of work. Find holes and overlaps easily in your schedule and make adjustments quickly.
- Portfolios: See how all your ventures are going with Portfolios in real-time. Enabling you to proactively fix challenges and track stakeholder updates.
- Workload Management: Manage the workload for your squad. See how busy team members are, all in one view, across projects.
- Integrations bring emails, files, tickets, and more to Asana with more than 100 integrations to choose from. So you can see all in one location.
- Basic – Free to use, tasks, List/Board/Calendar views, assignees, due dates, and more
- Premium – $10.99 per user/per month (billed annually), timeline, advanced search & reporting, custom fields, forms, milestones, and more
- Business – $24.99 per user/per month (billed annually), portfolios, workload, custom rules builder, proofing, lock custom fields, and more
- Enterprise – contact sales for inquiry, SAML, user provisioning & de-provisioning (SCIM), data export & deletion, and more
13. Google Tasks
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iPhone, iPad
- Price: Free
What could bring more Android stock experience than the task manager of Google itself? If you are looking for easy, minimal design and clear functionality, Google Tasks it is.
Integration with Gmail and Google Calendar makes it a powerful tool and enhances its functionality. These features make the app stand out among the best apps to manage to-do lists. It synchronizes seamlessly across all your Android devices.
It also offers the most stock-based Android experience on any one-to-do list app that makes it stand among the best to-do list apps for android.
- Create multiple lists: To open a dropdown menu, tap on My Tasks at the top of the window. Select create a new list and enter a list name. Tap Start. To fill in your list, select add a task.
- Renaming lists: Select ‘More’ (three-point icon) and choose the Rename folder.
- Move the task to a different list: Right-click on the task and choose Moving from the menu to another page.
- Export current Google Calendar reminders by clicking more. Choose Task reminders to export.
- Filter your lists of to-do. You can filter your lists by the order you made or by the date you made them.
- View tasks created from emails, generate a task directly from an email in Gmail. View your tasks in Gmail’s side panel-Return a task to your source email.
- Part of G-Suite — Bringing Google’s suite of powerful, smart apps to your business. Use Google’s AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee. Connect easily to your team with one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar & more.
The Google Tasks to-do list app comes free with a Google account.
- Supported Platforms: iPhone/iPad
- Price: $2 per month
TeuxDeux is the last one of our blog’s best to-do list apps. Rather than adding in any task management feature in the app, the emphasis is only on managing a to-do list. Clear and clear, TeuxDeux makes sure that while doing things, you’re not frustrated.
If you’re traveling all the time and you don’t want to miss your work, TeuxDeux mobile app will take care of it. The app is designed to connect the tasks for iOS users.
- Build and delegate assignments and set due dates to your team.
- You can rank the tasks as required according to your project.
- To plan any project, add many users to one project.
- Make discussions in the comments section for any confusion and progress related issues.
- Easy drag and drop and text formatting functionality to add to-dos in lists.
- Recurring reminders of to-dos and Effortless to-dos access.
- Roll forward function that moves tasks today to the next day if missed.
- TeuxDeux week interface: You can look at past activities and see what to do or plan. TeuxDeux is a weekly to-do list, but there’s something you don’t have to do right away, but you want to recall it. In this case, at the bottom, you can use the section “Someday.”
You can try TeuxDeux free for 30 days, after which, the Believer plan is available at $2 per month, paid annually.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: Free
One of the best to-do list apps, ToodleDo helps you manage tasks efficiently. Its effective tools serve the purpose of organizing, productivity and collaborating. It helps you organize tasks, set goals and get timely reminders to enhance productivity.
ToodleDo also allows you to work in teams which makes it one of the best to-do list apps. On top of everything, ToodleDo allows you to manage your data, without much trouble, through easy sync between devices.
The features of ToodleDo are divided into four categories:
- Task organization: Its task organization features make ToodleDo one of the best apps to manage to-do lists. The features include folders, tags, subtasks, priority, context, repeating tasks. It also gives you the ability to assign stars to important tasks.
- Productivity tools: It provides a lot of productivity tools that form the hallmark of the best to-do list apps. The features range from Calendar and alarm clock to goal setting and time tracking.
- Collaboration: Features like workspaces and the ability to share and assign tasks, make ToodleDo one of the best to-do list apps available for teamwork.
- Data management: Easy sync and import/export from third-party apps make it very easy to manage data.
ToodleDo is a free app, but it offers an additional feature of Sound Pack for $0.97. The Sound Pack contains 30 high-quality sounds that can be used as task alarms.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: $4 per month
With effective tools for both teams and individuals Notion has made its place among the best to-do list apps. You can use it to organize your notes, manage your tasks and work effectively in collaboration with other people.
The lightweight CRM and elaborate databases allow you to analyze your work and your team’s work. The amount of content that can be uploaded is limited in the free version and unlimited in paid versions.
- It allows you to create notes and docs with 30+ media types. The interface disappears as you type, providing you a distraction-free writing experience.
- Acts as a knowledge database making it easy to share and search for knowledge across the organization.
- Allows you to create projects and assign tasks which makes it great for teamwork. It also enables you to interact with team members in real-time.
- With desktop push notifications you can stay updated with new developments.
- The lightweight CRM makes it easier to manage teams. Databases and spreadsheets give valuable insights into the workflow.
- Free: You can add unlimited members and guests. The amount of content (also referred to as blocks) you can add is limited to 1000 blocks and the size of each must be 5MB or less.
- Personal: This plan is tailored for personal use (there can be unlimited guests but only you can be a member.) Available at $4 per month, in this version, there is no limit to the number or size of the blocks.
- Team: This package is available for $8 per month and per member. You can add an unlimited number of members, guests, and blocks. Advanced admin tools and permissions are available.
- Enterprise: The sales team will create a personalized pricing plan based on the size of your company and the features you are interested in the most.
The number of members, guests, and blocks that can be added are unlimited. Advanced permissions, a dedicated manager, and admin tools are available. Any past version of a Notion page can be restored at any time.
17. Keep and Share
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Price: $9 per month
This is a calendar app that allows you to stay organized by giving you the ability to add events, addresses, and photos into your calendar.
The app has different versions to choose from depending on whether you want to use it as an individual or you want to add your whole team to it so that you can schedule things together in one place.
- As the name implies, Keep and Share calendar is shareable which makes it easy to coordinate with other people.
- Email and text reminders make sure that you do not miss out on anything.
- Extensive color-coding makes organization easier.
- Features like event tags and the ability to add images make the calendar very customizable.
- It also allows you to save addresses and photos.
Keep and Share is one of the best free to-do list apps but its paid versions are also available.
- Basic: This plan is free. It allows up to 500 calendar entries, 1 calendar, 2 event tags, 100 addresses, 500 photos, and 50mb files. Edit rights cannot be received or given in this version.
- Solo: This is available for $9 per month. It allows 3000 calendar entries, 5 calendars, 8 event tags, 5GB files, 5000 addresses, and 12500 photos. Edit rights can be given to or received from other paid accounts.
- Team: This plan allows you to add multiple users and form a team. The pricing depends on the number of users in the team. A 3-user team will be charged $19 per month and a 50 user team will be charged $149 per month.
- Add-Ons: There are 3 expansion packs available as add-ons for any of the plans. The prices are $9, $19, and $29 per month.
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: $4.99 per month
WeDo is one of the best to-do list apps for Mac and is also available on other platforms. It provides you with an easy to use interface and allows you to create, organize and share your data with others.
Productivity tools like reminders, time tracking, and due dates help you stay right on track and keep your vision clear.
- It enables you to create notes, add habits and organize your data entries into folders.
- Notifications, reminders, time estimating and due dates are provided to allow effective time management and planning.
- Subtasks and priorities aid in working out a plan of action
- The app allows you to upload files and attachments.
- The sharing feature allows you to share your lists and notes with your friends, family, and colleagues.
- Free: The core features of the app like reminders, habits, and subtasks are available for free.
- Premium: A monthly payment of $4.99 ($3.99/mo. if paid annually) allows you to enjoy the app ad-free. It also provides some additional features like habit targets, insights and A-Z sorting.
- Lifetime: This plan requires a one-time payment of $159.99. With this plan, all the features of the app will be available for a lifetime.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Linux
- Price: $39.99 per year
Remember the milk is a very simple to-do list app with features such as reminders to help you stay active and productive.
The basic free version should work fine for anyone in want of a simple to use to-do-list but if you are looking for customizations and more advanced tools you might want to upgrade to the paid pro version of the app.
- It allows you to create a to-do-list for the tasks you do not want to forget.
- Reminders make sure that you do not forget anything.
- The sharing feature can help others know what is on your to-do list. It also enables you to divide your work by assigning some of the tasks to others.
- Your data is automatically synced to all your devices.
- Advanced A to Z sorting and color coding allows a better organization.
- It also allows you to attach files to your tasks making the experience more personalized.
- Basic: The basic version is free making this app one of the best free to-do list apps.
- Pro: The pro version is available for $39.99 per year. Among other features, this version comes with advanced permissions, customization, and sorting.
20. Google Keep
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: Free
Google Keep is one of the best to-do list apps with a very easy to use interface. When it comes to managing day to day notes and keeping task lists, Google Keep can come in handy. It has all the core features that one needs in a basic to-do list app including reminders and the ability to attach images.
One of the features, that is not present in many apps is the ability to draw. With an easy user interface and data sync across devices, Google Keep has the potential to be your go-to app for basic organizing.
- It allows you to create notes and lists.
- The notes and lists can be color-coded for better organization.
- The feature of labels also allows for better organization and sorting.
- Auto-sync to devices keeps you in touch with your data everywhere.
- Reminders keep you from missing out on things you need to do.
- The ability to make drawings and attach images allows for a more personalized experience.
If you are looking for the best free to-do list apps with no add-ons, Google Keep is the one. All features are available for use free.
- Supported Platforms: iPhone, iPad
- Price: $2.99
Available at a one-time payment of $2.99, Eisenhower is a simple yet effective app to bring organization and focus in your life. You can use the Eisenhower Matrix to prioritize tasks.
The special built-in timer can keep you from feeling overwhelmed by helping you maintain focus on a single task at a time.
Being one of the best to-do list apps for iPhone, Eisenhower provides unique features for task management. Following are some of them:
- It allows one to manage tasks according to priority, complexity, due date, and dependency.
- It also allows you to track the status of a task in terms of incoming, designated, completed and so on.
- Eisenhower matrix allows time management by managing tasks according to their importance.
- Focus mode is a special timer to help you focus on a single task for 30 minutes
- You can move tasks among different quadrants if urgency or priority changes.
- You can trigger emails to delegate tasks to others.
- Cloud sync allows you to switch between devices without having to transfer data manually.
Counted among one of the best to-do list apps for iPhone, Eisenhower is available for only $2.99 on the App Store.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, kindle
- Price: $3.25 per month/user
Checklist has a free version that allows you to manage checklists and share them with others. Its paid version however also allows you to work with teams. The paid version gives you the ability to invite members to the team and assign them different tasks and roles.
It also serves as a data collection software with fields like address and contact numbers. This app is not only useful for task management but also to analyze the workflow of projects.
- It allows you to create and publish your checklists.
- Tasks can be further divided into sub-tasks to bring more clarity.
- Features like tags and advanced search allow easy sorting.
- The ability to add attachments makes the checklists more personalized.
- User roles are used to assign tasks to others and manage teams.
- Fields allow for the collection of data like phone numbers and addresses.
- Email and VIP support help to make your experience of using the app more useful and easy.
- Free: Free version offers the core features such as unlimited checklists, unlimited sub-tasks, 1GB storage, and others.
- Standard: €3 (~$3.25) per month and user. Additional features include tags, advanced search, email support, increased storage and the like.
- Pro: €5 (~$5.42) per month/user. This is designed for teams and has features like user roles, private templates, multiple task types, and 20 GB storage.
- Enterprise: €9.5 (~$10.3) per month/user. It offers advanced features like location tracking, timeline view, VIP support and a storage of 50 GB.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: Free
SomToDo is a very simple and basic app. Its colored folders make it easy to organize things and the keyword search makes it easy to navigate among the date. The major plus point of the app is the ease with which it can be used.
From adding notes and lists to filter tasks by category, SomToDo provides you all that you may look for in a simple management app.
- It allows you to add tasks that need to be done.
- Due dates and reminders make sure that the tasks are not missed.
- You can easily add notes and memos to the tasks.
- It allows you to prioritize your to-do list by marking the most important tasks with stars.
- You can filter tasks by categories and search for anything using keywords.
- Color-coded folders make navigation easy.
- Password security protects your privacy.
- Basic: The basic version is available for free. The app offers in-app purchases to go premium.
- Premium: $3.6 per month or $37.4 per year. The premium version is ad-free and provides increased storage and prompt customer support.
- Supported Platforms: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
- Price: $4.99
The easy to use and beautiful interface has made Ikiru one of the best to-do list apps for the iPhone. Ikiru is great for keeping and managing to-do-lists. You can use a wide variety of icons to assign to lists making the experience of using Ikiru more fun.
It allows you to create lists within lists to enable an effective breakdown of big tasks. The major plus point of the app is its easy accessibility and control which makes it stand out.
- Create lists and then lists within those lists.
- Assign and create categories and sub-categories of different tasks.
- Perform batch operations and also has a ‘shake to undo’ feature to undo accidental swipes or clicks.
- Group all items due on a particular date so that you can see everything in one place.
- Sorting options like alphabetical sorting and due date sorting.
- Lists can be shared with others via Email.
- Images can be added to list items.
- Password protection is available.
- Automatic back up and cloud sync keep your data from being lost.
One of the best apps to manage to-do lists, Ikiru is available for $4.99 on the Apple App Store.
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: $7.5 per month/user
Swipes have specialized versions for both individuals and teams. If you want to use Swipes for individuals, the good news is that it is free of cost. Swipes for individuals allow you to collect and organize your data and help you get into action.
Swipes for teams is very effective when it comes to assigning tasks to others, managing teams, planning activity for the team ahead of time and evaluating overall performance.
- It allows you to collect all your tasks in one place through integrations with apps like Gmail and Evernote.
- You can prioritize your tasks based on their importance. It allows you to leave the less important tasks for re-scheduling.
- It helps you focus on the current priority and cheers you once the task is marked completed.
- Swipes for teams allow you to break down tasks and plan them with your team.
- It allows you to add team members and helps you be aware of what tasks your team is working on currently.
- The tracking tool helps you analyze progress and shows you all that is done and all that still needs to be done.
- Personal: The version of the app designed for personal use is free of cost.
- Teams: $6 per month/user (charged annually) or $7.50 per month/user. A 30-day free trial version is also available for Swipes Teams.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Linux
- Price: $8 per month (paid annually)
Nozbe is a great choice to help you organize quicker. Its integrations with other apps like Evernote allow a quick transfer of all your valuable data. You can even sync it with Google Calendar which will save you from the trouble of entering data anew.
The app provides specialized plans for small businesses, large businesses, and individuals or duos. The price of each plan varies and the features provided are customized to suit the purpose of the plan.
- It allows you to create lists and reminders both for personal use and business purposes.
- You can share projects via the app and make teamwork easy.
- It allows you to delegate tasks, invite people to work and attach comments.
- It offers productivity advice to keep you going on the right track.
- Integrations with Google, Evernote, and Dropbox allow for an easy transfer of data where you need it.
- It provides email support and the version for large businesses also comes with VIP support and a dedicated account manager.
- Productivity reports help you see and analyze things.
- Solo Duo: $10 per month (if paid monthly), $8 per month (if paid annually). The solo duo is available for 1 to 2 users.
- Small Business: $23 per month (if paid monthly), $18 per month (if paid annually). This plan can include up to 8 users.
- Business: $99 per month (if paid monthly), $78 per month (if paid annually). This is suitable for big businesses as it allows you to add an unlimited number of users.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Linux, Amazon Fire
- Price: $9 per user/month
Along with providing basic task management features of to-do list apps, ClickUp also provides advanced features. It allows you to group simple and complex tasks and manage them separately so that you can keep the overall workflow in check without having to mix things up.
The ability to create workplaces allow you to work in teams and operate your business in a highly organized and efficient manner.
- Workplaces act as organizational units for companies, agencies, and businesses.
- Spaces can be used to keep different types of content in the same workplace.
- Folders help you organize content in the spaces.
- Lists have statuses with view counts for each member.
- Tasks are the pieces of work that need to be done either successively or in one go. You can add attachments and details to elaborate on the tasks.
- Any task that needs to be done successively can be divided into subtasks for clarity and ease of completion.
- You can switch between different modes while using the app. Switching to Me mode will enable you to see the tasks assigned to you alone.
- Reminders help you keep track of everything.
- Free version: This version is available free but the storage capacity is limited.
- Unlimited version: $5 per user per month (if paid annually) and $9 per user per month (if paid monthly). This version allows for unlimited storage and advanced permissions.
- Supported Platforms: Web, macOS, Android
- Price: $9 per month (paid annually)
iDoneThis has secured its position in the list of best to-do list apps for android and the best to-do list apps for Mac, with its useful management tools. It is, however not yet available for iPhone. It has three different plans with prices and advanced features varying with each plan.
The members of your team can log in via email and report to you. The goals are managed in terms of their completion status and elaborate reports are produced about workflow.
- It allows you to enter projects and tasks that your team is working on.
- Everyone in the team can check in daily through email or browser and you get daily status updates.
- It allows you to know whether a task is done, in progress, or is marked as something that cannot be done.
- Regular reports let you know about your team’s progress over time.
- Standard: $9/user/month if paid annually and $12.5/user/month if paid monthly. Includes advanced reporting features, 3 free integrations, and email support.
- Plus: $22/user/month if paid annually and $25/user/month if paid monthly. Includes unlimited searchable archive, unlimited integrations and round the clock support.
- Enterprise: $35/user/month if paid annually and $40/user/month if paid monthly. Includes enterprise reporting features, SAML single sign-on, bank-grade security and24/7 support.
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
- Price: Free
The key feature of 2Do is its versatility. It can be used as a simple app to manage the day to day to-do-lists and it can also be used as a fierce productivity tool to manage complex workflow.
Basic features allow easy sorting and organizing of the tasks while the advanced features ensure productivity and well-managed workflow.
- It allows you to create lists to keep your tasks together.
- Smart lists save your time by creating a perspective of your tasks.
- Notifications help you remind of things that need to be done.
- You will get alerts if you are at a location where some task needs to be done.
- It allows you to create projects which may be divided into a combination of tasks.
- Quick entry allows you to add tasks one after another from any device.
- Tags and search allow for easy management and sorting.
- Free: 2Do is available for free on both Google Play and App Store with in-app purchases ranging from $1.99 to $3.99.
- Pro: The cost of the pro version can range from $4.99 to $19.99 depending on the discount campaign you choose.
- Single User License for macOS: The download is not free on Mac. You will have to make a one-time payment of $49.99 to buy a single user license. This will allow you to use the app on 5 personal Macs.
- Multiple User License for macOS: $149.99 one-time payment will allow the app to be used by up to 5 users on 4 Macs each.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iPhone, iPad, Web
- Price: Free
Quire is a great app for management with many powerful features. The fact that it provides so many effective tools without any cost makes it one of the best to-do list apps for android as well as for iPhone. It also ensures productivity through goal setting and reminders.
Kanban boards allow you to see your work in one place and analyze the related statistics. With Quire, you can even outsource your work to external teams and make your work life more efficient.
- Kanban allows you to see your workflow in one place.
- Task lists help in tackling big projects.
- Sub-lists provide a high level of organization.
- Smart folders help with the sorting of the tasks.
- It allows you to outsource your work to external teams.
- Teamwork in real-time and instant messaging allow you to communicate more effectively with your team members.
- Recurring tasks are displayed as routines in task trees.
- Start and due dates allow you to see your tasks progress in the Calendar in the form of a chart.
- Health stats provide a visual representation of how well your tasks are going.
- Reminders and notifications make sure that you do not miss out on anything.
- Integrations with other apps allow easy sync of data from one app to the other.
Included in the list of best free to-do list apps, Quire is free of cost and just a download away.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- 10 Best Sleep Apps of 2020 for Longer, Healthier Sleep
- Best Meditation Tips & Techniques for Work: Be More Productive in 2020
- The 10 Best Lead Generation Software to Use in 2020
- The 10 Best CRM Software for Better Customer Management in 2020
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- Top 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- 10 Best Mind Mapping Software of 2020
- 14 Best To-do List Apps of 2020: Manage Your Tasks Effectively
- 12 Best SaaS Blogs You Should Be Following in 2020
- The 10 Best Live Chat Software for Websites: Free & Paid (2020)
- 20 Super Effective SaaS Marketing Ideas to Try in 2020