While SEO can seem daunting, we present to you some of the best SEO tools available today that can make your next SEO strategy fierce in just a matter of minutes.
Moreover, to learn more and continuously polish up your skills we recommend to you the 10 best SEO experts that you need to follow to stay up to date and get the best advice.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a dire need for businesses today if you wish to be discoverable on the web. With thousands of businesses and websites now competing in the same space online, it is easy for your business – now more than ever – to get lost and disappear unless you make use of some SEO tactics.
Table of Contents
The Best SEO Tools and SEO Software in 2021
- Screaming Frog
- Yoast SEO
- Google Trends
- Agency Analytics
- Beam Us Up
- Keywords Everywhere
- Answer the Public
- Netpeak Spider
SEO Tools – Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Best SEO Tools for Small Businesses?
1. SEMrush – Best SEO Monitoring Tool
SEMrush is our choice for the best SEO software in 2021. It is one of the best tools that gives its users advanced benchmarks for digital and SEO marketing. Apart from extensive SEOs, it has pretty stellar competitor analysis and marketing suite features.
SEMrush’s SEO toolkit contains over 20 tools and reporting modules. The purpose of the toolkit is to help you in optimizing your website allowing it to get search engine traffic.
SEMrush helps you gain access to the market’s biggest keyword database, which is 8.3 billion keywords in 118 countries. It also has a technical SEO audit tool, rank tracking, backlink management tools, and on-page SEO analysis.
It has a good knowledge base that is available to its large group of subscribers. The SEMrush team is particular about improving their performance and adding enhanced features, to make this happen they provide great customer support to their users.
SEMrush is an extremely advanced SEO competition intelligence solution you will find online. It helps in creating content marketing ideas and fine-tuning your online brand presence.
There may be many SEO tools in the market that perform similar features, but SEMrush is the market leader.
- Reports can be generated with ease and be sent directly to clients. They can be downloaded in PDF format, and create branding for White Label reports.
- Detailed and extensive SEO reports are generated, which are useful for: clients, large organizations, marketing agencies, and for a single digital marketer.
- It integrates with Google Search Console and Google Analytics with ease, letting the user skillfully track their website performance.
- Competition Analysis: By using the detailed analysis of their competitors’ SEO strengths and weaknesses, the user can strategically apply this information to compete with them.
- Effective Link Building: SEMRush allows easy link building because the user can see all the backlinks that their competitors have, along with where and when they got each link.
- Advanced Keyword Research: Unlike most keyword research tools, SEMrush’s tool is extremely thorough and extensive.
- Complete Website Audit: An effective SEO audit can be performed on the user’s website, allowing them to see where improvements are needed.
- Strategic organic research: SEMrush can create an in-depth organic research report, which is based on the keyword phrase or domain. Since this is organic research, it has all the metrics needed to develop a search engine tactical marketing plan.
- Free: The free version allows keyword analytics, 10 keyword results per search, and 10 SEO idea units
- Pro: Priced at $83.28/month for annual payments to $99.95/month billed per month. It has 10,000 results for each search, 100,000-page crawls/month, and tracks 500 keywords.
- Guru: Priced at $166.62/month for annual payments to $199.95/month billed per month. It comes with 10,000 results per search, 300,000-page crawls/month, and tracking of 1500 keywords.
- Business: Priced at $333.28/month for annual payments to $399.95/month billed per month. It extends the limits and includes 30,000 results per search, million-page crawls/month, and google studio integration.
- Enterprise: Provides a customized price plan for a large organization, SEMrush can be contacted to get a tailor-made pricing plan as per your requirement.
2. Ahrefs – Best SEO Keyword Research Tool
As a professional-grade SEO tool, Ahrefs has it all with strong features from keyword management to competitive analysis. Even though the interface isn’t easy for beginners to use, it’s a sound choice for skilled digital marketers.
Ahrefs is known as one of the best SEO toolsets that is a leader in the data industry. SEO and marketing professionals all around the world choose to place their trust in it. It has a simple and easy user interface, which crawls the web, and stores a lot of data.
This data can then be used to help in link building, content marketing, keyword research, and SEO strategies. This tool speeds up and enables the growth of traffic to the website through organic search.
- Keyword research for 10 search engines can be done, by going beyond search volume with data for ‘clicks’. For keyword ranking improvements email notifications can be set up.
- The user can also receive the total search traffic estimations for the top 10 ranking pages. They can also see the decline or backlink growth daily.
- It is possible to see which subfolders get the best organic traffic for the competitors, along with click distributions for individual keywords.
- Ahrefs has the feature to analyze SERP history and find content gaps between the user and their competitors. A competitor comparison can also be made.
- The user can supervise their website’s outbound links and through content exploration, they can find link prospects.
- Domain Rating (DR), is a scale that shows the overview of the website’s total backlink profile strength. The DR scale is measured from 1 to 100, if the DR is high it shows better strength.
- It has a URL rating that measures a single URL’s backlink profile strength. It also checks its possibility to rank high in the Google SERPs.
- Lite: The cost is at $82/month for annual payments or $99/month for monthly payments. The features include the tracking of 500 keywords, 10,000-page crawls, and 25 domains.
- Standard: The cost is at $149/month for annual payments or $179/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking 1500 keywords from five locations, 500,000-page crawls, and the top 100 ranking index.
- Advanced: The cost is at $332/month for annual payments or $399/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking of 5,000 keywords, 1.25 million-page crawls, 200 keyword daily reports, and allows three users.
- Agency: The cost is at $832/month for annual payments or $999/month for monthly payments. The features include tracking of 10,000 keywords, allowed five users, 2.5 Million-page crawls, 1000 keyword daily reports, and 100 websites.
3. KWFinder – Best SEO Ranking Tool
KWFinder is great for beginners and medium-sized businesses. It provides them with tools to find better keywords, get a better search ranking, and much more.
KWFinder is known as an all-in-one keyword, SEO tool, and analysis platform. It has a different selling proposition since it helps businesses find keywords with high search volumes but low SEO struggle.
This SEO tool calculates precisely the difficulty of ranking on a SERP using a given keyword and then finds the lowest-cost keyword, which delivers the highest SERP ranking.
It has a great user interface with powerful features and an aesthetically pleasing design. This makes it a good choice for starting bloggers, however, expert webmasters think it adds value to their work.
- Helps the user identify the low-cost but high-traffic keywords that will increase the search ranking, and make the money spent worthwhile.
- Search can be perfected by location and language. This helps weed out and find how websites rank for individual keywords.
- Has a unique way of representing data, which shows how many times each keyword has been searched for per month. This allows the user to see if the keyword is being searched for or not.
- KWFinder helps decrease the search of keywords with ease through its hyper-speed. Use a CSV file to import the list of keywords, to receive stats on them almost instantly.
- 45 unique SEO metrics can be used to see which high-authority websites are successful, what their strengths and weaknesses, and a keyword selection can be compared and analyzed as well.
- KWFinder uses the keywords used to detect the organic traffic potential that will come to the website. This data can be used as a benchmark against SEO and ranking goals and adjust the approach to improve the performance of the websites.
- By using page one of Google page one, the user receives the ranking for keywords in detail and it is great for important keyword research. Keywords can be ranked and valued using the feature SEO Difficulty.
- For more keyword ideas, the feature autocomplete and questions can be applied.
- Basic: The cost is $29.90/month for annual payments or $49/month. Features given are 100 keywords per day and 25 competitor keywords per search.
- Premium: The cost is $39.90/month for annual payments or $69/month. Features given are 500 keywords per day and unlimited competitor keywords search.
- Agency: The cost is $79.90/month billed annually or $129/month. Features given are 1200 keywords per day, 700 keyword suggestions, and unlimited competitor keyword search.
4. Ubersuggest – Neil Patel’s Free SEO Tool
A tool by Neil Patel, Ubersuggest is one of the best SEO tools for small businesses and it is free. No payments, registrations, signups, or installs are required making it extremely simple to use.
Ubersuggest gives strategic insight, which is working for others in the industry. This allows the user to apply these strategies, improve them, and possibly get ahead of the game.
As a free SEO tool, it also specializes in creating new keyword ideas. This tool can be used to find ideas for new content, get keyword suggestions, and knowledge about your competitors can also be gained.
This SEO app acts much like other higher-end paid SEO tools, such as Ahrefs, Moz, and SEMrush. While it’s mostly free, for more in-depth keyword analysis, you might still want to use other paid products. Ubersuggest is a great option for freelancers who have a small budget for an SEO tool.
It is one of the best value SEO tools with a good keyword database, usable link data, and a decent competitor research feature.
- For each keyword, key data is shown, with the monthly search quantity, average CPC, PPC competition, and SEO competition. It also suggests keywords use by default.
- A list of content ideas can be given which would help drive traffic, backlinks, and social media shares.
- There is a SERP Overview, which is enabled by clicking on the Social Difficulty button. This lets the user see the top 100 ranking pages for a particular keyword, data on the links, social shares, and estimated traffic.
- Keywords can be included/excluded through filters, which will only show content with the least amount of Facebook shares and much more.
- To see the list of keyword page ranks that are in Google, all the user has to do is click on “Keywords” in the “Est. visits” column. A traffic analyzer overview is also offered by Ubersuggest.
- A health check or an audit can be performed to see the details of the site’s performance. It also gives recommendations to help you adjust the SEO strategy.
- The site speed helps the user see how long it takes the webpages to load on both desktop and mobile. The benchmark is set by the 100-page sample that Ubersuggest uses.
Ubbersuggest is free of cost keyword generator and tool with SEO analyzer and free backlink checker.
5. Moz – Best SEO Audit Tool
Moz is a well-renowned SEO tool that provides real data for listings management, actionable insights, automation of duplicate deletion, and review management. It helps the user take ownership of their data and manage their physical location data with integrity.
The MOZ SEO tool integrates well with other tools with active location management. It also provides automation of previously manual processes to make things easier.
Moz Pro set has the standard for SEO tools with far more advanced features. The toolset is complete for its users and its metrics have set the industry-standard for marketers that use other tools.
- For each keyword, the Keyword Explorer lets the user see the: difficulty, volume, organic CTR%, priority score, and mentions.
- The Moz SEO crawler reviews the site for ordinary problems and gives a detailed explanation of bugs they cause. It crawls automatically once a week, so it catches the problems on its own.
- It gives the users advanced online marketing guides and they are also given Beta access to new tools.
- Provides a competitive analysis, weekly crawls, rank tracking, and has the biggest SEO community.
- Gives constant room for development with on-page recommendations and open site explorer. It also gives discounts on Moz seminars, keyword difficulty, and the Moz toolbar.
- Moz Pro gives strong tools that develop a better backlink profile along with the needed measuring tools to conduct a detailed analysis.
- Moz Pro has training webinars, and a question and answer forum.
- Standard: The cost is $79/month billed annually or $99/month. It gives 5 campaigns and 150 keyword queries per month
- Medium: The cost is $143/month billed annually or $179/month. It gives 10 campaigns and 5,000 keyword queries/month.
- Large: The cost is $199/month billed annually and $249/month. It gives 25 campaigns and 15,000 keyword queries/month.
- Premium: The cost is $479/month for annual payments or $599/month. It gives 50 campaigns and 30,000 keyword queries/month.
6. SpyFu – Online SEO Tool
As the name suggests, SpyFu is the go-to tool to spy on your competitors making it one of the best SEO software this year. It covers all your search engine marketing needs in one tool by combining SEO and PPC marketing requirements for Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
From SEO keywords, backlink, and competitor analysis, SpyFu also provides multiple options for PPC keyword and competitor research.
SpyFu is one of the best SEO tools in the industry because of its strong and detailed: feature set, top-notch reporting, and the constant support it gives for digital marketing and advertising.
It is known as a competitive intelligence tool for SEO and PPC, and all the user has to do is type in the domain ranking of all the content and keywords. They can also see Google Ads bought, and prominent competitors. A deep keyword search can also be done.
SpyFu provides deep insights and reporting. This tool is especially useful for those who are starting a campaign and want to constantly improve what they have started.
As a search analytics company, SpyFu uses web scraping technology. It scrapes the data from the internet to detect the keywords purchased by companies and websites when they use Google AdWords.
As the name says it, it “spies” on the competition. The purpose is to find the keywords competitors buy for online advertising and sift out the words and phrases that drive the most traffic.
- A powerful tool for finding new keywords that can be used in paid and organic search programs.
- As a competitive analysis tool, the top competitors can be found and competitive reports can be made accordingly.
- A comparison can be made between the user, the competitors, and the main competitive keywords. This helps the user understand the queries behind why they are being outranked.
- SpyFu has a suite of keyword research tools, which has keyword grouping and backlink analysis. It is also capable to uncover competitor negative keywords and save your PPC budget.
- SpyFu is a one-stop solution for SEO & PPC research, keyword & backlink research, keyword rank tracking, and competitive analysis.
- Leads for the business can be generated by using the filtering option. Filtering can be done by industry, ad spend, location, and PPC budget.
- Live reports can be given about the user’s niche competitors and track any changes over time. Competitor backlinks can also be found, along with the publishers that post them.
- Basic: Priced at $33/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with 5000 keywords weekly, 250 sales leads, and 10,000 top lists results.
- Professional: Priced at $58/month billed annually and $78/month billed monthly with 15,000 keywords weekly, 500 sales lead, and custom branding reporting.
- Team: Priced at $199/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly with 40,000 keywords weekly, 2000 sales leads 10,000 API rows returned among other features.
7. WooRank – SEO Rank Tracking Tool
For an automated website reviewing tool, WooRank has an advanced SEO toolset. The toolset includes:
- Project auditing & monitoring,
- Keyword tracking,
- Competitive analysis, and
- Strong site crawl
It allows the user to monitor their SEO health and receive workable advice, and insights that help optimize the website.
WooRank gives white-label PDF reports and plays the role of a different lead generation tool for digital marketing professionals. It isn’t just an SEO audit tool, its purpose is to increase resourcefulness to all of the different SEO tools.
WooRank’s SEO tool also has an easy-to-use web-based software, which creates website reviews immediately. It also gives large amounts of valuable data that are combined with a list of comprehensive tasks.
It helps businesses and online marketers get better search engine rankings. WooRank uses data analysis can keep track of the user’s competitors, enable them to convert visitors into customers.
These features help businesses strategically to receive a higher return on their digital marketing investments.
WooRank says that they have more than 1,000,000 users, and every day 700 new accounts are made. They’re doing something right at WooRank.
- Syncing google analytics, mobile optimization detection, syncing google search console, keyword tool, and backlink quality report.
- WooRank helps build the user’s marketing tools by adding data to the CRM, enhances internal sites, personalizes dashboards, and so much more.
- The user can analyze and show data that is relevant to the topic or their customers. This is easier than trying to get data from various sources. Data is received in JSON.
- Website improvements for clients can be tracked. URL data can be pulled regularly from the website review and the keyword tool, it can then be stored in the database.
- The data pulled from URLs can also be used to review and analyze e-commerce platforms, content management systems (CMS), analytics, and widgets.
- It has a keyword tool, which can be used to check how the site ranks for search terms that are relevant to its function.
- The user will receive weekly email reports alerting them of any issues regarding their website. They will also receive info about relevant and important metrics.
- If the website crashes, WooRank immediately starts working on it to make it up and running again.
- Basic: Priced at $59.9/month billed monthly with tracking of 50 keywords, up to 2000 pages of site crawl, online support, and availability in 6 languages.
- Professional: Priced at $179.9/month billed monthly with basic features and up to 5 website projects SEO handling, 250 keywords tracking and 10,000-page crawls.
- Team: Obtain the best SEO ranking software for your team priced at $249.99/month billed monthly with all basic and professional features and additional keywords and page crawls.
8. SEOquake – Best SEO Browser Plugin
As a browser extension, SEOquake gives the user key SEO metrics for any analyzed webpage. On-page SEO audits can be conducted, and both internal and external links can be examined. SEOquake can also be used to compare two different websites or particular URLs.
It has useful tools, such as SEO audit tool, keyword density report, internal or external link analysis, and social metrics.
This plugin can easily be installed into several compatible browsers, and it is constantly updated. To date, SEOquake has been downloaded more than 3,000,000 times.
It works well for SEO professionals and social media managers. It checks the user’s social stats and gives other huge information that is: the site setup, backlinks, deep website analysis, keyword density, and a lot more.
- Immediately receive an SEO summary for any browsed webpage with the use of an interactive SEObar, which can be adjusted to specified needs or completely turned off.
- All it takes is one-click and it will open a small, yet useful portal that will display a brief SEO overview, including Page, Domain, and Backlinks details.
- Receive a detailed analysis of SERPs and all the data results can be exported in a CSV format.
- Many different types of reliable data sources can be used, which can be social media elements, such as tweets and Facebook likes.
- An in-depth and structured report can be given on all keywords that are found on the page.
- With SEOquake data can be exported with ease. The user can save the data from any of the reports into a .csv file, or even print it out.
- It is compatible with various browsers, which are: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. It can be used with the iPhone and iPad.
- One of the great features is the ability to take a glance at the advertising profile on the site that you’re analyzing.
SEOQuake is a browser toolbar free of cost which allows quick SEO audit, comparison of domains and URLs, and export of all data into a file.
9. Screaming Frog – SEO Website Analysis Tool
Screaming Frog is a good crawler, after it has been installed it can be used to visit pages on the website. All that needs to be done is, enter the website URL and the tool will immediately start crawling every page it finds. If the site is properly configured, all of the pages will be hit.
It crawls the same way Google crawls on a site: it follows links. It will find links on the user’s website menu, header, footer, and inside the content. After that, it just follows those links.
The amount of memory that the spider uses may have to be increased if the website has more than 1,000 pages. Luckily, Screaming Frog lets the user increase the memory with ease.
Other than that, the user can switch to database mode. This allows the tool to store the crawl data on disk instead of in the memory. The best part is that with Screaming Frog, the entire site does not have to be crawled, a certain subdomain or folder can be specified to crawl.
Screaming Frog can also be given a list of URLs to crawl, which is very resourceful for site migrations. This tool will obey the robots.txt file. Crawls can be saved and referred back to later on.
Files can be saved mid-crawl and then the crawl can be resumed later on when the file is opened again.
Scream Frog has been designed to find technical problems, and help with on-site SEO.
- Custom searches can be found and configured, allowing the user to comb through the site to find their preferred text line that is within each page’s source code.
- Recently, Screaming Frog 8.0 update gave the ability to generate custom configurations.
- Internal linking can be analyzed, along with audit redirects from a migration.
- If the document is exported, the first URL will be listed in the crawl and its redirect target(s) along with their subsequent response codes.
- Screaming Frog can find orphaned sitemap pages.
- Exact duplicate URLs with an md5 algorithmic check can be found. Even partly repeated elements can also be searched, such as page titles, descriptions, or headings, and low-ranking content pages.
- Missing confirmation links can be found using the “hreflang” tag. It can also be used to find: inconsistent language confirmation links, non-canonical and no index confirmation links, and incorrect language codes.
- Free: The cost is free, however, gives limited access to features, and only gives 500 crawl limits.
- Premium: The cost is £149/year. It provides unlimited crawls, custom source code search, Google Analytics, and technical support.
10. Serpstat – Best SEO Tracking Software
Even though Serpstat started in 2013 as a keyword research tool, it came a long way in 2016 when it evolved into an all-in-one SEO platform. It provides its users with different tools, such as search analytics, competitor analysis, and rank tracking.
Serpstat isn’t very well-known in the SEO research market. Nonetheless, it has a great user-friendly interface, provides all the necessary tools, and is easy on the pocket as well.
Serpstat’s database is pretty diverse and elaborate. The database has more than 100 million keywords, 180 million ads, and 200 million search suggestions. Their keywords database grew vastly earlier this year, and now it is neck to neck with the database of big-league SEO companies like Moz and SEMrush.
The Serpstat SEO tool gives data for ten Google regions: North American, Great Britain, Australia, Lithuania, South Africa, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Bulgaria.
- The keyword list can be expanded by connecting related keywords.
- There are search suggestions and questions, which help the user understand what the target audience is looking for and develop the keywords list.
- “Top pages” highlight the sites that are currently ranking for certain keywords so that they can be analyzed and planned to be used to optimize the website.
- The Serpstat team created a particular algorithm that helps to determine keyword difficulty, and it is the most accurate calculation compared to other SEO tools.
- The keyword research filter is a feature that sifts keywords by a range of various customized targeting filters.
- Serpstat allows the user to group or cluster keywords by topic, intent, and implication.
- Serpstat’s keyword research tool is great for content analysis, it allows the user to analyze the text content of the competitor’s website alongside their website.
- Free: Register to get free limited access allowing a daily limit of 30 queries and access to Position Tracking and Site Audit features.
- Lite: Priced at $55.20/month billed annually and $69/month billed monthly with 15,000 keywords tracking 1500 keyword clustering, and analysis of 10 Projects.
- Standard: Priced at $119.20/month billed annually and $149/month billed monthly with 60,000 tracked keywords, branded report, and 3 team management access among other features.
- Advanced: Priced at $239.20/month billed annually and $299/month billed monthly with 150,000 keywords tracking 5 team management, and technical support on phone.
- Enterprise: Priced at $399.20/month billed annually and $499/month billed monthly with 300,000 tracked keywords, 7 team management, and all the features from other payment plans.
11. Majestic – Best SEO Reporting Tool
Majestic is an SEO platform that is built to provide backlinks and recommendation data with just one click. Just like how Google shows the result of websites, Majestic does the same but with the usage of more powerful algorithms.
It is one of the best open-source SEO tools that offer extensions with Google Chrome, this means you can perform site analysis without the usage of the majestic website; this acts as a huge time saver.
- Includes a huge backlink index which dates back to 2011
- It provides an extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Majestic analysis can help you track the progress of what is working in the market.
- It provides extensive tools that generate, manage, and delete API keys.
- Site Explorer is the main element that offers metrics like trust flow, citation flow, and topical trust flow.
- Features Fresh vs Historic index, in which the fresh index gives you information from 30 days, while the historic index gives the data of everything is the search.
- Backlinks are broken down and the information is displayed in the form of IP Addresses, Class C Subnets, and Indexed URLs.
- Lite ($49.99/month): Site Explorer, Link Context, Related Sites, Campaigns, Trust Flow, Topical Trust Flow, Referring domains, and much more.
- Pro ($99.99/month): Everything in Lite alongside Historic Index, Raw Data Exports, Custom Reports, Compare Sites, Flow Metrics History, Clique Hunter, Backlink History, Share Campaign, and much more.
- API ($399.99/month): Everything in Pro alongside Full API, custom monthly data, and create open apps.
12. Whitespark – SEO Research Tool
Whitespark is a marketing platform that was first founded in 2005. What specifically makes Whitespark one of the best local SEO tools is that it provides services to multi-location enterprises and focuses on citation building, citation audit, and clean-up, and rank tracking tools as well.
On the other hand, Whitespark doesn’t bombard you with ads and gives a clean as well as an organized interface.
It offers a range of SEO tools such as its offline conversion tracker that provides a customizable way to collect data from both offline and online consumers.
- Whitespark offers citation building services, which boosts the company’s credibility online.
- Involves manual audit and cleanup which includes removing duplicates and adding missing citations.
- Offers local search audits by conducting a complete online audit of your business.
- Involves monitoring the consistency of local listing and optimize them on websites.
- Features Link Prospector that provides outreach opportunities and earns links as well.
- Features Reputation Builder that helps gain more positive reviews by seizing the negative ones.
- White spark provides experts who fix approximately 75% of incorrect and duplicate content.
- Features GMB experts who optimize your business profile and connect with customers by responding to reviews.
- Enterprise ($1,000 per annum): 100 Searches/Day, 100 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Agency ($400 per annum): 40 Searches/Day, 20 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Specialist ($300 per annum): 30 Searches/Day, 10 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
- Small Business ($200 per annum): 20 Searches/Day, 5 Projects, Unlimited Citations/Search, Compare Tool, Citation Monitoring, and much more.
13. Yoast SEO – Best On-Page SEO Tool
If you are a WordPress user, chances are you already know what Yoast SEO does. It is one of the best SEO tools for WordPress-powered websites. It analyzes published content and assigns an SEO score while recommending ways to improve the stated score.
Yoast aims to be helpful for everyone which is evident by their consistent Blog posts that provide enriched knowledge about content SEO, Technical SEO, Analytics, and e-commerce as well.
Yoast will also help your business get more traffic from google and other search engines attract customers from social media and enhance customer engagement.
- Features keyword optimization which allows you to set focus on multiple keywords.
- Readability check allows analyzing whether you’re using transition words and grades your writing.
- It provides automatic updates so that your website is optimized for Google’s recent algorithms.
- Shows internal link suggestions on the right of the dashboard.
- Content insights show you know how many times you have used a certain word on your post.
- To fix broken URLs, Yoast provides you with a Redirect Manager.
- It provides free SEO for beginners’ course, which is available for everyone.
- Offers online SEO training, that strives to teach vital SEO skills that help you make improvements in your website.
- Plugins ($19/month): All Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, including updates and 24/7 support.
- Plugins & Training Courses ($59/month): All Yoast SEO plugins for WordPress, 24/7 support, SEO training courses, Access to exclusive premium content.
- All Training Courses ($49/month): All online SEO training courses, including new releases as well as access to exclusive premium content.
14. BuzzSumo – Best SEO Suggestion Tool
In the era of content marketing, every business must have the ability to interact in such a way with its social media data to increase sales. BuzzSumo has that specific ability i.e. to analyze multiple pieces of content, making it possible for even small businesses to have access to robust data to increase sales.
In the last 4 years since BuzzSumo launched, there has been a gush of tools very similar to BuzzSumo. But BuzzSumo is still the best on-page SEO analysis tools in the market.
It is one such software that brings the best SEO SEM tools to analyze who is trending on social media, pays attention to the reader’s feedback, and uses data to grow business.
- Brand Monitoring can notify you whenever your brand is mentioned.
- Features Research Content that helps users know what is trending.
- Allows Content analysis by pulling out data regarding total engagement and top pieces etc.
- Allows you to advance search, for example, specific phrase, excluding domains, search for topics by domain and find the content of a specific author.
- Features Find Influencer where you can find influencers by a filter.
- Features Facebook add-on as well.
- Search can be performed by filtering country, date, language, and word count among others.
- Provides content analysis reports based on articles analyzed, total engagements, and average engagements.
- Pro ($79/month): Unlimited Searches, 5 Alerts, 5000 Mentions, domain reports, and content analysis among others.
- Plus ($139/month): Unlimited Searches, 10 Alerts, 10,000 Mentions, Question Analyzer, and top author search among others.
- Large ($239/month): Unlimited Searches, 30 Alerts, 20,000 Mentions, Question Analyzer, Facebook Analyzer (New feature), and Domain report among others.
- Enterprise ($499/month): Unlimited Searches, 50+ Alerts, 20,000+ Mentions, Question Analyzer, Facebook Analyzer and filter search among others.
15. DeepCrawl – Best SEO Tool for Agencies
The name says it all, DeepCrawl will crawl into your website to the deepest level and provide you easy access to actionable SEO information, which acts as a huge time saver.
If you are looking for an all-in-one SEO tool then DeepCrawl is the one for you as it offers the best on-page SEO analysis tools that are not just designed to solve a single problem but offer a comprehensive all-in-one SEO solution.
DeepCrawl is constantly updating its functions to meet the standards of the latest SEO techniques as well as keeping its users aware of the changes through webinars, knowledge centers, and newsletters.
- DeepCrawl allows Stealth Crawl which means that your competitors won’t know you are spying on them.
- It allows you to optimize your website so that the search process is smooth and seamless.
- Uses data analytics and advanced detection algorithms to determine why you were hit with a penalty.
- It enables you to visualize your website from a different perspective and provides feedback for improvement.
- Includes live comparison feature to show you the difference between before and after migrating a site.
- Automatically schedules crawl to monitor the site’s health.
- It offers a project manager that enables you to assign tasks to your team members.
- DeepCrawl will show metrics of site speed, linking, and Crawl efficiency in the form of graphs.
- Custom (On-demand): For medium-sized businesses to enterprise brands, includes a Custom number of projects and URLs and Bespoke onboarding and dedicated customer success manager among others.
16. Google Trends – Best Google SEO Tool
Google Trends is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers as it provides powerful search data for topics that gain more traffic. It allows you to view data by location and how it changed over time.
Usually, companies use google trends to track down the reputation of their own company, to see how their brand name holds up to the broad keyword.
One of its finest strengths is that you can search for any product and get access to its historical data which is going to help you determine whether it will bring in a lot of profit or not.
- Google Trends allows you to compare your company’s demand with a competitor.
- You can have access to track downward trends.
- You can have an idea about the demands by querying google tends for single question words.
- The simple graphs give a very distinct and clear representation that can be interpreted easily.
- Allows you to search by location and compare different countries demand as well
- Google Trends works amazingly in tracking down seasonal trends.
- Features Years in trends which lists down all trending keywords every year.
- It offers integration with YouTube, google drive, Gmail, and much more.
Google Trends is free to use for everyone.
17. BrightEdge – SEO Management Tool
BrightEdge is one of the best platforms for content marketing as it brings all the SEO tools together in a unified manner. In SaaS technology, BrightEdge offers the best local SEO tools by facilitating marketers to gain more traffic, conversations, and revenue from organic real-time search.
Further, it also aids in tracking down content tracking and speed performance across multiple digital platforms.
- Gives access to real-time data based on location, seasonality, trends, and events.
- It integrates with Google, YouTube, and Amazon to give real-time ranking in all major search engines.
- The Data Cube is one of the most prominent features as it offers competitive analysis, organic ranking positions, and a reporting dashboard among others.
- Features Local Data that analyzes search volume worldwide.
- Intent Signal allows you to optimize your existing data and collaborate on topics that lack traffic.
- Keyword Reporting recommends Keywords that drive traffic in the least amount of time
- It allows you to use Story builder, to identify the bounce rate which determines whether the content is engaging for your audience or not.
- With the pre-built mobile dashboard, you can monitor the performance on your mobile as well.
Bright Edge has not provided pricing information publicly. Contact sales to get a quote.
18. WordStream – Free Keyword Analysis Tool
It provides services that boost business productivity by handling, assembling, and segmenting keyword lists. Around 2016, WordStream has reviewed by 4.5 stars in the Search Advertising Category. It is one of the few best SEO SEM tools that are also supported by Google.
WordStream is greatly used as an online marketing platform that offers management of SEO campaigns as well as keyword research; it is one of the best free SEO tools for bloggers that offer integration with big industry apps like Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- WordStream filters keyword by industry. E.g. if you search for ‘cars’, and select ‘Finance & Banking’, you will get relevant car financing results, such as ‘new car lease’
- It can geographically filter your keyword search, allows you to choose between 23 countries.
- Features Keyword suggestion Tool, which offers suggestions regarding search volume and competitive data.
- Gives the leverage of exporting SEO keywords to help your website get more traffic through organic search.
- It allows you to download the Keyword list in CSV format that can be readily uploaded into google Ads.
- You can even find negative keywords, the ones that you should avoid using in your AdWords Campaign.
- Each keyword has a competition score that helps you make the most out of your marketing budget.
- It provides keyword phrases that allow you to learn what users type into search engines to address their needs.
WordStream’s pricing is based on a pay-as-you-go model, where users are billed as per their usage.
Pricing starts at $199/month for the software, and $448/month if you’d like to receive consulting along with WordStream’s SEO software.
Seobility is another great SEO software that provides tools like SEO audit, monitoring of backlink as well as ranking. Now, what completes this all-in-one SEO software is a TF-IDF tool that is to be used for content creation.
Seobility has been reviewed as one of the best SEO due to its ability to analyze every aspect. It is going to check your website comprehensively by crawling all pages with errors, problems regarding optimization, or duplicate content.
- Offers on-page SEO audits, where each analysis provides detailed information on how to solve those problems.
- Pages of your site are crawled and problems regarding on-page optimization are collected and displayed for better understanding.
- Seobility provides a wide-ranging report after each crawl and notifies the user if a severe problem occurs.
- Features Backlink Monitoring, where detailed reports are compiled regarding website backlinks, anchor texts, and referring domains among others.
- Competitor analysis and link building recommendation is offered in Backlink Monitoring
- Ranking data of your keywords are updated regularly.
- Features Keyword monitoring that provides advanced keyword tagging by searching locally.
- Basic ($0/month): For Hobby Users, 1 Project, 1.000 Subpages per Website, 10 Keywords, URL check, and Limited Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Premium ($50/month): 1 user, For Professional Users, 3 Projects included, 25.000 Subpages per Website, 300 Keywords included, TF-IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL check, and Full Access to On-page Analyses among others.
- Agency ($200/month): 1 user(s) / month, For Professional Users with many and/or big Projects, 15 Projects included, 100.000 Subpages per Website, 1.500 Keywords included, TF*IDF Tool for SEO Content Creation, URL checks, on-page analysis, and more.
20. Agency Analytics
Agency Analytics is considered to be one of the best tools for the enterprise, the impressive part is its Dashboard that displays all metrics visually making it easier for clients to interpret.
You can also white label the dashboard and allows your clients to have their login. This way you can monitor their activities.
It is an ideal tool that offers multiple digital marketing capabilities at a much lower cost. The platform is customizable and easy to use. On the other hand, the integration offered with Google Analytics and Google Ads works efficiently with all the other features like:
- Site audits,
- Rank tracking,
- Backlink analysis,
- Reporting tools, and much more.
- Automated marketing reports are compiled on a daily, monthly, or yearly basis.
- It allows you to personalize reports with comments so that it’s easy for clients to analyze.
- It offers over 20 marketing Integrations like Facebook, Instagram, Hubspot, SEMrush, and much more.
- Features Dashboard in which bar charts, line graphs, pie charts, tables, or statistic widgets are displayed for every metric.
- You can give your clients access to the dashboard but you also control what they see on it, therefore you can customize it based on your requirement.
- It allows you to upload your logo with a given color scheme, to increase brand recognition.
- Offers SEO tools like rank tracking, site auditor, backlink monitoring, Competitor analysis, and automated SEO reports.
- Features Site Audit in which it crawls into your website and discovers issues like 404 errors, duplicate content, and broken image.
- Freelance ($49/month): Unlimited Branded Reports, Unlimited Staff & Clients, White Label Dashboard, Access to 30+ Integrations, Daily Rank Tracking, Scheduled Site Audits, and much more.
- Agency ($149/month): All Freelancer Features alongside Custom Domain & Email, Client Messaging, Tasks, Custom User Permissions, Multiple Ranking Locations & Languages, and much more.
- Enterprise ($399/month): All Agency Features alongside Multiple White Label, Multiple Dashboards, PPC Markup, API Access, White Glove Onboarding, and much more.
21. Beam Us Up
Beam Us Up is one of the best free SEO tools with a clean and simple interface. It offers robust features like site audit, in-depth crawl, organizing reports, filtering out duplicate content, and much more.
The reason why it is recommended is that it is extremely cost-effective and is often used as an alternative to major crawl apps due to its efficiency.
The major benefit you get by using beam us up is that it saves time by directly transferring all crawled data to your Google Drive instead of copy and pasting tons of data.
- It offers an unlimited crawl that sorts out duplicate content and finds errors easily.
- Beamupus has built-in smart filters in the crawler, which can display common SEO errors.
- Features .htaccess Generator which easily generates Htaaccess very without difficulty.
- Instead of exporting crawl data in CSV format first, and then into excel, Beamusup will directly export all data to google drive spreadsheet or excel.
- Beam us up allows you to identify duplicate content; it also helps remove duplicate sites.
- Beam us up uploads helpful blogs that consist of crawler updates and other SEO topics.
- Offers analytics percentage highlighter that highlights percentage differences when comparing time periods.
- Beam us up automatically organizes violation reports after each crawl.
Beam Us Up has not provided pricing on their website, it is a common practice for software vendors. The final negotiation must be conducted by the seller.
Linkminer is a cost-effective and one of our picks for the best SEO tools for eCommerce.
Most SEO software and apps limit the tools they provide. However, even the basic version of Linkminer has all the features of the Premium plan.
Linkminer is an analysis tool for backlinks that allows you to analyze the backlink profile of your competitors in the market and find link building opportunities at the same time. This saves a lot of time and research for the user.
- You can easily find backlinks, and start the analysis regarding the backlinks of your competitors as well.
- Depending on the types of backlinks, Linkminer offers backlinks based on historic indexes, daily from the last 30 days and deleted backlinks as well.
- Features Export which will automatically export all backlinks without the CSV file.
- To analyze domain, Linkminer comes with Citation Flow, Trust Flow, Referring IPs, and domain as well.
- Features Backlink table, displays all backlink data with characteristics like Deleted backlink tag, Image tag, and Language of the referring site.
- One of the main time-saving tools is live website preview which displays the preview of the website.
- Features favorites list which is an excellent way of saving selected links for the future.
- Basic ($29/month): 100 keyword lookup, 200 keyword suggestions, 100 SERP lookup, 200 tracked keywords daily, 2000 backlink rows, 20 site lookup, and much more.
- Premium ($39/month): 500 keyword lookup, 700 keyword suggestions, 500 SERP lookup, 700 tracked keywords daily, 7000 backlink rows, 70 site lookups, and much more
- Agency ($79/month): 1200 keyword lookup, 700 keyword suggestions, 1200 SERP lookup, 1500 tracked keywords daily, 15000 backlink rows, 150 site lookup, and much more.
More than 2,000,000 professionals now use Hunter to grow their business. It is one of the best SEO tools for a business that uses the method of email outreach as a way to fill their sales pipeline.
What Hunter does is that it allows you to enter any domain and find all emails or contact information associated with that email. It is the most convenient lead generation tool that every business should use.
- Features a dashboard in which all of your tools are on the top, with a search bar in the middle.
- The domain bar is used to find contact information like name, position, email, and phone number by typing a domain.
- Features Email verification, in which you can verify any email.
- Bulk search capability to save time. Also offers CSV file import and search filters
- Features a built-in CRM system that adds leads manually, exports them, and connects them with other applications.
- It owns a Gmail outreach that you can integrate with your Gmail.
- The campaign function gives the leverage of assigning different campaigns to a variety of purposes.
- Features email templates that speed up the process of outreach and add lead labels – opened, clicked, or replied.
- Free: 50 monthly requests and 100 searches per month.
- Starter ($49/month): 1000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Growth ($99/month): 5,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Pro ($199/month): 20,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
- Enterprise ($399/month): 50,000 monthly requests, Domain Search exports, Multiple Gmail connections, Priority support.
If you are looking for a free research tool then keywords everywhere are one of the best free SEO tools for people who are tired of paying hundreds of dollars for SEO software that works the same as this one.
What Keywords Everywhere does is that it shows you related keywords as well as what people search for. It is a must-have for every digital marketer for generating traffic as it provides high-level analytics and advanced keyword suggestions for your SEO strategy.
- It offers free browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox that pull search engine data from approximately 16 countries.
- It also works for YouTube, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and UberSuggest.
- Shows the average of the total searches that people performed over the last 12 months
- Shows cost per month, which is the amount advertisers pay for a single click.
- It also shows AdWords competition on multiple websites i.e. the number of advertisers that are running ads on Google AdWords.
- It lets you find long-tail phrases precise search volume, CPC, and competition data.
- You also get the data of what people search for through Google and Bing.
- It allows you to access your keyword metrics list and also lets you download the list in Excel, CSV, or PDF file formats.
You can purchase credits for Keywords Everywhere, which are available in bundles. Credit bundles start from $10 per month to $1,000 per month (up to 10 million credits).
Answer the Public is a very crafty insight tool with a clean and organized interface that strives to combine searches from Bing and Google, organizes them in a category, and compiles an overview of what people are searching for from their search engines.
It is one of the best SEO tools that allow you to get to know your target audience, helps you target your keyword search, optimize long-tail phrases, and much more.
- Answer the Public sorts the keywords by usage and then create subheading using other related phrases
- Allows location and language-based search
- You can save search data reports that you can access at any time
- It allows you to hide suggestions from those compiled reports
- You can hide unwanted sections from visualizations as well
- Answer the public gives the leverage of comparing data
- Features Google’s snippets are the excerpts of information pulled from Google that present answers to users without having them click the website
- You can view all your payment receipts and download them as PDF
- Free: limited daily searches
- Pro ($99/month): Unlimited searches, Compare data + see new suggestions, public language + location-based results, and priority customer support.
26. Netpeak Spider – SEO Website Audit Tool
If you’re seeking a tool for an in-depth SEO audit of your website or your competitors to analyze its SEO strategy, which also can crawl over million URLs under a few minutes, then Netpeak Spider is the right decision for you.
How does it work? Netpeak Spider crawls websites like search engine bots do (you can choose the bot you like: Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.).
It will follow every link on your website and shows the data of various SEO factors that might be hurting your rankings (broken links and redirects, detects pages with missing metadata, and shows duplicate content, etc.).
If you’ve got a website with thousands of pages or several websites to crawl them simultaneously, you don’t need to increase the amount of memory that the spider uses.
Since you can easily enable or disable crawling of certain parameters (title, description, canonical, backlinks, etc.), you can accelerate crawling and reduce RAM/CPU consumption. If a website is too big, you will be able to crawl it using only parameters needed the most.
The tool suits both SEO professionals and SEO newbies with its in-depth SEO analysis and enhances the description of all SEO issues that make the tool understandable for those who are starting in this sphere.
- Built-in website scraper: use up to 100 conditions and four types of search (contains, Regexp, XPath, CSS).
- Customizing plus testing Robots.txt Files.
- Creating sitemaps (both regular and image ones) in several clicks using built-in HTML, TXT, and XML sitemap generator.
- Analyzing external and internal linking.
- Detecting issues are presenting in a sidebar and categorized by their severity using color highlighting and nested lists.
- Calculating internal PageRank to improve website linking structure (Netpeak Software was the first on the market to implement a unique internal PageRank calculation in Netpeak Spider);
- Bulk export in PDF (also offers a white-label feature) or straight to Google Drive the errors and source URLs to fix, or send to a developer.
- Comprehensive hreflang analysis allows you to get rid of the issues in attribute and understand how to configure it correctly.
- Finding orphaned sitemap pages.
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Yandex.Metrica.
- The ‘Source code and HTTP headers analysis’ allows to check it and get data on HTTP response and request headers, redirects, and GET parameters in the URL.
- Standard: Priced at $15.20/month billed annually and $19/month billed monthly with all basic features, 2 devices access, and standard customer care among other features.
- Pro: Priced at $31.20/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with all basic features including white-label reports, multi-domain crawling, the export of search queries from Google Search Console, integration with Google Drive / Sheets, 2 devices access, and priority-support care.
- Custom: Priced at $199.20/month billed annually and $249/month billed monthly with full functionality (both standard and professional features), access to Netpeak Checker, 5+ devices access, VIP support, and dedicated manager.
Top 10 SEO Experts and Gurus in 2021
1. Rand Fishkin – Moz
Rand Fishkin is the co-founder of one of the best SEO software companies, Moz where he served as CEO till 2018 after which he started another company called SparkToro which focuses on data and discovering target audiences.
Furthermore, Rand is also the author of ‘Lost and Founder – A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World’ and speaks around the world on topics relating to marketing and entrepreneurship.
Rand often contributes to his blog for Moz and Sparktoro and who better than him to follow updates in the world of SEO.
The success of Moz speaks out loud about his passion for SEO and his constant contributions to the field coupled with his outstanding expertise puts him on the list of our SEO gurus!
2. Neil Patel – Neil Patel Blog
When researching anything related to SEO, Neil Patel is one name that you will come across – he is that good. He entered the world of SEO when multiple strong players were already dominating it and he found his way through and scored to the top.
Neil is the author of multiple guide books on the subject including ‘The Advanced Guide to SEO’. He has worked as a professional for industry leaders such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, NBC, and more helping them scale their marketing efforts.
He is the co-founder of Kissmetrics, Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, and Neil Patel Digital.
Neil has also acquired multiple remarkable titles such as the New York Times bestselling author, top web influencer by Wall Street Journal, top 10 marketers by Forbes, and more!
3. Brian Dean
Brian Dean is the founder of one of the most famous blogs – Backlinko. His inspiration came from not finding good enough material online so he decided to create something that people would want to read.
It has grown to be the best SEO resource out there packed with tons of information including the best marketing software and tools.
Brian’s SEO solutions are up-to-date, unique, and clear, and guarantee success. His years of SEO experience projects in his blog making it highly relevant for anyone to learn or improve their SEO skills.
If your traffic is struggling or you require knowledge of best SEO practices, you must follow Brian Dean on Backlinko.
4. Matt Cutts
Matt Cutt’s joined Google in 2000 as a software engineer and grew to head their Webspam team for many years. His many contributions to Google also include Google SafeSearch and working on search quality.
After Google, he moved to US Digital Service and is their acting administrator.
Matt is a strong computer engineer and SEO is one of his great skills, having worked as an engineer for one of the top search engines. The Wall Street Journal describes him as “Matt Cutts: who is to search results what Alan Greenspan was to interest rates”.
5. Danny Sullivan – Search Engine Land
Danny Sullivan is working at Google and his main aim and job role is to help the public understand Google search and help Google hear public feedback and improve accordingly.
Though now retired, Danny was an avid writer and journalist. Serving as an advisor now, he is the co-founder of Third Door Media which publishes Search Engine Land, Marketing Land, MarTech Today and produces the SMX: Search Marketing Expo and MarTech events.
Having worked as a search journalist, Danny’s expertise on the topic of SEO is unquestionable. His extensive experience with SEO dates back to 1996 when he wrote “A Webmaster’s Guide To Search Engines”.
Since then, he has acquired and shared a wealth of information relating to search engines making him a complete SEO guru.
6. Barry Schwartz – Search Engine Land
Barry Schwartz is the owner of RustyBrick which offers multiple online marketing solutions utilizing the best marketing tools. He is also a news editor at Search Engine Land and is the founder of Search Engine Roundtable – one of the best blogs for search engine marketing (SEM) providing a holistic view of search engines and their marketing.
Barry has over 15 years of experience with search and his immense wealth of knowledge and contributions to SEM grant him the title of top ten SEO gurus.
He speaks all over the world at SEM conferences and has advised many top players such as Google, Yahoo Search, Bing, and others. In 2018 Barry was granted the “US Search Personality of the Year” award by US Search Awards.
7. Andy Drinkwater – IQ SEO Ltd.
Starting as a copywriter then moving towards UX, now Andy Drinkwater is an SEO expert, owner of iQ SEO – working with multinationals around the globe as a freelance consultant to deliver incredible SEO strategies.
His major focus lies on the technical aspects of SEO and he is one of the best SEO resources in the field with 19 years of experience.
Andy is a constant learner and enjoys the challenges that changes in search engine marketing and algorithms bring. He likes to stay at the top of his game and also impart his knowledge.
Andy writes for multiple magazines and speaks at noticeable events and is involved in webinars and podcasts. He is a top 10 contributor to MOZ.
8. Cyrus Shepard – Zyppy
Founder of the famous digital media company, Zyppy, and having worked at Moz, Cyrus Shepard is a highly experienced SEO strategist, digital marketer, speaker, and writer.
His passion involves building successful websites for customers and helping them be at the top of search results. He has worked for multiple startups and fortune 500 companies.
Cyrus’s blog has the aim to educate people about the greatest and up-to-date SEO best practices, for absolutely no cost. Rather than sales, Cyrus believes in using the power of search to deliver exactly what people are looking for, at the perfect time, and his vast experience makes him a search expert.
9. Vanessa Fox
Currently, Vanessa Fox is the CEO at Keylime Toolbox which offers some of the best SEO tools such as the ability to combine Google Analytics and Webmaster data, analyze ranking trends, and bot crawl behavior to uncover detailed SEO insights.
Vanessa was also one of the creators of Google Webmaster Central, founder of Nine by Blue – a search analytics firm, and author of “Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy IS Your Business Strategy”.
If you are looking for tips to make your business survive in the 21st century, you must follow Vanessa. She is a brilliant SEO mentor to understand where online marketing and search engines define the marketing landscape.
She provides easy to understand SEO tutorials and her in-depth understanding of Google, Yahoo, and Bing is something we can all learn from.
10. Avinash Kaushik
Avinash Kaushik is a digital marketing evangelist at Google for the past 12 years. He is also the co-founder of Market Motive Inc which offers education and training related to online marketing.
Moreover, he is also the author of two books: Web Analytics an Hour a Day and Web Analytics 2.0. Avinash loves to teach and convey his knowledge of SEO, analytics, and digital marketing.
While Avinash is majorly known as the guru of analytics, we still included him in the list of SEO experts. This is because without analytics you cannot build any SEO strategy.
Avinash is the go-to expert to learn how your data can fuel your SEO strategy and how the effects of your SEO can be quantified.
SEO Tools – Frequently Asked Questions
👉 What Are SEO Tools?
SEO tools help you find relevant keywords, suggest optimizations and content ideas improve rankings, provide a visualized summary of your website’s SEO performance, can offer you routine health checks on your website, and more.
Since SEO has a lot of factors and components that make a business’s overall SEO strategy, these tools have a lot of modules to offer, such as:
- Backlink Analysis Tools – These tools find and analyze the quality of the backlinks your/your competitor’s website has. They find out what backlinks you’re getting the most out of, and what spam links you need to disavow so they don’t impact your SEO rankings.
- Traffic Analysis Tools – Traffic analytics gives you more insight into where most of your website traffic is coming from, what pages they most like to visit, how long they want to stay on your website, and more
- SEO Audit Tools – SEO audit tools evaluate your website’s on-page SEO strategy as well as off-page visibility. The SEO audit then presents a score/rating to help you understand what needs to be improved
- SEO Keyword Tools – The keyword finder tools help you find relevant metrics about particular keywords that you’d like to target, their monthly search volume, etc. Keyword tools often also have a “difficulty meter”, showing how difficult it is to rank for a particular keyword on search engines.
- Competitor Analysis Tools – There are various SEO competitor analysis tools, that provide great insight into what keywords your competitors are ranking for, the common keywords that you and your competitors rank for, your competitor’s keywords that generate the most traffic for them, and more.
👉 Which Are the Best SEO Tools for Beginners?
If you are just starting in the SEO space, congratulations – you will love learning more about this as you go along.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your website’s SEO, and it is a profession that involves constant learning, experimentation, and growth.
For SEO beginners, I would recommend the following SEO tools:
- SEOquake – Free browser plugin for brief SEO insights and analysis
- Ubersuggest – Free keyword research and suggestion tool
- MozBar – Free Moz plugin to evaluate website Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA)
- SEMrush (Free) – For site audits, backlink analysis, competitor analysis, and more
- BuzzSumo – Content and topic suggestion SEO tool
- Google Trends – Free tool to evaluate search terms and their volume stats over time
👉 What is the Best Free SEO Tool?
My top pick for the best free SEO tool in 2021 would be Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest.
Neil is one of the most widely known and followed SEO and digital marketing gurus, built this tool to offer free-of-cost keyword analysis and suggestions.
Recently, Ubersuggest has also introduced tiered pricing plans for its keyword research platform. However, these plans are mostly targeted at other tools that Ubersuggest has introduced in the past, such as:
- Site audits,
- Competitor analysis,
- Backlink analysis,
- Rank tracking, and more
👉 What SEO Tool is the Best?
Overall, I found SEMrush to be the best SEO tool in 2021. It is a comprehensive SEO platform that offers various powerful SEO tools for:
- In-depth keyword analysis,
- Content and SEO suggestions,
- In-depth competitor analysis,
- Backlink analysis,
- On-page SEO optimizations,
- Off-page SEO optimizations,
- Website health audits,
- Social media analysis,
- Social media publishing, and more
While it can be expensive for some small businesses, with pricing plans starting at $99 per user/month, SEMrush offers a lot of value for money. I have extensively used it in the past and have driven great results for my SEO projects.
👉 What Does SEO Mean?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of constantly making visual and textual changes and additions to your website/blog to increase its visibility on various search engines.
With SEO, you can receive longer-lasting, unpaid, completely organic traffic, and search impressions back to your website/blog.
While there are various search engines available online, the search engine that provides extensive guidelines on SEO is Google. Most SEOs are heavily invested in optimizing their website projects for Google’s search engine algorithms.
👉 What Are the Two Types of SEO?
There are three types of SEO – on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO. However, most marketers consider technical SEO a branch of on-page SEO practices.
⭐️ On-page SEO
Directly relates to the content on your website – text, images, media, etc. This SEO provides structure to your website content so search engines better understand the topic of the content, and determine whether the content will add value to the searchers.
On-Page SEO in itself is a big dimension. Alexa has a checklist that outlines all the factors that are taken into account for on-page SEO.
Have a look at this checklist to understand just how many little factors and optimizations are needed for websites/blogs to rank better on search engines.
⭐️ Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO, as the name suggests, refers to your relationship and influence outside of your website. It looks into other websites and blogs linking back to your content. This gives search engines a clear indicator that your website has high-authority, relevant content.
Off-page SEO defines the strategies to increase your website’s reputation and authority and is aimed at increasing backlinks from various websites/blogs.
The most common types of off-page SEO practices include guest blogging for other websites, and recommending other webmasters useful resources from your website/blog to link back to.
⭐️ Technical SEO
Often considered a branch of on-page SEO, technical SEO looks into all the elements on your website that are not related to content.
Technical SEO relates to constantly optimizing the backend technologies, coding practices, and various third-party plugins/integrations that are being used on your website/blog.
Since readers are not just looking for highly-relevant content but also immersive, delightful user experiences, they tend to prefer websites that load faster, do not make it hard to find content, and are properly functioning across various devices.
Technical SEO focuses on factors, such as:
- Site speed
- Site architecture
- Structured data
- Website security
👉 How Much Should I Spend on SEO?
It’s generally very difficult to calculate costs for SEO because there are so many factors to consider. The primary factors that determine the cost of your SEO project can be:
- Nature/Industry of the business
- Identified keywords
- Present website infrastructure
- Current on-page stats
- Present off-page stats
- The number of identified keywords you’d like to target
- Keyword competitiveness
To top all this, has your website ever been penalized by Google’s Panda and Penguin anti-spam policies? If so, bringing your website back to the search engines can take quite some time.
Search Engine Journal has an excellent SEO cost calculator that can help you better determine a budget for your SEO project.
Moz polled over 600 SEO companies to better understand what kind of costs are involved in an SEO project. The poll found the following:
- The average SEO expert charges between $80 and $130 per hour.
- The average monthly retainer can be between $750 and $1,500 per month.
However, that’s just the cost of hiring one SEO expert. SEO projects usually require a team of SEOs, a few junior resources for analysis and reporting, and a dedicated seasoned content team that knows how to make content that search engines love.
Furthermore, there is the cost of your SEO toolkit that you’ll need to enable your SEO project team. Considering this, SEO projects can be expensive to initiate but are worth it because of the value that they deliver.
👉 How Long Does SEO Take?
If you have hired the right SEO experts and have the right content team, you can expect a pattern for your organic traffic. SEO works on three recognizable patterns and behaviors in organic traffic:
- Bump – You will see an abnormal increase in daily organic traffic. This is usually following a search engine policy update as your rankings improve over time.
- Slump – You will see a drop in organic traffic following a search engine policy update. This could either be an indicator that you can expect a bump in organic traffic soon, or that your SEO practices are not up-to-date with the search engine’s recommended best practices.
- Plateau – You will see consistent organic traffic following a bump/slump once your search engine rankings have been updated.
We started with All That SaaS not a long time ago. However, we have seen a few bumps, slumps, and plateaus ourselves. In my opinion, an SEO project can take anywhere between 6 to 12 months to start showing that it’s working.
👉 Can I Do My Own SEO?
The short answer is yes, you can. Most digital marketers love initiating their SEO projects and driving organic traffic for their ventures. This serves two purposes:
- Increase in business,
- The SEO projects can add to your portfolio as a successful SEO professional
However, before you get started with your SEO project – ask yourself this: do I really know what I am doing and clearly understand how it is going to deliver me results?
If your answer is no, you probably shouldn’t start your SEO project on your own. You might end up causing more damage to your website stats and authority than before.
👉 Is SEO Difficult?
That depends on how long it has been that you’re working in the SEO space. If you are a seasoned SEO guru, you probably won’t find it difficult, but exciting.
If you are only starting, there are a lot of things that you’ll need to deep-dive to get the complete picture. That can be overwhelming.
Especially if you are looking after the technical SEO yourself. That requires extensive knowledge about coding best practices, and it’s something where most SEOs like taking the help of professional developers.
While SEO can be quite a challenge, these SEO tools help you in making your life easier. They get most of the things done, prepare a nicely summarized report for you, and you just need to follow the plan to start seeing results.
Other SaaSy Goodness on All That SaaS:
- 24 Amazing Journal Apps to Use in 2021: Android and iOS
- 14 Powerful Screen Recording Software for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows & Linux
- 23 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- 16 Awesome URL Shorteners You Should Use in 2021 (Free & Paid)
- 25 Best Construction Management Software of 2021
- 25 Best Free Cloud Storage Services of 2021
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2021
- 10 Best EHR/EMR Software of 2021
- 25 Best VPN Services to Use in 2021 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)
- 19 Email Clients for Maximum Email Productivity in 2021
- 25 Best Google Chrome Extensions and Apps of 2021
- 26 Best Password Managers of 2021 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows