Construction management software is a project management platform. It helps companies in controlling a project’s time, cost and quality. This software is designed to make construction business processes automated.
The features of best Construction Project Management Software include specifying project objectives, budgeting, scheduling and maximizing resource efficiency. Developers have developed Construction project management software to streamline day to day tasks. By doing so, it improves the delivery of projects. This impacts the bottom line of construction companies.
Why Do You Need Construction Management Software?
With the expansion of real estate, it is almost impossible to liaise with contractors. To keep track of progress without using this software is difficult. Here are some other reasons as to why you need construction management software in your arsenal!
1. Management Made Easier
Adopting a systematic approach to management is every construction management software’s primary goal. Being so, this solution allows staff to ensure that projects go easily as per plans. Besides, it enables users to come up with professional requests for information. It allows key staff to share crucial data and project budgets, which can be observed at the same time.
2. Easy Accessibility
This software can be accessed virtually anytime from anywhere since most of them are cloud-based. This effectively eliminates the struggle of hustling to go to the office to complete a task. Easy accessibility enables the user to complete the task on time from anywhere in the world.
3. Real-Time Collaboration
The majority of this software is cloud-based. It is easier for project managers to connect with teams, subordinates, and suppliers, among other key groups. This results in smooth workflows and accurate job estimates. It will enable much-needed collaboration among those associated with a common project.
4. Accurate Monitoring
To improve service quality you need to boost team workmanship. For this purpose, you need to track everything about a construction business. These best construction management software makes sure that everyone finishes the assigned job on time.
5. Opportunity for Business Expansion
Using construction management software can help speed up project completion. It promotes efficient business processes. This can result in getting more contracts and business expansion. More jobs will lead to increased market share. As we know, more business in itself is equal to a productive marketing campaign.
6. Quality Improvement
Construction software can improve the general quality of your work. Construction management software enhances construction security, which upgrades project planning and control. Likely, it limits project delays and promotes communication. This maintains a strategic distance from costly mistakes.
7. Cost Control
By utilizing its construction accounting capabilities, this software reduces your expenses. Construction management software assists employees to find important documents like contracts budget status. This results in the minimization of project costs and errors that may lead to high costs. Similarly, It reduces operational costs. It also allows access to real-time financial data, which can make the organization profitable.
Construction is a task-driven business and construction project management apps plans it accordingly. Below is the list of top-rated construction management software to help you to decide for yourself. If you are working in the construction business, this list is for you. You ought to consider having one of the best construction management software, for better efficiency.
Procore offers one central work hub to connects teams, applications, and devices. It is a leading cloud-based construction management software. Procore manages the project lifecycle from bidding to closeout.
It provides real-time collaboration with the team anytime from anywhere. Moreover, it covers the whole functionality for project management, quality, safety, construction financials. With the help of ProCore, construction professionals can build quality projects safely, on time, and within budget.
- Unlimited Storage for storing everything related to projects.
- Cloud-Based program. Easily accessible everywhere on any device.
- Design coordination Feature helps you solve the problems faster.
- Daily log feature captures all day-to-day activities on the job site.
- Provides organized documentation of projects by keeping everything stored in one place.
ProCore offers three different pricing plans for you to choose from:
- Project Management – at $375 per month it offers complete management of your projects with accurate information.
- Project Management and Financials – at $549 per month this plan provides financial assistance along with project management. You can cut cost exposure and automate the process.
- Custom Plan – You can purchase many products together by availing custom plans.
ViewPoint provides the tools required to improve project profitability and visibility. It manages risk and helps in effective collaboration with the project team. Viewpoint offers a well-designed SQL-based Construction Accounting suite of services to manage projects.
This suite offers enterprise resource planning, BIM collaboration, mobile field-to-office, and content management. These services are available in the cloud, as SaaS, and as on-premise solutions.
- Easy to use interface with an integrated system
- Provides excellent Project Projection utilities
- Business intelligence and real-time reporting
- Submittal and RFI modules to upload and keep track of information
- Flexible pricing plans
ViewPoint does not offer a free trial and their pricing plans are only available via contact inquiry.
AccuLynx is a combination of project and document management, and a catch-all system for contractors. It is one of the most powerful tools for any construction business. Packed with powerful features, it is the roofing industry’s most trusted software application.
AccuLynx offers tools to help users manage jobs from an initial lead to the final invoice. It ensures that everyone has the most updated information about the projects.
- 24/7 support
- Integrated Features
- Work order management
- Dispatch Management
- Checklists & inspections
AccuLynx provides a free trial to the users. Their pricing plans are available upon request. They also offer a demo to help you understand the software better.
CoConstruct is designed for custom home builders and remodelers to optimize their day-to-day operations. It has three well-designed functionality modules. These modules help users with projects, budgeting, client communication, and activity planning. It also offers apps for Android and iOS users.
What makes CoConstruct unique compared to similar solutions is its customizable design. This is CoConstruct’s key secret for streamlining communication with customers. It is a web-based platform that assists builders and remodelers to face common challenges related to their projects.
- Marketing and Customized Branding
- Simplified bidding
- Streamlined scheduling
- Cost-Plus Management
- Warranty alerts
CoConstruct does not offer a free trial. However, it has three pricing plans to accommodate users according to their needs.
- Core – at $199 per month manage your project schedules and finances on the cloud.
- STANDARD – at $249 per month increase your efficiency by bringing business management into one place.
- PLUS – at $299 per month Increase collaboration for the rewarding building experience
WorkflowMax is a cloud-based project management solution built to take care of all your business management needs. It is loved by 10,000+ businesses. It provides project tracking, timesheets, reporting, job monitoring, and other powerful features.
WorkflowMax is acquired by Xero and offers seamless integration with Xero’s business software and systems. This software focuses on maximizing your profitability. It also sorts out all your project needs within one system.
- Milestone Tracking
- Collaboration tools
- Budget Management
- 24/7 email support
- Integrations – Xero, Zendesk, Freshdesk, Box, Dropbox, etc.
WorkflowMax offers simple-tiered pricing plans based on the number of users. A 14-day free trial is available to try out its features without any commitments. After the trial, you may continue using the service by choosing from their pricing plans.
All these plans include features like invoicing, Xero’s integration, client management. The only difference is the number of users.
- 1 user – $15/month
- 2-5 users – $49/month
- 6-10 users – $110/month
- 11-20 users – $170/month
- 21-50 users – $250/month
- 50+ users – Custom pricing
There are further upgradations also available according to your business needs:
- Lead Manager (CRM) module – $15/month
- WorkflowMax premium – $50/month
Aconex is a construction management software launched by Oracle’s Construction and Engineering Cloud platform. It’s centered around connectivity between teams on construction and engineering projects. The solution aims to become your construction project’s single source of truth by managing your information and processes.
It has tools for document management, workflow automation, and project controls to assist you. Along with these features, Aconex also offers BIM file management and process control. With efficient connectivity, Aconex promotes collaboration and data visibility in time-intensive tasks.
- Unlimited project users
- BIM management
- Workflow management
- Third-party integrations
- Real-time dashboard & configurable reports
Oracle Aconex offers customizable pricing plans. These plans are devised to accommodate the varying needs of different businesses upon request. For further details about their pricing plans, contact the vendors.
GanttPRO is an online Gantt chart software. It helps project managers to efficiently and effectively plan for their projects. It is used by 350K+ users worldwide. This software provides Gantt charts, scheduling, progress tracking and much more.
Users all over the world trust it to keep their planning simple, team members – engaged, and partners – in the loop. Users can either built projects from scratch or use the inbuilt project plan templates. The user-friendly UX/UI design enables users to start working right away.
- Effective and Easy to Use UI/UX design
- Capacity Monitoring
- Colour Coding
- Progress Tracking
GanttPRO offers a free 14-day trial version to test the tool or even create and manage a short-term project. Users can upgrade at any time. The pricing plans are divided into two categories. Essential for personal users and Team plans for business use.
- 1 user – at $15 per user/month if billed annually this plan offers project management with customizable export to PDF, PNG, and XLSX.
- 5 users – at $7.90 per user/month if billed annually, this program provides resource management with team progress tracking.
- 10 users – at $6.90 per user/month if billed annually this plan offers project management, resource management with a history of changes made.
- 5 users – at $5.90 per user/month if billed annually. This program provides resource management, team progress tracking, history, and working hours and project costs estimation
EZOfficeInventory is an asset tracking software. It offers simple depreciation management, scan-based audits, and actionable reports, and is one of the best asset tracking software to help you make well-informed business decisions. It uses location and possession histories to keep track of large amounts of assets.
EZOfficeInventory tracks a complete asset lifecycle and keeps a track of all the tools and equipment. It is integrated with Zendesk and work order management modules. EZOfficeInventory helps centralize all asset-related activities. Customization of fields and notifications is also available to make your experience worthy. It has a mobile app with Barcodes and QR Codes for you to create custom labels.
- Asset Management
- Supplier and Purchase Order Management
- Barcoding / RFID
- Inventory Tracking
- Audit Trail
Three pricing plans are offered by EZOffice Inventory. You can also upgrade the number of items and users in unlimited Users and À La Carte pricing plans.
- Unlimited Users – at $135/month this plan offers unlimited users and premium features, with a minimum of 1000 items. Perfect for organizations with a large number of users works great with SAML and LDAP integration.
- À La Carte – at $30.15/month this plan offers a minimum of 10 users and 250 items. Suited for companies looking to track assets and equipment with varying needs and workflows.
- Enterprise – For private cloud needs, with premium features. Pricing provided on a quote basis.
ConstructionOnline is a web-based construction management software. It was launched by UDA technologies. ConstructionOnline provides an integrated approach to project management, project scheduling, and customer management.
It has also been rated as number one by most software review websites. ConstructionOnline is packed with rich features like cloud management system, dynamic estimating, Redline Planroom, Daily project logging, RFI Tracking, and change order management.
The solution further includes Gantt chart style schedules to convert tasks into groups. Its project management module provides a photo management feature. these modules also include document control and help with budgeting and cost management. These unmatched features make it the world’s fastest scheduling software.
- RFI & Submittals
- Subcontractor Management
- GamePlan Task Lists
- Estimating and Job Costing
UDA ConstructionOnline offers three pricing plans for users to choose from:
- UDA ConstructionOnline Personal Plan – free forever. It offers Redline planroom, file storage and sharing, image galleries and other basic features.
- UDA ConstructionOnline Residential Plan – starting from $99/month packages including in this plan offers Redline Planroom Plus world’s fastest scheduling, RFI tracking, submittals, and daily logs.
- UDA ConstructionOnline Commercial Plan – starting from $229/month packages including in this plan offers business intelligence, dashboards, GamePlan email agendas, and transmittals.
CMiC is integrated construction software that combines Project Management and Project Controls. It enables users for seamless collaboration and project delivery. CMiC processes the database on your fingertips. this software automates processes and integrates platforms for effective management.
It is one of the best construction management software out there. The CMiC platform can be used as a multi-tenant SaaS solution or as a private Cloud (PaaS). CMiC efficiently connects with your team and help you supervise their work formats. It is currently supporting PC Construction, Layton, GH Phipps and Beck among its clients.
- Human Capital Management
- Dashboard & reports
- Customer relationship management
- Automate workflow processes
- Forecasting tools
CMiC’s pricing information is available only upon request. For Further details contact the company and ask for your quote.
By taking these thoughts into account, there’s a better chance that you end up with the right construction project management software. This software can end up saving you a lot of time, effort and money. The best thing about most of these software solutions is that they offer you a demo so you can get a free trial period. You can test out and find the one that assists you best with your needs.
With digital tools as construction software programs, you can ensure that everything goes according to plan. Manage your finances and schedule before laying down the foundation of the structure. We have provided you with the list of best construction management software so that you can be less stressed and more satisfied with your work.
Other SaaSy Goodness on All That SaaS:
- The Best SaaS Apps, Companies and Products of 2019
- 10 Best SEO Tools and SEO Apps of 2019
- The 10 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- The 10 Best Sleep Apps of 2020 for Longer, Healthier Sleep
- The 10 Best HR Management Software to Use in 2020
- The 19 Best (and Worst) Ad-Blockers of 2020 (Free & Paid)
- 20 Best Free Online Notepads for 2020 (No Login Required)
- Top 10 Best VPN Services to Use in 2020 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)
- The Best Productivity Apps to Get Sh*t Done in 2020
- Top 10 Best Free Cloud Storage Services of 2020
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- The 10 Best Live Chat Software for Websites: Free & Paid (2020)
- 10 Best Password Managers of 2020 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows