While SEO can seem daunting, we present to you some of the best SEO tools available today that can make your next SEO strategy fierce in just a matter of minutes.
Moreover, to learn more and continuously polish up your skills we recommend to you the 10 best SEO experts that you need to follow to stay up to date and get the best advice.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a dire need for businesses today if you wish to be discoverable on the web. With thousands of businesses and websites now competing in the same space online, it is easy for your business – now more than ever – to get lost and disappear unless you make use of some SEO tactics.
Table of Contents
The Best SEO Tools and SEO Software in 2020
- Screaming Frog
- Yoast SEO
- Google Trends
- Agency Analytics
- Beam Us Up
- Keywords Everywhere
- Answer the Public
- Netpeak Spider
SEO Tools – Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Best SEO Tools for Small Businesses?
1. SEMrush – Best SEO Monitoring Tool
SEMrush is our choice for the best SEO software in 2020. It is a robust all-in-one search engine optimization, competitor analysis, and marketing suite. It offers users the most detailed and advanced digital and SEO marketing metrics.
SEMrush’s SEO toolkit contains over 20 tools and reporting modules. The toolkit is built to assist you in every step of optimizing your website to obtain search engine traffic.
You’ll have access to the largest keyword database on the market (with 8.3 billion keywords in 118 countries), backlink management tools, rank tracking, on-page SEO analysis, and a technical SEO audit tool.
SEMrush comes with fantastic customer support, a large community of users, and a good knowledge base available to every subscriber. The SEMrush team is continuously enhancing and adding more features to improve its performance.
SEMrush is the most extensive SEO competition intelligence solution you will ever find on the internet. You will find SEMrush very helpful in producing content marketing ideas and refining your brand presence online. There are lots of other SEO tools out there that perform similar tasks, but SEMrush is leading the pack.
- Reports that can be sent directly to clients or for future reference can easily be generated — these reports can be downloaded in PDF format, and branded White Label reports can also be created.
- Complete SEO reports which are perfect for clients, marketing agencies, large organizations, and individual digital marketers can be generated.
- SEMrush seamlessly integrates with google search console and google analytics allowing you to proficiently track your website performance.
- Competition Analysis: SEMrush enables you to quickly find your competitors and conduct a thorough analysis of their SEO strength (and weakness) and use this information to strategically compete with them. We’ll discuss this in detail.
- Effective Link Building: You’ll never find link building easier than when you use SEMRush — because you’ll see all the backlinks that your competitors have, where they got each link, and when they got it.
- Rather than guessing your competitor’s strength, you can access their backlink data and leverage it to knock them off the organic listing.
- Advanced Keyword Research: SEMrush keyword research tool is insanely comprehensive, unlike most other keyword research tools out there.
- Complete Website Audit: SEMrush lets you to effectively perform an SEO audit of your website and easily figure out where improvements are required.
- Strategic organic research: You can use SEMrush to easily generate an in-depth organic research report based on a domain or keyword phrase. This organic research contains all the needed parameters to build a tactical search engine marketing plan.
- The project-based SEO campaign structure is uniquely useful.
- SEMrush lets you look into your competitor’s campaign concerning paid keywords and leverage this useful data to your advantage.
- Free: The free version allows keyword analytics, 10 keyword results per search, and 10 SEO idea units
- Pro: Priced at $83.28/month billed annually to $99.95/month billed monthly and comes with 10,000 results per search, 100,000-page crawls/month and tracking of 500 keywords.
- Guru: Priced at $166.62/month billed annually to $199.95/month billed monthly and comes with 10,000 results per search, 300,000-page crawls/month and tracking of 1500 keywords.
- Business: Priced at $333.28/month billed annually to $399.95/month billed monthly extends the limits and includes 30,000 results per search, million-page crawls/month, and google studio integration.
- Enterprise: For a custom solution for a large organization, SEMrush can be contacted to get a tailor-made pricing plan as per your requirement.
2. Ahrefs – Best SEO Keyword Research Tool
Ahrefs is a professional-grade SEO tool with powerful features across everything from keyword management to competitive analysis. While its interface isn’t geared for beginners, it’s a solid choice for experienced digital marketers.
Ahrefs is trusted by SEOs and marketing professionals worldwide as the ultimate toolset for SEO, powered by industry-leading data. Ahrefs crawls the web, stores tons of data, and makes it easily accessible via a simple user interface.
The data can be used to aid keyword research, link building, content marketing, and SEO strategies. Ultimately, the tool helps to accelerate the growth of organic search traffic to a website.
- Do keyword research for 10 search engines and go beyond search volume with ‘clicks’ data.
- Get total search traffic estimations for the top 10 ranking pages and you can see backlink growth (or decline) over time, with daily granularity.
- See which subfolders attract the most organic traffic for your competitors not only this you can also see click distributions for individual keywords.
- Ahrefs is capable to analyze SERP history and it can uncover content gaps between you and your competitors.
- You can see the ranking history of any website for any keyword (and compare it with competitors).
- Monitor your website’s outbound links and find link prospects with content explorer.
- Get timely email alerts for keyword ranking improvements
- Domain Rating (DR) – This is a scale that shows your website’s total backlink profile strength. This is measured from 1 to 100, so the higher your DR is, the better.
- URL rating – This is similar to the domain rating, but the only difference is that it measures a single URL’s backlink profile strength and its possibility to rank high in the Google SERPs (search engine results pages).
- Organic keywords – It shows several keywords the website ranks for in the top 100 search results – regardless of the location.
- Lite: Priced at $82/month billed annually to $99/month billed monthly includes 500 keyword tracking, 10,000-page crawls, and 25 domains.
- Standard: Priced at $149/month billed annually to $179/month billed monthly includes 1500 keywords tracking from 5 locations, 500,000-page crawls, and top 100 ranking index.
- Advanced: Priced at $332/month billed annually to $399/month billed monthly includes tracking of 5,000 keywords, 1.25 million-page crawls, 200 daily keyword reports, and allows 3 users.
- Agency: Priced at $832/month billed annually to $999/month billed monthly is for 5 users with 10,000 tracked keywords, 2.5 Million-page crawls, 1000 keyword reports per day, and 100 websites.
3. KWFinder – Best SEO Ranking Tool
KWFinder gives beginners and mid-size businesses the tools they need to find better keywords, improve their search ranking, and do more of what works.
It is an all-in-one keyword and SEO tool and analysis platform. Its unique selling proposition is that it helps businesses find keywords that have low SEO difficulty but high search volumes.
To put it differently, KWFinder accurately calculates how difficult it is to rank on a search engine results page (SERP) using a given keyword and finds the lowest-cost keyword that delivers the highest SERP ranking.
It’s got a seamless interface, powerful features, and beautiful design, which makes it a great choice for beginner bloggers. But veteran webmasters can also find value in it.
- KWfinder helps you identify the low-cost, high-traffic keywords that will maximize your search ranking improvements per dollar spent.
- Refine search by location and language: Discover which websites rank for individual keywords.
- KWFinder presents data that shows the monthly search volume for each keyword so you know whether or not the keyword is being searched for, and if so, around how many searches it receives per month.
- Insanely fast and easy to find keywords with lots of filters to help narrow your search.
- You can import the list of keywords from a CSV file and you will immediately get the statistics of all of those keywords.
- Use 45 unique SEO metrics to learn what high-authority websites are doing well, what their strong and weak points are, and how your keyword selection compares to theirs.
- Based on the keywords you use, KWFinder will tell you how much organic traffic potential your site has. You can then benchmark this data against SEO and ranking goals and tweak your approach to iteratively improve the performance of your websites.
- SEO Difficulty quickly shows you the easy to rank keywords (and that value is quite accurate).
- Google page one for each keyword to see in detail if you can rank (a must for any serious keyword research).
- Use autocomplete and questions features for more keyword ideas.
- Basic: Priced at $29.90/month billed annually and $49 if billed monthly comes with 100 keyword/day and 25 competitor keywords per search.
- Premium: Priced at $39.90/month billed annually and $69 billed monthly with 500 Keyword/day and unlimited competitor keywords search.
- Agency: Priced at $79.90/month billed annually and $129/month billed monthly with 1200 Keywords/day and 700 keyword suggestions and unlimited competitor keyword search.
4. Ubersuggest – Neil Patel’s Free SEO Tool
A tool by Neil Patel, Ubersuggest is one of the best SEO tools for small businesses and it is free. No payments, registrations, signups, or installs are required making it extremely simple to use.
Ubersuggest allows you to get insight into the strategies that are working for others in your market so you can adopt them, improve them, and gain an edge.
It is a free SEO tool that specializes in generating new keyword ideas. This tool helps you find new content ideas, learn about your competitors, and get keyword suggestions for your content.
This SEO app acts much like other higher-end paid SEO tools, such as Ahrefs, Moz, and SEMrush. While it’s mostly free, for more in-depth keyword analysis, you might still want to use other paid products. Nonetheless, Ubersuggest is an excellent option for freelancers who don’t quite have the budget to spare for a pricey SEO tool.
Ubersuggest has quickly become one of the best value SEO tools you can get today. It has a decent keyword database, the link data is usable and competitor research with it is quite good.
- “Keyword ideas” is the feature that puts the original Ubersuggest on the map. And it still works great!
- You also get key data in each keyword, including monthly search volume, average CPC, PPC competition, and SEO competition.
- By default, Ubersuggest shows you a list of keyword suggestions.
- Content Ideas: This gives you a list of content on that topic that drives lots of traffic, backlinks, and social media shares.
- SERP Overview: If you click on the “SEO Difficulty” card, you’ll get to see the top 100 ranking pages for that term, along with data on their links, social shares, and estimated traffic.
- You can filter to include/exclude a keyword, only show content with a minimum number of Facebook shares, and more.
- Click the “Keywords” button in the “Est. visits” column to get a list of the keywords that the page ranks for in Google.
- Ubersuggest offers a traffic analyzer overview.
- Health Check: Here’s where you can see a breakdown of how your site’s pages performed in the audit.
- The recommendations are little bonus steps that can slightly help with your SEO.
Site speed: Here’s where you can see how quickly your site’s pages load (based on the 100-page sample that Ubersuggest uses), on both desktop and mobile.
Ubbersuggest is free of cost keyword generator and tool with SEO analyzer and free backlink checker.
5. Moz – Best SEO Audit Tool
Moz brings a robust local technology solution driving more accurate listings management, actionable insights, automation of duplicate deletion, and review management. It will help you to better own and manage your physical location data than ever before.
Deeper integrations, more active location management, and automation of previously manual processes will make your life easier.
Moz Pro sets the standard for SEO tools in more ways than one. It’s got the most complete toolset we reviewed as part of this roundup and its metrics have become an industry-standard even among marketers that use other tools.
- The Keyword Explorer simplifies SEO analysis and helps subscribers determine which queries visitors are using. For any given keyword, you can view difficulty, volume, organic CTR%, priority score, mentions, and more through the Keyword Explorer.
- The Moz SEO crawler checks your site for common problems and explains the impact of each issue. It automatically crawls once per week, so you won’t have to worry about missing any ongoing problems.
- Moz Pro provides powerful tools to help you develop a better backlink profile along with proprietary metrics for detailed analysis.
- You can track your performance over time or compare results with top competitors.
- Advanced online marketing guides and Beta access to new tools.
- Moz is capable of competitive analysis and a comprehensive Q&A database.
- Continual improvement, discounts on Moz seminars, keyword difficulty, and Moz toolbar.
- Moz comes with on-page recommendations and open site explorer.
- Pro training webinars, pro question, and answer forum.
- Weekly crawls and rank tracking as well as the world’s largest SEO community.
- Standard: Priced at $79/month billed annually and $99/month billed monthly with 5 campaigns and 150 keyword queries per month
- Medium: Priced at $143/month billed annually and $179/month billed monthly with 10 campaigns and 5,000 keyword queries per month
- Large: Priced at $199/month billed annually and $249/month billed monthly with 25 campaigns and 15,000 keyword queries per month
- Premium: Priced at $479/month billed annually and $599/month billed monthly with 50 campaigns and 30,000 keyword queries per month
6. SpyFu – Online SEO Tool
As the name suggests, SpyFu is the go-to tool to spy on your competitors making it one of the best SEO software this year. It covers all your search engine marketing needs in one tool by combining SEO and PPC marketing requirements for Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
From SEO keywords, backlink, and competitor analysis, SpyFu also provides multiple options for PPC keyword and competitor research.
SpyFu is one of the best-known names in the SEO game due to a powerful and comprehensive feature set, excellent reporting, and solid support for digital marketing and advertising.
It is a competitive intelligence tool for SEO and PPC. You can type in a domain to see all of the keywords it ranks for (including the content that ranks), the ads it buys on Google, and its strongest competitors. You can also do deep keyword research.
Find the domains that buy it or rank for it– all with history to boot. With deep insights and reporting, SpyFu is a solid tool for people who are starting a campaign and those who are improving what is already in motion.
SpyFu is a search analytics company that offers a popular SEO tool. Using web scraping technology, it scrapes the internet for data that is used to identify the keywords that companies and websites purchase using Google AdWords.
It essentially allows you to ‘spy’ on your competitors by helping you pinpoint the keywords your competitors purchase for online advertising and by singling out the words and phrases that generate the most traffic.
- Robust tool for finding new keywords to use in paid and organic search programs.
- The competitive analysis tool makes it easy to discover your top online competitors.
- Search by domain to uncover its paid keywords, organic search rankings, and ad copy.
- Dig deep into your competitors’ historic PPC account changes and monitor them in real-time.
- Create 3-way comparisons with yourself and competitors to understand core competitive keywords and queries where you’re being outranked.
- A suite of keyword research tools including keyword grouping and backlink analysis. SpyFu is also capable to uncover competitor negative keywords and save your PPC budget.
- Generate leads for your business by filtering by industry, ad spend, location, and PPC budget.
- It can export competitor keyword analysis and review all organic rankings and clicks.
- With SpyFu, you can look up specific competitors, see all the keywords they purchase on google ads, and see how well their ads performed.
- SpyFu allows you to identify content and keywords, including backlinks that help your competitors outrank you, and it also helps you track every website that operates within your niche.
- Get live reporting on your niche competitors and track changes over time. You can also discover competitor backlinks and the publishers that post them.
- SEO research, PPC research, keyword research, backlink research, keyword rank tracking, and competitive analysis.
- Basic: Priced at $33/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with 5000 keywords weekly, 250 sales leads, and 10,000 top lists results.
- Professional: Priced at $58/month billed annually and $78/month billed monthly with 15,000 keywords weekly, 500 sales lead, and custom branding reporting.
- Team: Priced at $199/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly with 40,000 keywords weekly, 2000 sales leads 10,000 API rows returned among other features.
7. WooRank – SEO Rank Tracking Tool
WooRank is an automated website reviewing tool with advanced SEO auditing and monitoring, keyword tracking, competitive analysis, and a powerful site crawl. With WooRank you can easily monitor your SEO health and get actionable advice and insights to optimize your website.
It is more than just an SEO audit tool. WooRank provides white-label PDF reports and a unique Lead Generation tool for digital marketing professionals. WooRank aims to bring in more versatility to our diverse variety of SEO tools.
WooRank’s easy-to-use Web-based software generates instant website reviews that offer a ton of valuable data combined with a list of comprehensive tasks.
- Helping businesses and online marketers achieve higher search engine rankings
- Convert more visitors into customers
- Keep track of their competitors
- Get more return on their digital marketing investments
The tool boasts more than a million users with 700 new accounts added each day. They’re doing something right at WooRank.
- Syncing google analytics, mobile optimization detection, syncing google search console, keyword tool, and backlink quality report.
- Create and download Review PDFs to send to clients and prospects.
- Build your marketing tools, add data to your CRM, enrich internal sites, and personalize your dashboards. The possibilities are infinite.
- Build reports and dashboards to visualize how website data is changing over time and what the future might hold.
- Show and analyze only the data that’s relevant to you or your customers instead of trying to pull together multiple sources. Receive data in JSON.
- Create white-label PDF reports based on actual website data to send to leads at the start of the sales conversation.
- Review prospect URLs to collect website technologies such as e-commerce platforms, content management systems, analytics, and widgets.
- Track website improvements for clients: Regularly pull URL data from WooRank’s website review and keyword tool and store it in your database.
- WooRank also includes a keyword tool that you can use to check how your site ranks for search terms relevant to your niche.
- WooRank also identifies new keywords based on the content that you’ve already published.
- For starters, the tool will send you weekly email reports that alert you to issues associated with your website. You’ll also get info about the metrics that matter to you the most. If your site goes down, WooRank is on it.
- The tool will alert you with an email as soon as the problem is detected. Email alerts can also give you details about keyword rankings if that’s something you’d like to see.
- WooRank includes a Lead Gen tool that can help you get more customers. Use it to capture more email addresses. Then, you can use marketing automation to reach those people while they’re still “warm.”
- You can also use the monthly reports to show your clients how you’re helping them achieve their goals. WooRank allows you to generate reports from your website or with the Lead Gen tool.
- Basic: Priced at $59.9/month billed monthly with tracking of 50 keywords, up to 2000 pages of site crawl, online support, and availability in 6 languages.
- Professional: Priced at $179.9/month billed monthly with basic features and up to 5 website projects SEO handling, 250 keywords tracking and 10,000-page crawls.
- Team: Obtain the best SEO ranking software for your team priced at $249.99/month billed monthly with all basic and professional features and additional keywords and page crawls.
8. SEOquake – Best SEO Browser Plugin
SEOquake is a browser extension that provides you with key SEO metrics for any analyzed webpage. You can conduct on-page SEO audits, examine both internal and external links. SEOquake also allows you to compare two different websites or specific URLs.
SEOquake has other useful tools, including, the SEO Audit tool, the Keyword Density report, Internal/External Link analysis, and even social metrics.
It is an easy-to-install plugin for your browser. It is compatible with several browsers and is constantly updated. So far, SEOquake has been downloaded more than three million times and counting.
It works ideally for social media managers as well as the professionals of SEO. It also serves to check your social stats and provides other vast information to you including the infrastructure of the site, backlinks, detailed analysis of the website, keyword density, and much more.
- Get an instant SEO summary for any webpage you’re browsing with the interactive SEObar that can be adjusted to your needs or switched off completely.
- One-click will open a compact, yet informative lightbox with a brief SEO overview, including Page, Domain, and Backlinks details.
- Get a thorough analysis of SERPs and export the results in CSV format.
- Switch between a great choice of reliable data sources and types, including social media elements, like tweets and Facebook likes.
- Get a detailed and structured report on all keywords found on the page. Visualize data in the keywords cloud and narrow down your search using powerful filters.
- Export your SEOquake data with style! With SEOquake, it’s easy to save data from any of the reports into a .csv file, or better yet — print it out!
- It is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, opera, and safari and even with iPhone and iPad.
- SEOquake shows backlinks.
- One of the great features is the ability to take a glance at the advertising profile on the site that you’re analyzing.
SEOQuake is a browser toolbar free of cost which allows quick SEO audit, comparison of domains and URLs, and export of all data into a file.
9. Screaming Frog – SEO Website Analysis Tool
Screaming Frog is first and foremost a crawler. Once you’ve installed it, you’ll use it to visit pages on your website. Just enter the URL of your website and the tool will start there and crawl every page it finds. If you’ve configured your site properly, it should hit all the pages.
How does it crawl? The same way that Google crawls your site: it follows links. It will find links on your menu, header, footer, and within your content. Then, it will follow those links.
If you’ve got a website with thousands of pages, you might need to increase the amount of memory that the spider uses. Fortunately, Screaming Frog lets you do that very easily.
Alternatively, you can switch to database mode. That way, the tool will store your crawl data on disk instead of in memory. You don’t have to crawl your entire site with Screaming Frog, though. With Screaming Frog, you can specify a subdomain or folder to crawl.
You can also give Screaming Frog a list of URLs to crawl. That’s useful for site migrations. Keep in mind, Screaming Frog will obey your robots.txt file. Finally, you can save your crawls so you can refer back to them later.
Screaming Frog allows you to save files mid-crawl and then resume the crawl later on when you open the file again.
In a nutshell, it’s designed to find problems. Screaming Frog is designed to help with on-site SEO. It’s especially great at uncovering technical problems.
- Regex, XPath, and custom extractions.
- Custom searches can be found under Configuration > Custom > Search. This will comb through the site to find your preferred line of text within the source code of each page.
- Utilizing backlink metrics.
- Another feature that was added to Screaming Frog in the 8.0 update was the ability to create custom configurations.
- Customizing plus testing Robots.txt Files.
- Analyzing internal linking and auditing redirects from a migration.
- In the exported document, the initial URL will be listed in the crawl, as well as its redirect target(s) and their subsequent response codes.
- Finding orphaned sitemap pages.
- Bulk export the errors and source URLs to fix, or send to a developer.
- Discover exact duplicate URLs with an md5 algorithmic check, partially duplicated elements such as page titles, descriptions, or headings and find low content pages.
- Use the “hreflang” tag to find missing confirmation links, inconsistent language confirmation links, non-canonical confirmation links, no index confirmation links, and incorrect language codes.
- Free: The free version of Screaming Frog comes with limited access to features with only 500 crawl limits.
- Premium: Priced at £149/year, comes with unlimited crawls, custom source code search, google analytics, and technical support.
10. Serpstat – Best SEO Tracking Software
Serpstat started in 2013 as a standalone keyword research tool. But, it transformed into an all-in-one SEO platform in 2016 and now offers a variety of tools for search analytics, competitor analysis, and rank tracking.
It doesn’t quite edge out its big-name competitors in the SEO research space. However, it’s incredibly affordable and provides almost all the tools you could want in a friendly interface.
Serpstat’s database has more than 100 million keywords, 180 million ads, and 200 million search suggestions. Earlier this year, they grew their keywords database which now parallels the database of major SEO companies like Moz and SEMrush.
This SEO tool provides data for 10 Google regions: the USA, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Lithuania, South Africa, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Bulgaria. It also provides data from Yandex for Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and Ukraine.
Serpstat is used by more than 30,000 online marketing practitioners worldwide: SEO and PPC professionals, marketing managers, and copywriters.
- Related keywords – This can help you expand your keywords list with semantically connected keywords.
- Search suggestions and questions – This can help you understand what your target audience is looking for and also expand your keywords list.
- Top pages – This highlights which sites are currently ranking for selected keywords so that you can analyze and plan for which keywords you should be optimizing your site for.
- Missing keywords – This highlights competitor pages that rank highly (within the top 10) but miss important keywords.
- Keyword difficulty – As it sounds, this feature gives you an idea of how difficult the given keyword is to rank for. The team at Serpstat developed its algorithm for determining keyword difficulty, and from what I have seen it is the most accurate among SEO tools.
- Keyword research filters – At the top of the results page, you can filter keywords by a range of different targeting filters which you can customize yourself.
- Keyword clustering – With Serpstat, you can group keywords by topic, intent, and implication.
- Text analytics – One more unique and very useful function of Serpstat’s keyword research tool is content analysis. You can analyze the text content of both your site and that of your competitors.
- A cool feature of Serpstat is their domain optimization score.
- Serpstat has robust visibility and tracking features that allow webmasters to have a clear understanding of their sites’ rankings and competitive performance. One of these features is called the rank tracker.
- One of the great features of Serpstat is that you can conduct competitor research at so many different levels.
- With a domain vs. domain comparison functionality, you’re also able to analyze what both you and your competitors are ranking for.
- Free: Register to get free limited access allowing a daily limit of 30 queries and access to Position Tracking and Site Audit features.
- Lite: Priced at $55.20/month billed annually and $69/month billed monthly with 15,000 keywords tracking 1500 keyword clustering, and analysis of 10 Projects.
- Standard: Priced at $119.20/month billed annually and $149/month billed monthly with 60,000 tracked keywords, branded report, and 3 team management access among other features.
- Advanced: Priced at $239.20/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly with 150,000 keywords tracking 5 team management, and technical support on phone.
- Enterprise: Priced at $399.20/month billed annually and $499/month billed monthly with 300,000 tracked keywords, 7 team management, and all the features from other payment plans.
11. Majestic – Best SEO Reporting Tool
Majestic is an SEO platform that is built to provide backlinks and recommendation data with just one click. Just like how Google shows the result of websites, Majestic does the same but with the usage of more powerful algorithms.
It is one of the best open-source SEO tools that offer extensions with Google Chrome, this means you can perform site analysis without the usage of the majestic website; this acts as a huge time saver.
- Includes a huge backlink index which dates back to 2011
- It provides an extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Majestic analysis can help you track the progress of what is working in the market.
- It provides extensive tools that generate, manage, and delete API keys.
- Site Explorer is the main element that offers metrics like trust flow, citation flow, and topical trust flow.
- Features Fresh vs Historic index, in which the fresh index gives you information from 30 days, while the historic index gives the data of everything is the search.
- Backlinks are broken down and the information is displayed in the form of IP Addresses, Class C Subnets, and Indexed URLs.
- Lite ($49.99/month): Site Explorer, Link Context, Related Sites, Campaigns, Trust Flow, Topical Trust Flow, Referring domains, and much more.
- Pro ($99.99/month): Everything in Lite alongside Historic Index, Raw Data Exports, Custom Reports, Compare Sites, Flow Metrics History, Clique Hunter, Backlink History, Share Campaign, and much more.
- API ($399.99/month): Everything in Pro alongside Full API, custom monthly data, and create open apps.
12. Whitespark – SEO Research Tool
Whitespark is a marketing platform that was first founded in 2005. What specifically makes Whitespark one of the best local SEO tools is that it provides services to multi-location enterprises and focuses on citation building, citation audit, and clean-up, and rank tracking tools as well.
On the other hand, Whitespark doesn’t bombard you with ads and gives a clean as well as an organized interface.
It offers a range of SEO tools such as its offline conversion tracker that provides a customizable way to collect data from both offline and online consumers.
- Whitespark offers citation building services, which boosts the company’s credibility online.
- Involves manual audit and cleanup which includes removing duplicates and adding missing citations.
- Offers local search audits by conducting a complete online audit of your business.
- Involves monitoring the consistency of local listing and optimize them on websites.
- Features Link Prospector that provides outreach opportunities and earns links as well.
- Features Reputation Builder that helps gain more positive reviews by seizing the negative ones.
- White spark provides experts who fix approximately 75% of incorrect and duplicate content.
- Features GMB experts who optimize your business profile and connect with customers by responding to reviews.
- Enterprise ($1,000 per annum): 100 Searches/Day, 100 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Agency ($400 per annum): 40 Searches/Day, 20 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Specialist ($300 per annum): 30 Searches/Day, 10 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Small Business ($200 per annum): 20 Searches/Day, 5 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
13. Yoast SEO – Best On-Page SEO Tool
If you are a WordPress user, chances are you already know what Yoast SEO does. It is one of the best SEO tools for WordPress-powered websites. It analyzes published content and assigns an SEO score while recommending ways to improve the stated score.
Yoast aims to be helpful for everyone which is evident by their consistent Blog posts that provide enriched knowledge about content SEO, Technical SEO, Analytics, and e-commerce as well.
Yoast will also help your business get more traffic from google and other search engines attract customers from social media and enhance customer engagement.
- Features keyword optimization which allows you to set focus on multiple keywords.
- Readability check allows analyzing whether you’re using transition words and grades your writing.
- It provides automatic updates so that your website is optimized for Google’s recent algorithms.
- Shows internal link suggestions on the right of the dashboard.
- Content insights show you know how many times you have used a certain word on your post.
- To fix broken URLs, Yoast provides you with a Redirect Manager.
- It provides free SEO for beginners’ course, which is available for everyone.
- Offers online SEO training, that strives to teach vital SEO skills that help you make improvements in your website.
- Plugins ($19/month): All Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, including updates and 24/7 support.
- Plugins & Training Courses ($59/month): All Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, 24/7 support, SEO training courses, Access to exclusive premium content.
- All Training Courses ($49/month): All online SEO training courses, including new releases as well as access to exclusive premium content.
14. BuzzSumo – Best SEO Suggestion Tool
In the era of content marketing, every business must have the ability to interact in such a way with its social media data to increase sales. BuzzSumo has that specific ability i.e. to analyze multiple pieces of content, making it possible for even small businesses to have access to robust data to increase sales.
In the last 4 years since BuzzSumo launched, there has been a gush of tools very similar to BuzzSumo. But BuzzSumo is still the best on-page SEO analysis tools in the market.
It is one such software that brings the best SEO SEM tools to analyze who is trending on social media, pays attention to the reader’s feedback, and uses data to grow business.
- Brand Monitoring can notify you whenever your brand is mentioned.
- Features Research Content that helps users know what is trending.
- Allows Content analysis by pulling out data regarding total engagement and top pieces etc.
- Allows you to advance search, for example, specific phrase, excluding domains, search for topics by domain and find the content of specific author.
- Features Find Influencer where you can find influencers by a filter.
- Features Facebook add-on as well.
- Search can be performed by filtering country, date, language, and word count among others.
- Provides content analysis reports based on articles analyzed, total engagements, and average engagements.
- Pro ($79/month): Unlimited Searches, 5 Alerts, 5000 Mentions, domain reports, and content analysis among others.
- Plus ($139/month): Unlimited Searches, 10 Alerts, 10,000 Mentions, Question Analyzer, and top author search among others.
- Large ($239/month): Unlimited Searches, 30 Alerts, 20,000 Mentions, Question Analyzer, Facebook Analyzer (New feature), and Domain report among others.
- Enterprise ($499/month): Unlimited Searches, 50+ Alerts, 20,000+ Mentions, Question Analyzer, Facebook Analyzer and filter search among others.
15. DeepCrawl – Best SEO Tool for Agencies
The name says it all, DeepCrawl will crawl into your website to the deepest level and provide you easy access to actionable SEO information, which acts as a huge time saver.
If you are looking for an all-in-one SEO tool then DeepCrawl is the one for you as it offers the best on-page SEO analysis tools that are not just designed to solve a single problem but offer a comprehensive all-in-one SEO solution.
DeepCrawl is constantly updating its functions to meet the standards of the latest SEO techniques as well as keeping its users aware of the changes through webinars, knowledge centers, and newsletters.
- DeepCrawl allows Stealth Crawl which means that your competitors won’t know you are spying on them.
- It allows you to optimize your website so that the search process is smooth and seamless.
- Uses data analytics and advanced detection algorithms to determine why you were hit with a penalty.
- It enables you to visualize your website from a different perspective and provides feedback for improvement.
- Includes live comparison feature to show you the difference between before and after migrating a site.
- Automatically schedules crawl to monitor the site’s health.
- It offers a project manager that enables you to assign tasks to your team members.
- DeepCrawl will show metrics of site speed, linking, and Crawl efficiency in the form of graphs.
- Custom (On-demand): For medium-sized businesses to enterprise brands, includes a Custom number of projects and URLs and Bespoke onboarding and dedicated customer success manager among others.
16. Google Trends – Best Google SEO Tool
Google Trends is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers as it provides powerful search data for topics that gain more traffic. It allows you to view data by location and how it changed over time.
Usually, companies use google trends to track down the reputation of their own company, to see how their brand name holds up to the broad keyword.
One of its finest strengths is that you can search for any product and get access to its historical data which is going to help you determine whether it will bring in a lot of profit or not.
- Google Trends allows you to compare your company’s demand with a competitor.
- You can have access to track downward trends.
- You can have an idea about the demands by querying google tends for single question words.
- The simple graphs give a very distinct and clear representation that can be interpreted easily.
- Allows you to search by location and compare different countries demand as well
- Google Trends works amazingly in tracking down seasonal trends.
- Features Years in trends which lists down all trending keywords every year.
- It offers integration with YouTube, google drive, Gmail, and much more.
Google Trends is free to use for everyone.
17. BrightEdge – SEO Management Tool
BrightEdge is one of the best platforms for content marketing as it brings all the SEO tools together in a unified manner. In SaaS technology, BrightEdge offers the best local SEO tools by facilitating marketers to gain more traffic, conversations, and revenue from organic real-time search.
Further, it also aids in tracking down content tracking and speed performance across multiple digital platforms.
- Gives access to real-time data based on location, seasonality, trends, and events.
- It integrates with Google, YouTube, and Amazon to give real-time ranking in all major search engines.
- The Data Cube is one of the most prominent features as it offers competitive analysis, organic ranking positions, and reporting keyboard among others.
- Features Local Data that analyzes search volume worldwide.
- Intent Signal allows you to optimize your existing data and collaborate on topics that lack traffic.
- Keyword Reporting recommends Keywords that drive traffic in the least amount of time
- It allows you to use Story builder, to identify the bounce rate which determines whether the content is engaging for your audience or not.
- With the pre-built mobile dashboard, you can monitor the performance on your mobile as well.
Bright Edge has not provided pricing information publicly. Contact sales to get a quote.
18. WordStream – Free Keyword Analysis Tool
It provides services that boost business productivity by handling, assembling, and segmenting keyword lists. Around 2016, WordStream has reviewed by 4.5 stars in the Search Advertising Category. It is one of the few best SEO SEM tools that are also supported by Google.
WordStream is greatly used as an online marketing platform that offers management of SEO campaigns as well as keyword research; it is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers that offer integration with big industry apps like Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- WordStream filters keyword by industry. E.g. if you search for ‘cars’, and select ‘Finance & Banking’, you will get relevant car financing results, such as ‘new car lease’
- It can geographically filter your keyword search, allows you to choose between 23 countries.
- Features Keyword suggestion Tool, which offers suggestions regarding search volume and competitive data.
- Gives the leverage of exporting SEO keywords to help your website get more traffic through organic search.
- It allows you to download the Keyword list in CSV format that can be readily uploaded into google Ads.
- You can even find negative keywords, the ones that you should avoid using in your AdWords Campaign.
- Each keyword has a competition score that helps you make the most out of your marketing budget.
- It provides keyword phrases that allow you to learn what users type into search engines to address their needs.
WordStream’s pricing is based on a pay-as-you-go model, where users are billed as per their usage.
Pricing starts at $199/month for the software, and $448/month if you’d like to receive consulting along with WordStream’s SEO software.
Seobility is another great SEO software that provides tools like SEO audit, monitoring of backlink as well as ranking. Now, what completes this all-in-one SEO software is a TF-IDF tool that is to be used for content creation.
Seobility has been reviewed as one of the best SEO due to its ability to analyze every aspect. It is going to check your website comprehensively by crawling all pages with errors, problems regarding optimization, or duplicate content.
- Offers on-page SEO audits, where each analysis provides detailed information on how to solve those problems.
- Pages of your site are crawled and problems regarding on-page optimization are collected and displayed for better understanding.
- Seobility provides a wide-ranging report after each crawl and notifies the user if a severe problem occurs.
- Features Backlink Monitoring, where detailed reports are compiled regarding website backlinks, anchor texts, and referring domains among others.
- Competitor analysis and link building recommendation is offered in Backlink Monitoring
- Ranking data of your keywords are updated regularly.
- Features Keyword monitoring that provides advanced keyword tagging by searching locally.
- Basic ($0/month): For Hobby Users, 1 Project, 1.000 Subpages per Website, 10 Keywords, URL check, and Limited Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Premium ($50/month): 1 user, For Professional Users, 3 Projects included, 25.000 Subpages per Website, 300 Keywords included, TF-IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL check and Full Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Agency ($200/month): 1 user(s) / month, For Professional Users with many and/or big Projects, 15 Projects included, 100.000 Subpages per Website, 1.500 Keywords included, TF*IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL check and Full Access to On-page Analyses among others.
20. Agency Analytics
Agency Analytics is considered to be one of the best tools for the enterprise, the impressive part is its Dashboard that displays all metrics visually making it easier for clients to interpret.
You can also white label the dashboard and allows your clients to have their login. This way you can monitor their activities.
It is an ideal tool that offers multiple digital marketing capabilities at a much lower cost. The platform is customizable and easy to use. On the other hand, the integration offered with Google Analytics and Google Ads works efficiently with all the other features like:
- Site audits,
- Rank tracking,
- Backlink analysis,
- Reporting tools, and much more.
- Automated marketing reports are compiled on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis.
- It allows you to personalize reports with comments so that it’s easy for clients to analyze.
- It offers over 20 marketing Integrations like Facebook, Instagram, Hubspot, SEMrush, and much more.
- Features Dashboard in which bar charts, line graphs, pie charts, tables, or statistic widgets are displayed for every metric.
- You can give your clients access to the dashboard but you also control what they see on it, therefore you can customize it based on your requirement.
- It allows you to upload your logo with a given color scheme, to increase brand recognition.
- Offers SEO tools like rank tracking, site auditor, backlink monitoring, Competitor analysis, and automated SEO reports.
- Features Site Audit in which it crawls into your website and discovers issues like 404 errors, duplicate content, and broken image.
- Freelance ($49/month): Unlimited Branded Reports, Unlimited Staff & Clients, White Label Dashboard, Access to 30+ Integrations, Daily Rank Tracking, Scheduled Site Audits, and much more.
- Agency ($149/month): All Freelancer Features alongside Custom Domain & Email, Client Messaging, Tasks, Custom User Permissions, Multiple Ranking Locations & Languages, and much more.
- Enterprise ($399/month): All Agency Features alongside Multiple White Label, Multiple Dashboards, PPC Markup, API Access, White Glove Onboarding, and much more.
21. Beam Us Up
Beam Us Up is one of the best free SEO tools with a clean and simple interface. It offers robust features like site audit, in-depth crawl, organizing reports, filtering out duplicate content, and much more.
The reason why it is recommended is that it is extremely cost-effective and is often used as an alternative to major crawl apps due to its efficiency.
The major benefit you get by using beam us up is that it saves time by directly transferring all crawled data to your Google Drive instead of copy and pasting tons of data.
- It offers an unlimited crawl that sorts out duplicate content and finds errors easily.
- Beamupus has built-in smart filters in the crawler, which can display common SEO errors.
- Features .htaccess Generator which easily generates Htaaccess very without difficulty.
- Instead of exporting crawl data in CSV format first, and then into excel, Beamusup will directly export all data to google drive spreadsheet or excel.
- Beam us up allows you to identify duplicate content; it also helps remove duplicate sites.
- Beam us up uploads helpful blogs that consist of crawler updates and other SEO topics.
- Offers analytics percentage highlighter that highlights different percentage differences when comparing different time period.
- Beam us up automatically organizes violation reports after each crawl.
Beam Us Up has not provided pricing on their website, it is a common practice for software vendors. The final negotiation must be conducted by the seller.
Linkminer is a cost-effective and one of our picks for the best SEO tools for eCommerce.
Most SEO software and apps limit the tools they provide. However, even the basic version of Linkminer has all the features of the Premium plan.
Linkminer is an analysis tool for backlinks that allows you to analyze the backlink profile of your competitors in the market and find link building opportunities at the same time. This saves a lot of time and research for the user.
- You can easily find backlinks, and start the analysis regarding the backlinks of your competitors as well.
- Depending on types of backlinks, Linkminer offers backlinks based on historic indexes, daily from the last 30 days and deleted backlinks as well.
- Features Export which will automatically export all backlinks without the CSV file.
- To analyze domain, Linkminer comes with Citation Flow, Trust Flow, Referring IPs, and domain as well.
- Features Backlink table, displays all backlink data with characteristics like Deleted backlink tag, Image tag, and Language of the referring site.
- One of the main time-saving tools is live website preview which displays the preview of the website.
- Features favorites list which is an excellent way of saving selected links for the future.
- Basic ($29/month): 100 keyword lookup, 200 keyword suggestions, 100 SERP lookup, 200 tracked keywords daily, 2000 backlink rows, 20 site lookup, and much more.
- Premium ($39/month): 500 keyword lookup, 700 keyword suggestions, 500 SERP lookup, 700 tracked keywords daily, 7000 backlink rows, 70 site lookup and much more
- Agency ($79/month): 1200 keyword lookup, 700 keyword suggestions, 1200 SERP lookup, 1500 tracked keywords daily, 15000 backlink rows, 150 site lookup, and much more.
More than 2,000,000 professionals now use Hunter to grow their business. It is one of the best SEO tools for a business that uses the method of email outreach as a way to fill their sales pipeline.
What Hunter does is that it allows you to enter any domain and find all emails or contact information associated with that email. It is the most convenient lead generation tool that every business should use.
- Features a dashboard in which all of your tools are on the top, with a search bar in the middle.
- The domain bar is used to find contact information like name, position, email, and phone number by typing a domain.
- Features Email verification, in which you can verify any email.
- Bulk search capability to save time. Also offers CSV file import and search filters
- Features a built-in CRM system that adds leads manually, exports them, and connects them with other applications.
- It owns a Gmail outreach that you can integrate with your Gmail.
- The campaign function gives the leverage of assigning different campaigns to a variety of purposes.
- Features email templates that speed up the process of outreach and add lead labels – opened, clicked, or replied.
- Free: 50 monthly requests and 100 searches per month.
- Starter ($49/month): 1000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Growth ($99/month): 5,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Pro ($199/month): 20,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Enterprise ($399/month): 50,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
If you are looking for a free research tool then keywords everywhere are one of the best free SEO tools for people who are tired of paying hundreds of dollars for SEO software that works the same as this one.
What Keywords Everywhere does is that it shows you related keywords as well as what people search for. It is a must-have for every digital marketer for generating traffic as it provides high-level analytics and advanced keyword suggestions for your SEO strategy.
- It offers free browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox that pull search engine data from approximately 16 countries.
- It also works for YouTube, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and UberSuggest.
- Shows the average of the total searches that people performed over the last 12 months
- Shows cost per month, which is the amount advertisers pay for a single click.
- It also shows AdWords competition on multiple websites i.e. the number of advertisers that are running ads on Google AdWords.
- It lets you find long-tail phrases precise search volume, CPC, and competition data.
- You also get the data of what people search for through Google and Bing.
- It allows you to access your keyword metrics list and also lets you download the list in Excel, CSV, or PDF file formats.
You can purchase credits for Keywords Everywhere, which are available in bundles. Credit bundles start from $10 per month to $1,000 per month (up to 10 million credits).
Answer the Public is a very crafty insight tool with a clean and organized interface that strives to combine searches from Bing and Google, organizes them in a category, and compiles an overview of what people are searching for from their search engines.
It is one of the best SEO tools that allow you to get to know your target audience, helps you target your keyword search, optimize long-tail phrases, and much more.
- Answer the Public sorts the keywords by usage and then create subheading using other related phrases
- Allows location and language-based search
- You can save search data reports that you can access at any time
- It allows you to hide suggestions from those compiled reports
- You can hide unwanted sections from visualizations as well
- Answer the public gives the leverage of comparing data
- Features Google’s snippets are the excerpts of information pulled from Google that present answers to users without having them click the website
- You can view all your payment receipts and download them as PDF
- Free: limited daily searches
- Pro ($99/month): Unlimited searches, Compare data + see new suggestions, public Language + Location-based results, photo High-res images, and face Priority customer support and much more.
26. Netpeak Spider – SEO Website Audit Tool
If you’re seeking a tool for an in-depth SEO audit of your website or your competitors to analyze its SEO strategy, which also can crawl over million URLs under a few minutes, then Netpeak Spider is the right decision for you.
How does it work? Netpeak Spider crawls websites like search engine bots do (you can choose the bot you like: Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.).
It will follow every link on your website and shows the data of various SEO factors that might be hurting your rankings (broken links and redirects, detects pages with missing metadata, and shows duplicate content, etc.).
If you’ve got a website with thousands of pages or several websites to crawl them simultaneously, you don’t need to increase the amount of memory that the spider uses.
Thanks to opportunity enable or disable crawling of certain parameters (title, description, canonical, links, etc.), you can accelerate crawling, reduce RAM, and CPU consumption. If a website is too big, you will be able to crawl it using only parameters needed the most.
The tool suits both SEO professionals and SEO newbies with its in-depth SEO analysis and enhances the description of all SEO issues that make the tool understandable for those who are starting in this sphere.
- Built-in website scraper: use up to 100 conditions and four types of search (contains, Regexp, XPath, CSS).
- Customizing plus testing Robots.txt Files.
- Creating sitemaps (both regular and image ones) in several clicks using built-in HTML, TXT, and XML sitemap generator.
- Analyzing external and internal linking.
- Detecting issues are presenting in a sidebar and categorized by their severity using color highlighting and nested lists.
- Calculating internal PageRank to improve website linking structure (Netpeak Software was the first on the market to implement a unique internal PageRank calculation in Netpeak Spider);
- Bulk export in PDF (also offers a white-label feature) or straight to Google Drive the errors and source URLs to fix, or send to a developer.
- Comprehensive hreflang analysis allows you to get rid of the issues in attribute and understand how to configure it correctly.
- Finding orphaned sitemap pages.
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Yandex.Metrica.
- The ‘Source code and HTTP headers analysis’ allows to check it and get data on HTTP response and request headers, redirects, and GET parameters in URL.
- Standard: Priced at $15.20/month billed annually and $19/month billed monthly with all basic features, 2 devices access, and standard customer care among other features.
- Pro: Priced at $31.20/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with all basic features including white-label reports, multi-domain crawling, the export of search queries from Google Search Console, integration with Google Drive / Sheets, 2 devices access, and priority-support care.
- Custom: Priced at $199.20/month billed annually and $249/month billed monthly with full functionality (both standard and professional features), access to Netpeak Checker, 5+ devices access, VIP support, and dedicated manager.
Top 10 SEO Experts and Gurus of 2020
1. Rand Fishkin – Moz
Rand Fishkin is the co-founder of one of the best SEO software companies, Moz where he served as CEO till 2018 after which he started another company called SparkToro which focuses on data and discovering target audiences.
Furthermore, Rand is also the author of ‘Lost and Founder – A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World’ and speaks around the world on topics relating to marketing and entrepreneurship.
Rand often contributes to his blog for Moz and Sparktoro and who better than him to follow updates in the world of SEO.
The success of Moz speaks out loud about his passion for SEO and his constant contributions to the field coupled with his outstanding expertise puts him on the list of our SEO gurus!
2. Neil Patel – Neil Patel Blog
When researching anything related to SEO, Neil Patel is one name that you will come across – he is that good. He entered the world of SEO when multiple strong players were already dominating it and he found his way through and scored to the top.
Neil is the author of multiple guide books on the subject including ‘The Advanced Guide to SEO’. He has worked as a professional for industry leaders such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, NBC, and more helping them scale their marketing efforts.
He is the co-founder of Kissmetrics, Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, and Neil Patel Digital.
Neil has also acquired multiple remarkable titles such as the New York Times bestselling author, top web influencer by Wall Street Journal, top 10 marketers by Forbes, and more!
3. Brian Dean
Brian Dean is the founder of one of the most famous blogs – Backlinko. His inspiration came from not finding good enough material online so he decided to create something that people would want to read.
It has grown to be the best SEO resource out there packed with tons of information including best marketing software and tools.
Brian’s SEO solutions are up-to-date, unique, and clear, and guarantee success. His years of SEO experience projects in his blog making it highly relevant for anyone to learn or improve their SEO skills.
If your traffic is struggling or you require knowledge of best SEO practices, you must follow Brian Dean on Backlinko.
4. Matt Cutts
Matt Cutt’s joined Google in 2000 as a software engineer and grew to head their Webspam team for many years. His many contributions to Google also include Google SafeSearch and working on search quality.
After Google, he moved to US Digital Service and is their acting administrator.
Matt is a strong computer engineer and SEO is one of his great skills, having worked as an engineer for one of the top search engines. The Wall Street Journal describes him as “Matt Cutts: who is to search results what Alan Greenspan was to interest rates”.
5. Danny Sullivan – Search Engine Land
Danny Sullivan is working at Google and his main aim and job role is to help the public understand Google search and help Google hear public feedback and improve accordingly.
Though now retired, Danny was an avid writer and journalist. Serving as an advisor now, he is the co-founder of Third Door Media which publishes Search Engine Land, Marketing Land, MarTech Today and produces the SMX: Search Marketing Expo and MarTech events.
Having worked as a search journalist, Danny’s expertise on the topic of SEO is unquestionable. His extensive experience with SEO dates back to 1996 when he wrote “A Webmaster’s Guide To Search Engines”.
Since then, he has acquired and shared a wealth of information relating to search engines making him a complete SEO guru.
6. Barry Schwartz – Search Engine Land
Barry Schwartz is the owner of RustyBrick which offers multiple online marketing solutions utilizing the best marketing tools. He is also a news editor at Search Engine Land and is the founder of Search Engine Roundtable – one of the best blogs for search engine marketing (SEM) providing a holistic view of search engines and their marketing.
Barry has over 15 years of experience with search and his immense wealth of knowledge and contributions to SEM grant him the title of top ten SEO gurus.
He speaks all over the world at SEM conferences and has advised many top players such as Google, Yahoo Search, Bing, and others. In 2018 Barry was granted the “US Search Personality of the Year” award by US Search Awards.
7. Andy Drinkwater – IQ SEO Ltd.
Starting as a copywriter then moving towards UX, now Andy Drinkwater is an SEO expert, owner of iQ SEO – working with multinationals around the globe as a freelance consultant to deliver incredible SEO strategies.
His major focus lies on the technical aspects of SEO and he is one of the best SEO resources in the field with 19 years of experience.
Andy is a constant learner and enjoys the challenges that changes in search engine marketing and algorithms bring. He likes to stay at the top of his game and also impart his knowledge.
Andy writes for multiple magazines and speaks at noticeable events and is involved in webinars and podcasts. He is a top 10 contributor to MOZ.
8. Cyrus Shepard – Zyppy
Founder of the famous digital media company, Zyppy, and having worked at Moz, Cyrus Shepard is a highly experienced SEO strategist, digital marketer, speaker, and writer.
His passion involves building successful websites for customers and helping them be at the top of search results. He has worked for multiple startups and fortune 500 companies.
Cyrus’s blog has the aim to educate people about the greatest and up-to-date SEO best practices, for absolutely no cost. Rather than sales, Cyrus believes in using the power of search to deliver exactly what people are looking for, at the perfect time, and his vast experience makes him a search expert.
9. Vanessa Fox
Currently, Vanessa Fox is the CEO at Keylime Toolbox which offers some of the best SEO tools such as the ability to combine Google Analytics and Webmaster data, analyze ranking trends, and bot crawl behavior to uncover detailed SEO insights.
Vanessa was also one of the creators of Google Webmaster Central, founder of Nine by Blue – a search analytics firm and author of “Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy IS Your Business Strategy”.
If you are looking for tips to make your business survive in the 21st century, you must follow Vanessa. She is a brilliant SEO mentor to understand where online marketing and search engines define the marketing landscape.
She provides easy to understand SEO tutorials and her in-depth understanding of Google, Yahoo and Bing is something we can all learn from.
10. Avinash Kaushik
Avinash Kaushik is a digital marketing evangelist at Google for the past 12 years. He is also the co-founder of Market Motive Inc which offers education and training related to online marketing.
Moreover, he is also the author of two books: Web Analytics an Hour a Day and Web Analytics 2.0. Avinash loves to teach and convey his knowledge of SEO, analytics, and digital marketing.
While Avinash is majorly known as the guru of analytics, we still included him in the list of SEO experts. This is because without analytics you cannot build any SEO strategy.
Avinash is the go-to expert to learn how your data can fuel your SEO strategy and how the effects of your SEO can be quantified.
SEO Tools – Frequently Asked Questions
👉 What Are SEO Tools?
SEO tools help you find relevant keywords, suggest optimizations and content ideas improve rankings, provide visualized summary of your website’s SEO performance, can offer you routine health checks on your website, and more.
Since SEO has a lot of factors and components that make a business’s overall SEO strategy, these tools have a lot of modules to offer, such as:
- Backlink Analysis Tools – These tools find and analyze the quality of the backlinks your/your competitor’s website has. They find out what backlinks you’re getting the most out of, and what spam links you need to disavow so they don’t impact your SEO rankings.
- Traffic Analysis Tools – Traffic analytics gives you more insight into where most of your website traffic is coming from, what pages they most like to visit, how long they want to stay on your website, and more
- SEO Audit Tools – SEO audit tools evaluate your website’s on-page SEO strategy as well as off-page visibility. The SEO audit then presents a score/rating to help you understand what needs to be improved
- SEO Keyword Tools – The keyword finder tools help you find relevant metrics about particular keywords that you’d like to target, their monthly search volume, etc. Keyword tools often also have a “difficulty meter”, showing how difficult it is to rank for a particular keyword on search engines.
- Competitor Analysis Tools – There are various SEO competitor analysis tools, that provide great insight into what keywords your competitors are ranking for, the common keywords that you and your competitors rank for, your competitor’s keywords that generate the most traffic for them, and more.
👉 What Are the Best SEO Tools for Beginners?
If you are just starting in the SEO space, congratulations – you will love learning more about this as you go along.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your website’s SEO, and it is a profession that involves constant learning, experimentation, and growth.
For SEO beginners, I would recommend the following SEO tools:
- SEOquake – Free browser plugin for brief SEO insights and analysis
- Ubersuggest – Free keyword research and suggestion tool
- MozBar – Free Moz plugin to evaluate website Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA)
- SEMrush (Free) – For site audits, backlink analysis, competitor analysis, and more
- BuzzSumo – Content and topic suggestion SEO tool
- Google Trends – Free tool to evaluate search terms and their volume stats over time
👉 What is the Best Free SEO Tool?
My top pick for the best free SEO tool in 2020 would be Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest.
Neil is one of the most widely known and followed SEO and digital marketing gurus, built this tool to offer free-of-cost keyword analysis and suggestions.
Recently, Ubersuggest has also introduced tiered pricing plans for its keyword research platform. However, these plans are mostly targeted at other tools that Ubersuggest has introduced in the past, such as:
- Site audits,
- Competitor analysis,
- Backlink analysis,
- Rank tracking, and more
👉 Which SEO Tool is the Best?
Overall, I found SEMrush to be the best SEO tool in 2020. It is a comprehensive SEO platform that offers various powerful SEO tools for:
- In-depth keyword analysis,
- Content and SEO suggestions,
- In-depth competitor analysis,
- Backlink analysis,
- On-page SEO optimizations,
- Off-page SEO optimizations,
- Website health audits,
- Social media analysis,
- Social media publishing, and more
While it can be expensive for some small businesses, with pricing plans starting at $99 per user/month, SEMrush offers a lot of value for money. I have extensively used it in the past and have driven great results for my SEO projects.
👉 What Does SEO Mean?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of constantly making visual and textual changes and additions to your website/blog to increase its visibility on various search engines.
With SEO, you can receive longer-lasting, unpaid, completely organic traffic, and search impressions back to your website/blog.
While there are various search engines available online, the search engine that provides extensive guidelines on SEO is Google. Most SEOs are heavily invested in optimizing their website projects for Google’s search engine algorithms.
👉 What Are the Two Types of SEO?
Actually, there are three types of SEO – on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. However, most marketers consider technical SEO a branch of on-page SEO practices.
⭐️ On-page SEO
Directly relates to the content on your website – text, images, media, etc. This SEO provides structure to your website content so search engines better understand the topic of the content, and determine whether the content will add value to the searchers.
On-Page SEO in itself is a big dimension. Alexa has a checklist that outlines all the factors that are taken into account for on-page SEO.
Have a look at this checklist to understand just how many little factors and optimizations are needed for websites/blogs to rank better on search engines.
⭐️ Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO, as the name suggests, refers to your relationship and influence outside of your website. It looks into other websites and blogs linking back to your content. This gives search engines a clear indicator that your website has high-authority, relevant content.
Off-page SEO defines the strategies to increase your website’s reputation and authority and is aimed at increasing backlinks from various websites/blogs.
The most common types of off-page SEO practices include guest blogging for other websites, and recommending other webmasters useful resources from your website/blog to link back to.
⭐️ Technical SEO
Often considered a branch of on-page SEO, technical SEO looks into all the elements on your website that are not related to content.
Technical SEO relates to constantly optimizing the backend technologies, coding practices, and various third-party plugins/integrations that are being used on your website/blog.
Since readers are not just looking for highly-relevant content but also immersive, delightful user experiences, they tend to prefer websites that load faster, do not make it hard to find content, and are properly functioning across various devices.
Technical SEO focuses on factors, such as:
- Site speed
- Site architecture
- Structured data
- Website security
👉 How Much Should I Spend on SEO?
It’s generally very difficult to calculate costs for SEO because there are so many factors to consider. The primary factors that determine the cost of your SEO project can be:
- Nature/Industry of the business
- Identified keywords
- Present website infrastructure
- Current on-page stats
- Present off-page stats
- The number of identified keywords you’d like to target
- Keyword competitiveness
To top all this, has your website ever been penalized by Google’s Panda and Penguin anti-spam policies? If so, bringing your website back to the search engines can take quite some time.
Search Engine Journal has an excellent SEO cost calculator that can help you better determine a budget for your SEO project.
Moz polled over 600 SEO companies to better understand what kind of costs are involved in an SEO project. The poll found the following:
- The average SEO expert charges between $80 and $130 per hour.
- The average monthly retainer can be between $750 and $1,500 per month.
However, that’s just the cost of hiring one SEO expert. SEO projects usually require a team of SEOs, a few junior resources for analysis and reporting, and a dedicated seasoned content team that knows how to make content that search engines love.
Furthermore, there is the cost of your SEO toolkit that you’ll need to enable your SEO project team. Considering this, SEO projects can be expensive to initiate but are worth it because of the value that they deliver.
👉 How Long Does SEO Take?
If you have hired the right SEO experts and have the right content team, you can expect a pattern for your organic traffic. SEO works on three recognizable patterns and behaviors in organic traffic:
- Bump – You will see an abnormal increase in daily organic traffic. This is usually following a search engine policy update as your rankings improve over time.
- Slump – You will see a drop in organic traffic following a search engine policy update. This could either be an indicator that you can expect a bump in organic traffic soon, or that your SEO practices are not up-to-date with the search engine’s recommended best practices.
- Plateau – You will see consistent organic traffic following a bump/slump once your search engine rankings have been updated.
We started with All That SaaS not a long time ago. However, we have seen a few bumps, slumps, and plateaus ourselves. In my opinion, an SEO project can take anywhere between 6 to 12 months to start showing that it’s working.
👉 Can I Do My Own SEO?
The short answer is yes, you can. Most digital marketers love initiating their SEO projects and driving organic traffic for their ventures. This serves two purposes:
- Increase in business,
- The SEO projects can add to your portfolio as a successful SEO professional
However, before you get started with your SEO project – ask yourself this: do I really know what I am doing and clearly understand how it is going to deliver me results?
If your answer is no, you probably shouldn’t start your SEO project on your own. You might end up causing more damage to your website stats and authority than before.
👉 Is SEO Difficult?
That depends on how long it has been that you’re working in the SEO space. If you are a seasoned SEO guru, you probably won’t find it difficult, but exciting.
If you are only starting, there are a lot of things that you’ll need to deep-dive to get the complete picture. That can be overwhelming.
Especially if you are looking after the technical SEO yourself. That requires extensive knowledge about coding best practices, and it’s something where most SEOs like taking the help of professional developers.
While SEO can be quite a challenge, these SEO tools help you in making your life easier. They get most of the things done, prepare a nicely summarized report for you, and you just need to follow the plan to start seeing results.
Other SaaSy Goodness on All That SaaS:
- 24 Amazing Journal Apps to Use in 2020: Android and iOS
- 14 Powerful Screen Recording Software for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows & Linux
- 23 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- 16 Awesome URL Shorteners You Should Use in 2020 (Free & Paid)
- 25 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- 25 Best Free Cloud Storage Services of 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2020
- 10 Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- 25 Best VPN Services to Use in 2020 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)
- 19 Email Clients for Maximum Email Productivity in 2020
- 25 Best Google Chrome Extensions and Apps of 2020
- 26 Best Password Managers of 2020 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows