We hate ads just like you. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you only pick the best ad-blockers, so you can see what actually matters. We understand you’re even busier on your phone.
Hence we have covered the list of the best mobile ad blockers as well – no way those pesky ads should disturb you.
In a digital world where competition keeps on increasing rapidly, businesses aim to use the Internet as an effective tool for marketing and advertising.
However, from the user’s perspective, online ads that keep unfurling on web pages and mobile apps can be very intrusive and frustrating.
Even though the key goals of advertising is to educate, raise awareness, and re-call their message, most ads sway from this direction. The purpose, instead, becomes getting a user’s attention by hook or by crook. Hence why online ads are becoming more and more noisy, deceptive, and repetitive.
If you’re tired of online ads that keep interrupting you, all you need is an ad blocker. Not only that ad-blockers keep annoying ads at bay, but they can also protect you from intrusive popups, malware, spyware, and phishing.
Some ad-blockers also help speed up web page loading and keep trackers away from collecting your online data.
Best Ad-Blockers for Web 🌍
You can protect your browser from adware by installing browser extensions and VPNs with built-in ad blockers. Take a look at the best ad blockers for web, with both free and paid options:
Browsers Supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge
AdBlock has deservedly earned its reputation as of the best ad-blockers for Chrome ever. It blocks 1,500 ads for an average user every week. AdBlock is reliable and simply one of the best ad-blocker extensions for Google Chrome. No wonder why it is trusted by over 10 million Chrome users. The numbers speak for themselves.
Installing AdBlock to your browser simply means it’s time to bid adieu to annoying ads. Not only AdBlock wards off banner ads, but it also hinders ads that appear on social networks. Whether it’s promotional videos or intrusive pop-ups, AdBlock simply blocks all kinds of voracious ads.
- Block virtually all kinds of ads including pop-ups and video ads
- Protect your privacy and keep third-party trackers away
- Get rid ads with malware, scams, and cryptocurrency miners
- Available in more than 30 languages
- Boost page load times
- Whitelist your favorite websites and publishers
- Available in night mode, and various other themes
AdBlock is free forever. This product is open-source and relies on donations (minimum $0.99 per month) to keep the service going.
Browsers Supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 10
CyberSec is created by NordVPN, an online VPN service that has made a huge name in the world of online privacy and cybersecurity. So you can be sure of getting the best ad-blockers out there that excel in protecting your cybersecurity.
CyberSec has an enormous database that contains blacklisted websites. So whenever you’re about to visit them, it will prevent you to access them to make sure you surf safely.
- Blocks unwanted pop-ups, video ads, and various forms of ads
- Protection from phishing and other cyber threats, such as DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks)
- Specialized protection from DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks as well as the removal of DDoS botnets from already infected devices
- Prevents access to websites that are known for hosting malware, spyware, trackers, or other harmful software
- Available in NordVPN apps for Windows, iOS, macOS (OpenVPN only), and Linux
- Boosts website speed and saves you precious mobile data
CyberSec is only available for NordVPN users. In order to get access to CyberSec, you might want to purchase any of these packages to get NordVPN’s full-access subscription:
- 1-month plan: $11.95 per month
- 1-year plan: $6.99 per month, save 41%
- 2-year plan: $4.99 per month, save 58%
- 3-year plan: $3.49 per month, save 70%
Browsers Supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari
This entry is also a creation of one of the leading VPN brands, Surfshark. While providing ad-blocking services, Surfshark provides an additional layer of protection from phishing and spam through CleanWeb.
Being one of the best free ad blockers for Chrome, CleanWeb literally cleans your browser from ads, malware and an awful lot of unwanted stuff.
- Blocks ads, pop-ups, banners, video ads, etc.
- Blocks phishing links to protect you from falling prey to scammers
- Protection from malware and phishing attempts
- Prevents access to malware-infected websites
- Available on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS apps
- 1 month: $11.95 per month
- 24 months: $1.99 per month, save 83%, this plan includes the biggest savings and is fully refundable for 30 days
- 12 months: $5.99 per month, save 50%
Browsers Supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera
R.O.B.E.R.T. is one of the best ad-blockers that gives you good riddance from online ads and also lets you categorize exactly what kind of content you wish to block in a single click.
It comes with both built-in and custom categories, such as malware, trackers, social, gambling, porn, etc. so it’s totally up to you to decide what to allow and disallow.
- Blocks ads, spam, and trackers
- Blocks DDoS botnets, malware-infected, and phishing sites
- Create block lists of websites and IP addresses. Whitelist certain domains that you want to access
- Contains an IP blocking tool that prevents access to malicious websites
- Any server-side changes are instant without having to wait or reconnect
- Monthly Plan: $9.00 per month
- Yearly Plan: $4.08 per month
Supported Browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox
CyberGhost is essentially a VPN product that has highly-advanced ad-blocking capabilities.
CyberGhost’s ad-blocking arsenal contains full-fledge blocking from ads, protection from trackers, along with data compression for mobile traffic, and a forced end to end encryption. With so much to offer, you can count on CyberGhost as one of the best ad blockers.
- Block ads from web pages and apps
- Removes malicious content, suspicious websites that track your browsing behavior
- Compresses images and web content to save your mobile’s data usage costs
- Forces the use of SSL certification for websites, if available
- 1 Month: $12.99 per month
- 1 Year: $5.99 per month
- 3 Years: $2.75 per month + 2 Months Free
Supported Browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
AdLock is a feature-rich ad blocker that does a great job in removing ads and also in educating their users through their blog on how to efficiently get rid of ads that somehow remain.
Based in Slovakia, AdLock sets itself apart as one of the best YouTube ad blockers. Moreover, AdLock also compresses your images to save your mobile’s cellular data.
- Blocks all pop-ups, banners, text ads, and video ads
- Protects your personal data from phishing
- Evaluates URLs of suspicious websites and prevents access if malware is found
- Removes ads from programs as well, including Skype, KMPlayer, uTorrent, etc.
- Mobile Protection: At $0.83 per month, supports 2 Android devices for 1 year
- Desktop protection: At $1.67 per month, supports 2 Windows devices for 1 year
- Multi-Device Protection: At $1.63 per month supports both Windows and Android for 1 year
Supported Browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox
Ghostery goes one step ahead of archetypal ad blockers. They not only block annoying ads but also tell who’s tracking you and how you can block them. For this reason, Ghostery becomes a must-have for people who wish to keep themselves or their children safe from online intrusion.
Ghostery is among the best ad-blockers for Safari, Chrome lots of famous browsers. Ghostery has more than seven million monthly active users. You could be one of them too.
- Optimizes web page performance as you browse
- Protects your privacy with superior quality anti-tracking
- Available on Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS
- Blocks trackers to declutter webpages and speed up page loads.
Ghostery for Web is free to use.
Browsers Supported: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera
Being one of the best ad blockers for Chrome, Privacy Badger is free and open-source. It is a project of Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) which advocates best practices in internet privacy between consumers and content publishers.
Privacy Badger specifically blocks ads and prevents cookie tracking from sources that do not respect the Do Not Track setting in a user’s web browser.
- Protects from ads and malicious content
- Sends the Do Not Track signal to websites and blocks them if trackers ignore the request
- Removes outgoing link click tracking on social media
Privacy Badger is free to use.
Best Ad-Blockers for Android 🤖
Now it’s time to discuss the best ad-blockers for Android, this list will make your selection a breeze:
AdGuard is super interactive. This product sets itself apart thanks to its cool and sleek interface. It’s a multi-purpose tool that focuses on improving web experience.
- Whitelist your favorite publishers by adding to the list of exceptions.
- No need to turn AdGuard off when you visit a reliable website that doesn’t have any invasive ads
- Blocks spyware, trackers, “malvertisers” and phishers
- Blocks most of the known crypto-jackers through NoCoin feature
- Ability to filters fake news
AdGuard is free to use.
10. Adblock Browser
AdBlock is one of the best ad blocker apps that excel in blocking ads within a web browser, it’s compatible with popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, etc. It’s a reasonably lightweight app that does not put any burden on your battery life.
Be careful not to confuse this with Adblock for web, albeit the same name, this an entirely different brand, created by another company.
- Blocks all ads including pop-ups, video ads, interstitial ads and floating ads
2. Speeds up webpage loading and saves bandwidth
3. Save battery life by only loading the content you care about
4. Blocks spyware, adware and malware, by disabling access to infected domains
5. Protects your privacy from being tracked
- Free: AdBlock’s basic version is free to use.
- Premium: At just $1 (lifetime), unlimited use time, website startup speed increased by 35%
This browser is one of the best ad-blocker apps when it comes to web surfing from your Android phone.
AdBlocker Ultimate Browser has a major emphasis on securing user’s privacy. So if you wish to access Facebook, YouTube, or any of your favorite apps, simply browse them through AdBlocker and it will fend off all the ads for you.
- Comes with a built-in ad blocker
- Blocks regular ads, pop-up and pop-under ads
- Blocks online trackers, malware
- No predefined acceptable ads
AdBlock Ultimate Browser is available for free.
12. Ad Blocker Turbo
No matter how big the website is, this browser will unstoppably block ads in your Android device.
Ad Blocker Turbo is one of the best free ad blockers that contains all the basic features that an ad-blocking browser must contain. As their name suggests, their focus is on speed.
- Blocks annoying ads of all kinds, be it banner, popups, video ads, and interstitial ads while improving website speed
- Save up to 80% data on the biggest websites which are loaded with many ads and popups
- Contributes to preventing malware and adware
13. CM Browser
CM Browser excels in blocking ads, but it’s their high-quality malware protection service that sets them apart from other ad-blocking web browsers. It is the best free ad blocker that has been rated number 1 rated by AV-TEST for containing the best antivirus engine in mobile web browsers.
- Blocks all kinds of ads including pop-ups, videos, etc.
- Boosts page loading speed while reducing internet data usage
- Inform users in real-time if a website contains malware-infected pages
- Scans .apk file downloads for malware
- Clears cache, cookies and browsing history when you exit the browser
CM Browser is 100% free to use.
Best Ad-Blockers for iOS and iPad 🍎
Whether you’re looking for the best ad-blockers for iPad or iPhone devices, this list will help you decide based on what suits you the best:
14. Ad-Blocker Pro
Ad-Blocker Pro goes one step ahead – it doesn’t just block ads but also lets you disable comments on social media. Just focus on reading your favorite stuff on the internet without worrying about anything invasive. Plus, this browser kills ads that cause web pages to slow down and gobble up your internet data while draining the battery.
- Blocks the entry of such unwanted ads and programs
- Safe surfing and enhanced privacy
- Save mobile data and improve battery life
- Disable comment boxes and even social plugins on a website
Ad-Blocker Pro is free to use.
Brave Privacy Browser is one of the best ad-blockers for iOS that use an advanced, built-in ad blocker. With HTTPS forcing and script blocking features, you can be sure that your data is in safe hands.
- Block all kinds of ads including pop-ups, videos, etc.
- Forces SSL encryption to protect your browsing activity from a security breach
- Browse up to 8x faster
- Block battery-consuming software and background apps
Even though it primarily functions as a web browser, DuckDuckGo is truly among the best ad blockers for Mac that cares a lot about consumer privacy.
A few years ago when Google made headlines for excessively tracking users for advertisement purposes, DuckDuckGo audaciously called them out and created a search engine of their own. Later on, they created a privacy browser too.
DuckDuckGo strongly advocates anti-tracking and consumer privacy. They truly practice what they preach.
- An anti-tracking feature that automatically keeps ads at bay
- Protect your data as you search and browse the web
- Gives you a privacy status of the website – how many trackers it has and how efficiently does it handle your privacy
- Forces SSL encryption to protect your browsing activity from a security breach
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser is totally free to use.
This is one of the best ad-blockers for iPhone that come with “Tor” technology – which simply means that it uses VPN technology to mask your identity and protect your privacy.
OrNET comes with both free and paid versions. Note that the free version does not block ads. With the paid Pro version, you can enjoy an ad-free browsing experience with unlimited session time and high bandwidth tunneling.
- Blocks all kinds of ads (pro only)
- Complete anonymous web browsing
- Improved website loading speed
- Protection from tracking
- Free: Basic Version comes for free, with online ads
- Tor Browser PRO: At $0.99
- Annual TORVPN: At $39.99, with Free Trial
- Monthly TORVPN: At $9.99, with Free Trial
- Weekly TORVPN: at $3.99, with Free Trial
18. Firefox Focus
You must have used Firefox, but it’s time to Focus on the good stuff. Since this is a Mozilla product, you can be sure about its reliability and stability.
It contains virtually everything that you need in an ad-blocking browser. Its multi-language support makes it an attractive option for those wishing to use a browser in another language. Who knew that the best ad-blockers for Firefox, was actually made by the owners of Firefox? It’s truly a wonderful product, the one you should definitely give a go.
- Blocks all kinds of ads and trackers without any settings to set
- Available in 70 different languages
- Removes trackers and ads
- Browse faster with less data consumption
Firefox Focus is open-source and absolutely free.
Operated by Symantec, the makers of the famous Norton Anti-Virus. This is one of the best ad-blocker apps for those who seek to get rid of ads with the most basic features. Its interface is so simple, it’s really easy to get used to it. Just one tap, and all annoying ads fad away.
- Block ads and online trackers while browsing
- Improves content speed by driving out bandwidth-hogging ads
- Increase your mobile’s battery life
- Browsing history is never shared with Norton
- Support your favorite content providers by applying exceptions
Firefox Focus is open-source and absolutely free.
The Worst Ad Blockers of 2020
While there are so many great options available, there are certain shady ad blockers that you need to steer clear from. Beware of fake ad blockers that will secretly collect data about your browsing habits and trick you by using a name that sounds like a trustworthy ad-blocker.
Here’s the list of names that fake ad blockers have used in the past:
- Adblock Pro
- HD for YouTube
- uBlock Plus
- AdRemover for Google Chrome
- Superblock Adblocker
- HD for YouTube
There are numerous free ad blockers available out there and all it takes is simply install and download them. But if you want to go for something extra for an extra layer of privacy, you might want to consider ad blockers that come bundled with additional services, such as VPNs.
It’s totally up to you whether you go for the best free ad blockers or the premium ones.
Once you get an ad blocker, you can set yourself free from online ads while visiting websites and run your phone’s apps with peace of mind!
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- The 10 Best Lead Generation Software to Use in 2020
- The Best Small Business Accounting Software to Use in 2020
- The 10 Best Sleep Apps of 2020 for Longer, Healthier Sleep
- The 10 Best CRM Software for Better Customer Management in 2020
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2020
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- Top 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- The 10 Best Mind Mapping Software of 2020
- 10 Best HR Management Software to Use in 2020
- Best Online Collaboration Tools for Remote Teams of 2020
- The 14 Best Resource Management & Planning Software of 2020
- 10 Best Business Management Software & Tools of 2020 for Efficient Work
- The 14 Best To-do List Apps of 2020: Manage Your Tasks Effectively