How do you ensure your passwords always follow password uniqueness and security policies? By using a password manager. Today, we are going to talk about the best password managers of 2020, and the features that they offer.
Table of Contents
The Best Password Management Software of 2020
- Kaspersky Password Manager
- Avast Password Manager
- McAfee True Key
- Sticky Password
- Password Boss
- Keeper Password Manager
- Zoho Vault
- Bitwarden Premium
- SplashID Safe
- Google Password Manager
- Intuitive Password
- Avira Password Manager
Managing passwords can be quite a hassle. Make your password too simple, and you are risking a hack attempt. Make it too complex, and you won’t remember it.
Oh, and then there are various password qualification policies – uppercase characters, lowercase characters, alphanumeric combinations, and symbols. And the average internet user has at least 7 online profiles that require a password to sign in.
Why Do You Need an Online Password Manager?
Before we start listing our favorite password managers, let’s talk about the benefits of using online password managers. Without going into big explanations, here’s a quick mention of the most prominent ones;
First, these apps free you from having to remember passwords for all your accounts. All you’ll need to do is remember just one master password which you can then use to access all your stored emails, passwords, card numbers, etc.
Secondly, all the best password managers can generate new access codes too. And, the great thing about passwords created by a password manager is that they’re exceptionally strong and hence, almost impossible to crack.
Moreover, thanks to online syncing, your passwords are always available across all the devices that you use. If you update a password from one device, it automatically updates that password across all devices.
Lastly, password managers store all data in encrypted form, meaning, it’s impossible to steal your passwords without the master password.
The 26 Best Password Managers (2020 Edition)
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, and IE
Dashlane is the kind of app that you fall in love with the moment you lay your eyes on it. Great features, foolproof security, and reasonable price plans make this app one of the best password managers available today.
Dashlane is easy to use, secure and most importantly, provides great value for your money.
Dashlane offers a free version as well which, honestly speaking, is one of the finest ones around. But, with features like multi-device sync and priority support, the paid versions are just too good to miss.
What impressed us about this app was that although it’s packed with features, it allows password management with great ease and simplicity.
- Password storage and autofill
- Generates new password with one click
- Clean and easy to use UI
- Encrypt personal data and attachments using Secure Notes
- Monitors dark web and alerts users if their data is found online
Currently, Dashlane is being provided in three different price plans:
- Free: This is one of the best free password managers being offered right now. It can store up to 50 passwords but supports only one device.
- Premium: Costs $3.33 per month and is billed annually. This version stores unlimited passwords, works on multiple devices and can sync. It also offers dark web monitoring and secure storage space for sensitive files and documents.
- Premium Plus: Costs $9.99 per month and is billed annually. What makes this version one of the best online password managers is that along with all the features offered in the Premium version, this version also offers credit monitoring, identity restoration support and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, and IE
Ask anyone which password manager they think is the best password manager for Chrome and it’s quite likely that that person will say LastPass.
Being one of the oldest password managers around, this password manager has seen more development and updates than any other app on this list.
When it comes to security and ease of use, LastPass is right up there with the best in the game. But, what we think spoils LastPass’s success is its dismal support system.
Moreover, their free version lacks a lot of features but they kind of make up for that by providing their paid versions at budget-friendly prices.
- Autofill usernames, passwords, contact info, credit card number, etc.
- Password vault for safe storage and easy sharing of data
- Digital wallet for safe and easy online transactions
- Offers two-factor authentication
- Username and password generator
Another thing that makes LastPass one of the best password managers available today is the huge variety of price plans it offers.
- Free: A very bare-bones version of the app. Offers secure password storage to one user.
- Premium: Costs $3 per month. Adds device syncing, form auto-filling, password generator, priority tech support, 1GB secure file storage and lots of multi-factor options.
- Families: Costs $4 per month and supports up to 6 users. Offers separate vaults to each user, unlimited shared folders and a family dashboard for adding-removing members.
- Teams: Costs $4 per user per month. Supports up to 50 members, offers Admin Dashboard, Zero-knowledge security model and password management.
- Enterprise: Costs $6 per user per month. Support unlimited members and adds Directory Integration and single sign-on.
- MFA: Costs $3 per user per month and offers advanced multifactor authentication methods.
- Identity: Costs $8 per user per month and is the most advanced and feature-filled version that LastPass is currently offering.
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave
When talking about online password managers that are more suited to team or family usage rather than personal usage, you cannot miss 1Password.
Security and simplicity are two things that a lot of password managers get right but 1Password offers a pretty good support system as well.
Unfortunately, 1Password doesn’t offer a free version which might turn away some users but it’s paid versions are quite economical so, it’s a pretty good bargain for topnotch password management and security features.
- Autofill for PC and mobile
- 24/7 support forum
- AES-256 encryption for data
- Master password and secret key that only the user has access to
- Watchtower alerts users to any vulnerabilities on the sites they visit
Here are the price plans 1Password is currently offering;
- Personal: costs $2.99 per month and is for individual users. It offers 1GB of safe storage space as well
- Families: costs $4.99 per month and allows up to 5 users
- Teams: costs $3.99 per user per month and offers admin control
- Business: This plan costs $7.99 per user per month and it offers 5GB storage to each user and 24/7 support
- Enterprise: cost depends on the client’s demands. Offers a dedicated account manager and an onboard engineer
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and IE
Since day one, Kaspersky has been a big name in the world of digital and cyber-security. Kaspersky’s password manager’s features and pricing allow this software to live up to that reputation.
Some features in this app bring it on par with the best of the best but then, the unavailability of features like two-factor authentication and item sharing hurt its position.
Apart from usernames, passwords, and credit card info, users can also stores contact info, addresses, notes and images in the vault.
Another feature this app impressed us with was its support for offline apps. Meaning, it can store passwords for offline applications too and with its autofill feature, logging in is just as easy as with online apps and sites.
- Allows storage of notes and images in the vault
- Autofill for online as well as offline apps
- Syncs across multiple devices and supports all major OS
- Access data with master password as well as a fingerprint scan
- With Zero-Knowledge security, nothing gets shared with anyone
Kaspersky currently offers very simplified price plans;
- Free: This is one of the better free password managers available today but it has the only restriction; it allows only 15 password entries.
- Premium: At $1.25 per month, this is one of the most economical “premium” version of a password manager available today. This version has no restriction on password entries but the fact that it only supports one user leaves much to be desired.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
Not only does Avast offer a password manager – but it also integrates with Avast Antivirus which, from a security standpoint, is genius.
In Windows, the password manager comes bundled with the antivirus app which might be bad news for those who’ve already committed to some other antivirus but, if you’ve already got Avast antivirus, this is great news.
Besides, Avast Antivirus is one of the best ones out there so, changing your antivirus won’t be that bad.
The app itself is a little basic when compared to other topnotch password managers. It’s got lesser features and can only secure passwords, credit card info, and notes.
- Password Guardian lets you know if your account is vulnerable or has been hacked
- Default integration with its antivirus app
- One-touch login lets you access accounts with just one tap on your phone
- Limitless cross-platform syncing and backup
- Search bar for fast retrieval of data
Avast Password Manager is easily on the best free password managers of today, and the reason behind that is its integration with Avast Antivirus. The antivirus software comes with a huge number of its cyber-security features and the fact that you can combine those with your password manager is something must be applauded.
Here’s a breakdown of Avast Password Manager’s price plans:
- Free: Supports multiple platforms, syncs across devices and can import passwords from all major web browsers.
- Premium: Costs $1.66 per month in yearly-subscription but can be availed at $1.53 per month in a three-year subscription. Adds Password Guardian, one-touch login and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, and Edge
Although a little behind in the features department, McAfee True Key still managed to earn a spot among the 10 best password managers thanks to its top-notch security features and intuitive user interface.
Moreover, its multi-factor authentication feature is one of the best ones out there.
Previously owned by Intel, True Key has its main focus on multi-factor authentication and in this regard it’s wonderful. But, apart from that, it lacks some important features that a password manager should have.
Features like password sharing, tracker blocker, and email masking are greatly missed on the app but, the app does manage to provide most of the basic features.
- Master password for vault access
- Fingerprint login on mobile apps
- Digital wallet for online transactions
- Password generator
- Cross-device sync
McAfee True Key comes in only two options:
- Free: This version is completely free and offers all the same features as its “premium” counterpart but, the only limit this version has is that it limits password entries to 15.
- Premium: Costs $1.67 per month and is billed annually ($19.99). This version allows unlimited password storage and when you look at the small price that it’s asking for it, the upgrade is quite justifiable.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Seamonkey, Yandex, Comodo Dragon, and IE
With individuals and personal usage as its main focus, Sticky Password impressed every single one of our experts with its great features, security, support and price plans.
Mentioned quite often among the best password manager for iPhone, one doesn’t have to look hard to see Sticky Password’s appeal.
Sticky Password has got all the usual features like autofill, cross-platform sync, and identity storage but the app offers much more than that. One impressive feature is provided by the app is cross-WiFi syncing.
Through this feature, the app syncs your passwords across all your devices connected to the same network. This eliminates the need to access cloud and hence, chances of interception are eliminated.
- Strong password generator
- Secures credit card info and notes
- Allows easy sharing of passwords
- Native browser extensions and add-ons for 9 web browsers
- Uses AES-256 encryption
To the average user, Sticky Password’s UI might seem a little old and outdated but the app still manages to score a spot among the best password managers for Android, thanks to its great price plans. Currently, Sticky Password is available in two options:
- Free: The fact that this app offers a free version when most password managers don’t must be appreciated. Especially when one considers the password generator, form auto-fill, and unlimited entries being provided in the free version.
- Premium: This version can be availed for $29.99 per year or $199.99 for a lifetime. It adds goodies like cross-platform sync, cloud backup, and priority support.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and IE
Password Boss manages to pack almost all great security features into one very good-looking and very reasonably priced app and that is why we consider it to be one of the best password managers for Mac and Windows PC.
The app allows the storage of passwords as well as credit card info and notes. The app has also got a security evaluator that monitors the internet and lets you know if your info is at risk or has been compromised.
Moreover, apart from the free version, the app also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on paid version so that users can test the paid versions themselves and decide if they want to continue.
- Secure password and notes sharing
- Supports password inheritance
- Digital wallet and autofill for easy online transactions
- 2 Factor authentication and AES-256 bit encryption
- Zero-Knowledge architecture to keep users’ data inaccessible to all third parties
Currently, Password Boss is being offered in these options:
- Free: Offers some basic features and restricts usage to a single device.
- Premium: Costs $2.50 per month and offers almost great features like sync, unlimited password storage, multiple-factor authentication, digital wallet, etc.
- Families: Costs $4 per month and while it offers the same features as Premium version, it allows up to 5 users.
- Standard: Costs $3 per user per month. Offers everything in Premium plus team management and sharing features.
- Advanced: Costs $4 per user per month and offers everything in Premium and Standard plus some advanced security and reporting features.
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Blackberry, Linux
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, and IE
Keeper Password Manager does not concern itself with doing anything fancy, security is the only thing that matters to this app and it does incredibly well in that department. So well that we can’t help but place it among the best online password managers.
Although the app’s UI could use some overhauling when you consider the security features that the app offers at such economical rates, it’s hard not to like it.
Moreover, with features like application autofill, custom fields, emergency access, and version history, Keeper easily jumps ahead of most of its competitors.
Most password managers like to skip such things and provide basic functionality, but the fact that Keeper added them shows their level of security and professionalism.
- Face and fingerprint login support on mobile devices
- Cross-platform sync
- Custom fields allow you to store almost any kind of text
- App vault allows photo and video storage as well
Keeper Password Manager is currently being offered in three options:
- Free: Offers basic features and is restricted to one device and one user.
- Personal: Costs $29.99 per year and offers all the features but it’s restricted to one user. This version offers features like unlimited password storage, device syncing, cloud backup, password generator, etc.
- Family: Costs $59.99 per year and it allows up to 5 users. This version offers all the features being offered in Personal plus 10GB secure file storage space.
10. Zoho Vault
- Supported Platforms: Web, Android, iOS, Windows
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge
While some may find the interface a tad confusing, Zoho Vault is a great password manager for anyone looking for all-around security.
The free version of Vault is probably the most feature-filled free version being offered right now and easily lands this app a spot among the best free password managers.
One thing you should keep in mind when considering Zoho Vault is that it’s built for teams, not individuals. Also, the user interface can get a little busy which ends up confusing and annoying the users.
The place where this app impresses is third party app integrations. From Box and DropBox to Office-365 and Lucidchart, Vault can integrate with a lot of apps.
- AES-256 bit military-grade encryption
- Access privileges ensure no unintended team member can access sensitive data
- Share data and passwords with users and groups with ease
- Remove user access instantly
- Track actions of team members and maintain complete records
Currently, Zoho Vault is available in 4 different options;
- Free: Offers features like unlimited password storage, file upload, cross-device sync, password generation, import and export of passwords, offline access, automatic log-in, etc.
- Standard: Costs $0.9 per user per month. It offers everything in the Free version plus password sharing, admin control, cloud backup, priority support and integration with Office 365.
- Professional: Costs $3.6 per user per month. Offers everything in Free and Standard plus emergency access feature, ability to create and manage groups, view user access, and activity report, etc.
- Enterprise: Costs $6.3 per user per month. Offers everything in Free, Standard, and Professional plus Active Directory integration, Helpdesk integration, notifications on password-related events, password access control workflow, etc.
All price plans are billed annually.
- Supported Platforms: Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
RememBear is a worthy addition to the password manager market. It has all the essentials covered for the average consumer. That includes secure password storage, the ability to import passwords from popular web browsers, the option to operate as a digital wallet for your credit cards, and more.
But while this application is easy to use, its most important feature is locked behind a paywall that many free options don’t give. So not considering it as the best free password manager.
RememBear is already a good way towards making its creators proud. Since its software has a spot among the top password management solutions on the market.
Undoubtedly, one of the best password managers. This software comes from the same development company that offers TunnelBear VPN.
- It saves and autofill your passwords and credit card details
- You can securely store sensitive notes with this tool’s strong security system
- Passwords automatically sync to computers, phones, and tablets
- This tool supports fingerprint id and face recognition
- It provides a secure end to end sensitive data protection
- RememBear can automatically be audited for security
- Manage passwords for all of your website accounts
- Import your pre-existing passwords from popularly-used sources browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome and some of its competitors, including 1Password and LastPass
- Store and input credit card information onto websites
- Install as a browser plugin for Firefox, Chrome, or Safari
- Install as a standalone app for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices
- A quick search for logins, digital wallet info, and secure notes through the browser plugin
- Use of the stored information in the plugin as a fast bookmark feature
- Fast plugin and app locking for shared computers
- Account recovery backup kit
RememBear is ostensibly free. Everything that comes with RememBear can be used for free for 30 days after you sign up. After that, you’ll be locked out of one of the most important features: syncing.
A Premium account costs $36/year. RememBear advertises its service at $3 per month, but the company only bills annually.
Unless you pay for premium, you won’t be able to sync your passwords, notes, and credit card information across multiple devices. You can still use RememBear on different devices.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Safari, and more
Bitwarden is an open-source password management software that stores sensitive details such as login credentials in an encrypted vault. It provides the safest way for individuals, businesses, and teams to store, sync, and sync data.
Bitwarden Premium supports advanced two-factor authentication and can serve as an authenticator itself. This password manager costs little more than the impressive free edition and gives you quite a lot.
Bitwarden is one of the best password manager Linux, currently available in the market.
- You can directly integrate Bitwarden into your browser without any hassle
- Securely share and manage logins, secret keys, and more with users across your organization
- Vault health reports- Practice good password hygiene by auditing your vault with insightful reports
- Event logs- Review an audit trail of actions and changes performed by your organization’s users
- Multi-factor authentication- Enforce multi-factor login policies for your users by integrating with duo security
- Access control- implement fine-grained access control policies and organize your vault with collections
- User groups- use groups for easier user management and greater control across departments and teams
- Restful API access- flexible APIs allow you to integrate your organization with other tools and systems
- File storage- Store & share sensitive files such as private keys, certificates, documents, photos, and more
- Directory sync- sync groups and users from an active directory (and other LDAP), Azure, G-Suite, and Okta
- On-premises hosting- easily deploy and host Bitwarden on-premises with no dependency on external cloud services
The creators of Bitwarden Premium strike a nice balance. You get all the necessary features for Free. The premium edition adds some very useful bonus features, at a lower-than-usual price.
Bitwarden Premium costs $10 per year. Bitwarden’s price looks pretty good. There’s an extra charge of $1 per month if you want to use the full power of the secure sharing feature.
Team and Enterprise licensing are available with per-seat pricing. Your company can host your Bitwarden accounts in-house rather than relying on the cloud.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and mobile devices
- Browser Extensions: Firefox and Chrome
A free, highly customizable, feature-rich and the best open-source password manager for tech-savvy users. KeePass is best suited for people who are comfortable with a basic interface, integrating plugins and some manual work. The fact that it’s free and open-source is the best thing about it.
You can store all your passwords in one database, which is locked with a master key. So you only have to remember one single master key to unlock the whole database.
KeePass is not a flashy, easy-to-use software. Yet, the real value of KeePass is in its surprising amount of features, security strength and versatility.
It’s extremely configurable nature and an absolute wealth of plug-ins make it a tinkerer’s dream. And unlike best free password manager apps, it’s free at every level, from consumer up to enterprise.
- One master password decrypts the complete database
- KeePass is portable: it can be carried on a USB stick and runs on Windows systems without being installed
- The password list can be exported to various formats like TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV
- KeePass uses the common CSV export format of various passwords safes. Exports from these programs can be easily imported to your KeePass databases
- A password database consists of only one file that can be transferred from one computer to another easily
- You can create, modify and delete groups, in which passwords can be sorted into
- KeePass can be translated into other languages very easily
- Quick login expedites user logins using methods like a master password or password autofill
- Browser extension integrates the tool with your browser for easy use
- Mobile app usability
- Integrates with your mobile device for use on mobile apps
- Multi-device use enables a user to use the tool across multiple devices
- Admin management allows an employer or administrator to manage employee access
- Password generator generates passwords for each of your logins
- Two-factor authentication provides extra security by requiring an extra for of verification in addition to a password
KeePass is free for all users. For Desktop, you’ll have to choose between KeePass Classic and Professional editions.
The Classic Edition runs on Windows Vista through Windows 10 only.
The Professional Edition has more features (including synchronization across devices). It officially runs on the same versions of Windows as KeePass Classic.
The Professional Edition also supports Mac, Linux, and BSD. Users on all platforms will need to have the Microsoft .NET framework — or its open-source, multi-platform cousin Mono — installed.
- Supported Platforms: Windows/Mac desktop, on iOS and Android
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer
LogMeOnce password management suite offers more features than any competing product. However, enabling them all makes the product very expensive.
With LogMeOnce, the default login method is passwordless. Using smartphone-based authentication. This excellent product has more features than any other password manager.
- Syncs across Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS devices
- Offers two-factor authentication
- Fingerprint ID for mobile phones
- Offers dark web scanning
- Digital wallet feature for storing credit card details
- Has an emergency access feature
- Create multiple identities for filling in web forms
- Password capture and replay feature
- This tool can generate strong passwords
Following are the plans LogMeOnce offers;
The premium version is a completely free plan. With this plan, you’re getting access to most the paid features, but on a more cut-back scale.
The only features that are completely excluded from the free plan are the location information for login attempts. Also, the ability to schedule logins for a later date.
The ‘premium’ (free) plan is the perfect plan for someone who is looking only to use the password management feature.
Professional – available at $1.00/user/month
The Professional tier is very affordable and adds to the usability of the Premium plan. There aren’t many new features added to this tier. You pay for benefits like expanded encrypted storage and anti-hacking tools on more devices.
Ultimate – available at $3.25/user/month
The Ultimate plan ups the monthly fee to several times the price. In exchange, you will get features like Password less Metadata. That allows you to see the geographic location of login attempts, the ability to schedule logins for a future date and more.
Additionally, you’ll get even more expanded access to 10GB of free encrypted storage. The Ultimate plan is a good idea for those who are looking to store sensitive files on the program.
Business & Enterprise
LogMeOnce offers two different tiers of service for companies. Business at $2.00/month and Enterprise at $4.00/month. These plans are billed per-user, with a minimum of three users required to sign up for the service.
LogMeOnce offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Giving you the ability to try out all the features before committing to the monthly fee.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and ChromeOS
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer
RoboForm is a tool that allows you too safely and conveniently store and access your passwords. It helps you to save your time in entering personal with autofill for long web forms.
Roboform protects your data using AES-256-bit encryption with the PBKDF2 SHA-256 algorithm. It is the best free password manager for android, iPhone and Linux.
- It enables you to share information securely with other users
- Offers unlimited password-less login entries for apps
- RoboForm provides password auditing. In which you can examine the security of the website
- One-click logins to your web accounts with the embedded RoboForm browser
- Access your RoboForm data from Safari and other browsers and supported apps
- Starting with Android 8, AutoFill passwords directly within Chrome and other apps
- Keep all of your passwords in one place
- It auto-saves new passwords
- Support for multi-step logins
- Log in to other applications using the Accessibility service
- Share data with family and friends
- Store Wi-Fi passwords, license keys, or other text-based info in secure Safenotes
- View and edit your Logins, Identities, and Safenotes from any device
- Keep your passwords in sync across all devices and computers
- Securely fills web forms with a single tap
- Generate strong, unique passwords with the built-in password generator
- Your data is protected with AES 256 encryption
- App locks after inactivity
- Only you can access your data even if your device is misplaced
- Optional PIN and Touch ID options available
- Two-factor authentication supported
With RoboForm Free, you can save unlimited passwords, autofill web forms, and access your data offline. You can also store links to your favorite websites via the Bookmarks feature. Synchronizing your bookmarks across several browsers and devices.
However, RoboForm Free is only available on one device.
To sync your private data across all browsers and devices, you’ll need to upgrade to RoboForm Everywhere. The upgrade will also get you Emergency Access and Secure Sharing. Also, features such as cloud backup and two-factor authentication with support for TOTP apps.
Its Premium features come at a very affordable price. For $1.99/month, a RoboForm Everywhere subscription adds secure backup, syncing across all devices, and priority support.
They offer discounts on multi-year purchases as well as a Family option. Which gives 5 Everywhere accounts for $3.98/month. This app can be the best password manager for families.
16. SplashID Safe
- Supported Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, macOS, Windows, and Blackberry
- Browser Extensions: Chrome and Firefox
SplashID is a password management solution that helps you to access your account and sensitive information securely.
SplashID contains the most basic features. Like a password generator, limited autofill, and two-factor authentication. However, its lack of a decent free plan and automated import features put this manager far below its competitors.
At the same time, it is one of the best choices to pick from the best Android password managers.
- It provides instant, secure access to your important information.
- You can securely share information with other people.
- It gives complete control of passwords and valuable information across the web.
- You can securely download and restore your backups.
- It provides multi-layer security of data with hashing
- It is a flexible tool. Unlimited number of customizable record types and categories for storing all kinds of passwords and personal information
- It is also customizable. definable list views, support for custom icons and field labels
- AES and 256-bit Blowfish encryption provides proven protection for safe password management; secure field masking offers additional protection for sensitive data like passwords; automatic password generator feature creates un-guessable passwords and prevents the security risk of using the same passwords repeatedly
- Expandable and portable. It synchronizes data between the desktop software and a handheld client for multiple platforms – iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry
SplashID’s Free plan is available on one device only, for users who don’t need to sync.
The Pro plan is incredibly cheap. It can be had for $1.99 a month or $19.99 a year. Paying gives you access to the app on multiple devices. You also gain access to the platform’s cloud backups.
You also gain access to the Dashboard with the paid plan. Alongside the aforementioned sharing features. Paid users will also see priority support when interacting with the SplashID team.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android
- Browser Extensions: Chrome and Firefox
The Google password manager has loads of benefits. Like speeding up registration and keeping every account password unique. But there are some drawbacks, like being tied into Google’s ecosystem that you should consider.
A password manager is a perfect way to create secure, unique passwords that can be controlled centrally. Google Chrome has one built-in, potentially saving you the need for third-party software.
- It automatically detects registration forms and fills in the password
- All the passwords generated are unique
- The passwords will be strong and adhere to a site’s character requirements
- The passwords will automatically be saved to your account
- Your account can be accessed through the Chrome browser or online
- This tool can identify weak passwords
- Dark web monitoring: this tool keeps an eye on the internet to make sure your information isn’t floating out there
- Multi-factor authentication: you can make your passwords even more secure by enabling 2-factor authentication
- Secure document storage: Use this same security to store a digital backup of your most sensitive files. This is helpful if you need to securely share files or if you want a backup in case your computer crashes
- Your passwords are safe and encrypted
- You are linked into Google’s ecosystem
Google’s Password Manager is free of cost – you only need a Google account to get started.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Browser Extensions: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera, and Vivaldi
Enpass is a cross-platform password managing software. It helps you to securely store passwords and other credentials with a master password. It is a basic password manager that’s only suitable for individual users – business users.
The desktop app is pretty good. And, even has a customizable password generator, letting you save all types of secure data. Such as passwords, financial information and more.
The program stores password, and gives you the option to store your sensitive financial information. So you can use it as a virtual wallet: you can store your credit cards, bank info and personal IDs here.
Enpass is a secure password manager. That allows users to protect multiple accounts across various devices with robust unique passwords.
- It stores all data locally on your device, not on our servers, to keep it secure
- It supports cross-platform
- This tool autofill login details, credit cards, identities
- It allows you to segregate data using multiple work environments, i.e., personal, work, or family
- Enpass can sync data of Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, OneDrive, WebDAV, or a Folder on your device
- You can eliminate the weak, old, and duplicate password
- It supports your smartwatches, allowing you to access the data from your wrist itself
- Protect unlimited accounts for free on any desktop machine
- Sync the password manager with browsers using extensions
- Identity feature for saving address and other data
- Easy to use categories menu for saving data and passwords
- Auto-lock feature to ensure the client is never left open and unprotected
- PIN feature for quick unlock when the password manager is already logged in using the master password
- Password audit feature to ensure an account or password has not been owned
- Sync feature for passing passwords across various devices securely
- Auto-backups feature to ensure data is always securely stored to the encrypted database
- Password generator for automatically created strong passwords
- Autofill for easy logging into online accounts
Enpass is available on a Freemium basis. Which is fantastic for consumers who want a password manager that they don’t need to pay for initially.
The free version is more restrictive on mobile than it is on a desktop where users can protect an unlimited number of accounts free of charge. However, on mobile, it is necessary to pay a one-time fee of $11.99 for each platform.
- Supported Platforms: Windows PC, Mac, Android and iOS
- Browser Extensions: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera
Intuitive Password is a password management and generator tool. You can save your password once and it will instantly available on all your devices. It is a software that adheres to military standards but is applicable for any user type and purpose.
Powerful and reliable, Intuitive Password changes the way businesses and individuals manage their passwords. It secures not only passwords to their different accounts, profiles, and access to critical systems, but centralizes all confidential details such as bank information, contracts, and other secret documents in one place.
And because Intuitive Passwords automatically syncs across all devices, users can easily access their accounts, profiles, and more via their computers and mobile devices.
Intuitive Password is for everyone who needs to secure their social media accounts, bank details, and more from hackers, unauthorized parties, and malicious individuals with devious agendas to name a few.
- This application allows you to sync data across all devices. So that you can access your data from anywhere at any time
- It supports tablets, smartphones, desktop PC, and laptops
- AES-256 encryption
- Automatic logins and password capturing
- Strong password generator
- Availability of security dashboard
- Two-factor authentication
- Intuitive Password can automatically log out of your account after a period of inactivity
- Has an emergency access mode
- Offers custom folder management
- Offers offline access mode
- It helps you to protect your online identity against fraud, phishing scams, malware, and cybercrime, with a strong security system
The following plans are offered by Intuitive password manager:
Intuitive Password provides a Basic plan for free. This service will let anybody start shoring up their accounts with strong passwords.
A basic account is a little thin on the ground in terms of features, but it does have the most important things you need. But, it will only let you store 20 passwords, so if you need more you will need to pay.
For those that want to export passwords, save passwords locally for offline access, or backup and restore passwords – it will be necessary to upgrade to the Express subscription plan.
An Express plan costs $1.34 per month (US) and includes all the features of the basic plan as well as these added features.
The Advanced plan increases the cost of a subscription to $3.36 per month. Which, admittedly, is starting to get a little more expensive. Advanced adds account inheritance to the features set.
That means you can provide a loved one or business partner access to your passwords in the event of an emergency.
The Pro plan costs $10.07 per month (US). It provides all the features above while adding premium support. Along with unlimited shared passwords and unlimited restore points for accessing old versions of passwords. As well as an increased field size capacity and note length (48,000 characters).
Finally, the Enterprise add-on costs $3.36 per month. It allows users to self-host their passwords, white-label the service to remove the branding. Users can also add company branding and add client features in partnership with the firm to integrate it into the business’ needs.
Users can also add SMS authentication to their account. This allows them to get security updates when their credentials are updated, or there is an unauthorized login attempt. An email address can also be added to the account to receive these security alerts.
- Supported Platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android, and other smartphones
- Browser Extensions: Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer 7+
Passpack is a web-based solution to store and organize usernames and passwords. Users can access it from any device such as mobile, tablet or PC. You can manage the credentials for both customers and staff.
PassPack is a reliable platform that keeps user’s data safe even when its servers are hacked. Users can access passwords anytime and anywhere from any device. Once installed in the user’s browser, they can log in to any website in a click. It makes importing passwords from CSV files easier.
Passpack gives you the tools to organize your passwords and store them securely all in one place. If you use the internet you need Passpack. Password Management is not just for power users. Also, this platform is considered the best password manager for the iPhone.
- Offers websites password management
- Allows third-party integration
- The application can backup and restore
- Offline functionality and single sign-on (SSO)
- Availability of multifactor authentication
- Allows secure password sharing
- Anti-key logger On-Screen keyboard
- Two-factor authentication set up
- Authorize your mobile device to skip two-factor authentication
- Support for Yubikey
- Importing and exporting passwords is uncomplicated
- You can receive an infinite number of shared passwords
- Built on AES-256 encryption
- It offers host-proof hosting
- You can manage and administer multiple projects, team members, clients, and employees, efficiently
- Super configurable and disposable logins
- 8 box login for added security
- Auto-login button feature
Free – this plan is free forever. It offers a generous password limit (100), along with 2-factor authentication. It also allows unlimited outgoing sharing to a single connection, easy import and export, and more.
Premium – These plans are divided into four sub-plans. These are:
- Professional – available at $18/year. It offers 1000 a password limit. Allows 3 shared users and 5 groups.
- Group – available at $48/year. It offers a password limit of 1500. Allows 15 shared users and 25 groups.
- Team – available at $144/year. It offers a password limit of 2000. Allows 80 shared users and 100 groups.
- Business – can be availed at $480/year. That offers a password limit of 10,000. Allows 1000 shared users and 300 groups.
- Supported Platforms: iOS and Android
- Browser Extensions: Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome
Avira Password Manager is a new security product by German company Avira. Which is probably best known for its antivirus offerings.
Avira Password Manager offers one of the simplest password management solutions on the market. Despite only being capable of storing and recalling passwords, this password manager still has many features.
The software’s security features are so strong that hacking the encrypted vault is virtually impossible. And to make the app an even more worthy choice, Avira has made cloud syncing between devices. Usually a pay-only feature, free of charge.
- Generates strong, unique passwords and securely stores them
- Checks for weak or reused passwords pro
- Notifies you if an online account has been hacked
- Automatically create highly secure passwords
- Touch and face id
- 2factor authentication
- Band grade encryption
- Avira password manager supports the new dark mode with the latest iOS 13 release. You can now switch between the Dark and Light appearance on your iOS device and the app will automatically adjust its mode
- Avira password manager now has an in-built authenticator that generates the 2FA codes
- The new Security Status feature shows you at a glance how secure your passwords, accounts, and listed websites are, and whether any of your credentials have already been compromised. You can then take immediate action to improve your online security
- Avira password manager is available as a web dashboard
- Easy, convenient, time-saving: Avira password manager auto-fills your logins across all your favorite websites and apps
Avira’s software provides syncing between devices by default.
Free – this is a forever free plan. That offers unlimited password storage, unlimited cloud syncing, backup, and auto-login for accounts.
Pro – core features like security monitoring and the password strength evaluator are all parts of the Pro version which costs $2.99/month or $2.66/month (paid annually). Offering unlimited password storage, unlimited cloud syncing and backup. Along with auto-login for accounts, password analyzer, security breach alert, and website monitoring.
It’s worth mentioning that although the subscription plan can easily be canceled before the end of the payment period, Avira also offers a 14-day money-back guarantee that entitles you to a refund, no questions asked.
- Supported Platforms: iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows
- Browser Extensions: Safari and Chrome
mSecure helps you protect valuable information. which includes your passwords and debit or credit card details for your everyday online use. This password manager combines pixel and byte to give you access to your data across all devices or platforms. With the all-new Advanced Encryption Standard encryption.
Regardless of whether you are an expert or a beginner, mSecure has a great design that is intuitive and easy to navigate. Moreover, it is the best password manager for Mac.
It can provide you an excellent support system in case you encounter problems or have questions. It has auto-fill functionality and a great password generator system.
- A Secure Digital Wallet App protecting all types of private information
- Utilizes Unbreakable 256bit Blowfish encryption
- Auto-sync via Dropbox or manually sync via Wi-Fi. To keep all your data synchronized and safe on all your devices
- Sync all of your devices via iCloud, Dropbox, Wifi or the new mSecure Cloud
- Security Center helps you identify and fix old, weak or duplicate passwords
- Availability of custom icons, photo attachments, record level fields, recover deleted items, batch editing of records and more.
- Encrypts your data using industry-standard AES 256-bit encryption
- The password generator creates and stores random, complex, unique passwords
- Auto-lock and Auto-backup features keep data safe
- Touch ID and Face ID support allows quick, secure access
- Over 20 built-in templates for quick and easy data entry with the ability to create custom templates
- Integrated search, collapsible headers, plus intelligent sorting, filtering and grouping makes organizing and finding your information quick and easy
mSecure includes both Free and Pro features.
- Free – features include unlimited records, 20+ built-in templates. With group and filter records, and strong password generator.
- Pro – Free to try for 30-days. After that, a single one-time purchase of US$29.99 entitles you to use the Pro features. You can use the features on all of your devices on multiple platforms. It includes all features of the free plan along with backup & restores. It also includes sync across all devices, customizable templates and many more.
- Supported Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS
- Browser Extensions: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, and Linux
This new offering, from the team behind NordVPN, is a simple service for securely accessing your passwords from your devices. NordPass is a simple and straightforward freemium password manager.
Whatever platform you’re using, NordPass gives you all the core functions you’d expect. It can generate strong passwords. And save them as they’re entered and automatically fill login forms as required. NordPass stand among the best password manager for iPhone.
- You can store and organize your logins, private notes, and credit cards in a secure password vault
- Share passwords securely. No more password sharing over email, messenger apps, or pieces of paper.
- Generate secure passwords
- Get top-level security for your sensitive data
- Access your passwords anytime, anywhere
- Protected by zero-knowledge, secure and robust architecture
NordPass Free is available on one device only.
Premium gets rid of the free version’s limitations. Letting you access passwords on up to six devices and share items for $4.99 per month. One-year and two-year plans are more competitive, coming in at $35.88 and $59.76, respectively.
Even though you may be tempted by the savings of the lengthier subscriptions. We recommend that you start with the monthly plan to make sure that NordPass works for you. Or at least sign up for the free 7-day trial.
You can get NordPass and NordVPN on a three-year deal for $125.64 (effectively $3.49 per month).
- Supported Platforms: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Cloud, SaaS, and Web
- Browser Extensions: Chrome and Firefox
Passwork is a decent password manager that would probably suit a lot of people very well. If you’re looking for the best password manager for business, Passwork is the right choice.
Passwork is a business-focused password manager. That allows you to choose between storing your passwords in the cloud and keeping them local.
Passwork is a competent, albeit expensive, business password manager. It’s still worthy of a shoutout on our best password managers for businesses list. With a five-day free trial at the ready, there’s no reason not to give it a shot.
- Secure password management with zero-knowledge
- Strong AES 256 encryption to store and transmit passwords securely
- Cloud portal for easy access to passwords from anywhere
- Apps for all platforms
- Chrome and Firefox extensions
- Auto form fill feature (using the browser extensions)
- Label and search feature for finding passwords effectively
- Import and export passwords easily
- One-click login for websites and services
- Invite teammates to password vaults and folders
- Setup custom permissions for vaults and folders
- Track password changes and reverts to old passwords if necessary
- Discover and update weak passwords
- Self-host your own password server to avoid using Passwork’s servers
Passwork handles subscriptions a little differently than other password managers. The following are the plans Passwork offers.
- Cloud – a 1-year plan that costs $1.50/month/user. Annually billed at $18.00/ year.
- Small Team – access for up to five users and comes with a one-time purchase offer at $190.00.
- Start – access for up to 20 users and comes with a one-time purchase offers at $490.00.
- Standard – access for up to 20 users. It also comes with a one-time purchase offer at $990.00.
- Premium – gives access for up to 100 users and comes with a one-time purchase offer at $1,990.00.
If you just want to try Passwork, you can take advantage of a five-day free trial, and no credit card is required.
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Web, and Android
- Browser Extensions: Chrome and Firefox
Passbolt is an open-source password manager designed for enterprise and team use. It can be self-hosted on your server, self-managed on rented server space. Or can also be fully hosted by Luxemburg developer Passbolt SA.
Passbolt is a strange case in that it’s only around for businesses, both small and large, to take advantage of. Passbolt’s basic features are in place to make managing a group of users as easy as possible.
The Passbolt password manager is definitely for those who have experience with computers and software. This is a piece of software for startups and big enterprises to share information.
- Users and groups management
- Dark theme option
- LDAP synchronized user directory
- Secure password storage and sharing. All passwords are stored on user-specific servers. Which are protected via OpenPGP encryption at all times
- Passwords can be shared across all team members instantly. Providing secure access to corporate assets
- No limit to the number of users you can add, and no limit to the number of stored passwords
- Passbolt can be added as an extension to Chrome and Firefox, letting users add log-ins from specific web pages with a single click
- Additional user features include email notifications when passwords are added or changed, group management to divide teams effectively, tags and comments to annotate passwords, and the ability to export passwords in KDBX and CSV formats
Following is the general breakdown of plans Passbolt offers:
- Community – free of cost. It allows unlimited users, password and user group management. With granular passwords sharing, import and export, and more.
- Business – available at $2.2/user/month or $2/user/month if paid annually. It allows up to 250 users. Provides all Community features plus multi-factor authentication, activity log, VM appliance, and more.
- Enterprise – from 250 users. A bespoke package, which can be tailored to the needs of specific organizations. Enterprise can go way beyond the security and support available with Business. Includes all Business plan features plus disaster recovery, on-premise management, and more.
As a bonus, customers have 15 days to try any paid package. If they aren’t satisfied, they can claim a refund after this point. That’s separate from the free Community version, which is an excellent starting point.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Browser Extensions: Chrome and Firefox
It is a free cross-platform password manager compatible with KeePass. KeeWeb is a tool in the Password Management category of a tech stack.
It’s the time to stop using your DOB or name initials as your passwords. You can opt for a free KeeWeb password manager usable on your all devices. You will be able to secure both online and offline accounts. Besides, you will have one master password to remember.
KeeWeb provides a web interface to the personal KeePass database.
- Advanced search options- one search for all files- search works for all files, everything is done from one search box
- Easy tags input: add tags to arrange entries. You can quickly select them in the list or add new ones.
- One of the main features of KeeWeb is the support for a wide variety of remote locations and cloud services
- KeeWeb has a built-in password generator that lets you generate a custom password of a specific length including a specific type of characters
- You can extend KeeWeb functionality with plugins. Some of these plugins are translations for other languages, while others add new functionality
- You can back up to a specific path, and set it to backup periodically, or just whenever the file is changed
- The application offers an online Web version. It doesn’t require any installation and works in all modern browsers
- You can open your Keeweb database from Dropbox, and sync changes across devices automatically
- The Desktop application can update itself automatically. There are several options: update and install, show a notification or disable update at all
- Multiple themes are available. You can switch between dark and light theme, whichever you like more
KeeWeb is an open-source password manager and is free to use.
If you were to ask us to pick our favorite among these online password managers, it’d be impossible to do. The reason behind that is the fact that each password manager has a certain edge over its counterparts.
When deciding which password manager you should go for, you’ll have to consider your needs and the features that are a must-have for you.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- The Best SaaS Apps, Companies and Products of 2019
- 10 Best SEO Tools and SEO Apps of 2019
- The 10 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- The Top 10 Best Web Hosting Services for Websites to Use in 2020
- The 10 Best Sleep Apps of 2020 for Longer, Healthier Sleep
- The 10 Best HR Management Software to Use in 2020
- The 19 Best (and Worst) Ad-Blockers of 2020 (Free & Paid)
- 20 Best Free Online Notepads for 2020 (No Login Required)
- 10 Best Mind Mapping Software of 2020
- The Best Productivity Apps to Get Sh*t Done in 2020
- 12 Best Google Chrome Extensions and Apps of 2020
- Top 10 Best Free Cloud Storage Services of 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2020
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020