Enabling the best live chat software improves customer experience allowing your users to start a conversation when it is most convenient for them. This improves sales and after-sales revenue streams when customers receive effective troubleshooting.
Live chat beats telephone calls, e-mail, and social media when it comes to customer support by a whopping 92%. Customers do not want to go through the trouble of filling forms on a website or wait for an agent on a busy phone line, they expect an instant response and immediate solutions which makes live chats popular.
Top Features to Look for in the Best Live Chat Software
1. 24/7 Chat Option
Live Chat software comes with 24/7 chat options along with customization of business hours and automated replies. In case your agents are unavailable at certain times the chat software should support automated replies or bots to provide an instant response at any time.
2. Tracking and Insights
Website visitors that interact with you are a rich source of data. Analyzing conversation data, visitor details, response time, etc. will help you make better decisions about your sales, marketing, and customer support.
3. Easy Integration and Accessibility
Live chat software should be able to easily integrate with CRM applications such as Hubspot, Salesforce, and others. This means you can view and track all your data in one place. Moreover, the software should support other messaging apps such as Facebook messenger.
4. Real-Time Communication
79% of customers prefer to use live chat because it provides immediate responses thus the ability to communicate in real-time with your customers is extremely important. Features such as data sharing, file sharing and screen sharing in real-time are vital to enhancing your customer experience.
Based on these features we have compiled a list of 10 best live chat software:
10 Best Live Chat Software for Websites in 2020
Intercom is one of the best online chat software for cloud-hosted websites. It is an all in one live chat solution to drive conversions for your business. It provides customer services, marketing, and messaging products – everything you can need to onboard, support and engage customers as well as capture and convert leads.
Apart from live chat, Intercom also allows you to offer voice and video chat as well as screen-sharing for effective online collaboration. Plus, it consists of multiple advanced features for sales teams to connect, route queries and measure results make it a highly innovative software.
- Conversation routing between team members
- View in-depth customer information
- Collaborative team inbox
- Integrated apps
- Smart automation and bots
- Measures performance insights
- All in One – Starting at $87/month and increasing as interaction increases with multiple add-on options available
- Customer Support – Starting at $38 get access to real-time chat, help center, and bots
- Customer Engagement – from $49/month you can send outbound messages to engage customers
- Lead Generation – From $87/month access a team inbox and outbound messages
HubSpot offers an absolutely free live chat tool with its free CRM meaning all conversations can be enriched with data about the client to deliver excellent support! Its compatibility with the HubSpot CRM means no other tiresome integrations are needed.
HubSpot allows you to customize the chat widget, save conversations in the CRM, follow up on missed conversations through email, route customer inquiries to other teams, lighten the load with chatbots and anything you can imagine the best free live chat software to do for a growing business.
- Route conversations to the relevant team
- Customizable chat widget
- Crystal clear view of every interaction with stored insights
- Chatbot builder
- Integrated with HubSpot CRM
- Email Capture
- Slack integration
- Free – This is a free live chat software as part of the free HubSpot CRM.
3. Crisp Chat
Crisp is the best live chat software for small businesses. It is simple to use and consists of a free version if you have a small team. It comes with a customizable chat window, allows you to create automated messages and easily integrates with other services to unify all channels of your customer support.
What makes Crisp unique is its ability to translate conversations in real-time if your customers are geographically distributed. It also gathers customer data allowing you to segment and for drip campaigns, making it a useful marketing automation tool. Moreover, you can also monitor the status of your website and automatically alert customers in case of downtime.
- One inbox for communications from all channels
- Translate real-time conversations
- Supports audio and video calling
- Smart automated messages
- Integrates with 3rd party apps
- Uptime monitoring and user alerts
- Campaign builder
- Free – free live chat software forever with 2 seats with team inbox, mobile app, and message notifications.
- Pro – at $25 per website/month, 4 seats, pre-saved responses, audio messages and integration with Facebook and Twitter messengers.
- Unlimited – at $95 per Website/month, unlimited everything including video calls, analytics, and synchronization with CRM apps.
Trusted by over 150,000 businesses Drift is one of the best live chat services for websites that have high traffic. Drift eases off the load from your sales team by automating parts of the live chat and intelligently qualifying site visitors to deliver only the most important ones to your sales team.
Drift is equipped with a number of important features such as a meeting scheduler right within the chat window, account-based marketing to keep track of VIP visitors, automated help centers, email sync and more! It also provides multiple dashboards for measuring ROI and presents analytics about your chats, prospects, conversions, team performance, etc.
- Meeting Scheduler
- Automated help center
- Account-based marketing
- Intelligent messenger bots
- Customized live chat landing pages
- Detailed analytics and revenue reporting
- Converts emails to real-time conversations
- Free – free live chat software forever for 100 contacts, 1 chat seat, email signature, calendar integration, and other basic features
- Standard – at $50 per month, unlimited contacts, chat support and all free plan features.
- Pro – at $400 per month, custom branding, CRM routing, and many integration features.
- Premium – at $1500 per user/month, unlimited contacts, dedicated customer support, and multiple team management.
JivoChat is an international software being able to customize chat in 20 languages. Its multiple features make it an all-in-one- messenger support system. Over 200,000 websites use this free live chat software to power their customer support.
It is packed with multiple functionalities including CRM integration, detailed visitor info, automatic triggers, real-time visitor monitoring, file transfers and so much more. It promises audio callback with clients in less than 30 seconds which it delivers by ringing all agents and once.
- App Integrations
- Audio call support
- Multi-language support
- Chat transfer between agents
- One app for website chat, social and email
- Real-time visitor monitoring
- Desktop, mobile and browser agent apps
- Basic – free forever, up to 5 agents allowed, 20 language support, apps for all interfaces and 24/7 customer support.
- Professional – at £10 per agent/month if billed annually, 90+ language support, complete visitors’ info, analytics and reporting with google analytics integration.
Freshchat is part of FreshWorks 360-degree software suite which means it easily integrates with other applications to create a seamless experience. This is the best live chat service for websites that ties with CRM, a platform for marketing automation, sales, helpdesk and much more.
Freshchat comes with a variety of features that are hard to expect from a free live chat tool. From integrations with Clearbit, Slack, Facebook Messenger, Shopify, WordPress and others to notifications, event timelines in chat, rich insights and email campaigns, it has everything you can need to generate leads, engage customers and offer the best support.
- Customizable for 33+ languages
- Visitor intelligence and real-time monitoring
- Measure support and customer insights
- Intelligent routing between team members
- Integrates with other apps
- Multi-channel messaging and push notifications
- Troubleshooting by access to user’s screen
- Sprout – free forever, 10 team members with 10,000 Monthly unique visitors, mobile app and Omni chat.
- Blossom – at $15/month billed annually and $19/month billed monthly with one monthly targeted campaign, team performance evaluation, and file attachment option.
- Garden – at $24/month billed annually and $29/month billed monthly with unlimited triggered messages, WhatsApp integration, and email campaigns.
- Estate – at $39/month billed annually and $49/month billed monthly with multiple business hours option, co-browsing and intelligent job assigning system.
- Forest – at $79/Month billed annually and $99/month billed monthly with APIs, Apple business chat integration and IP whitelisting feature.
Olark’s aim is to make customer support easy and its live chat software does just that. It consists of multiple notable features, straightforward reporting and team management tools to help businesses grow and learn from their interactions.
Olark allows you to add the chat tool to specific pages and automatically send targeted messages based on the page a visitor is viewing. One amazing feature is that it stores all chat transcripts and presents them in an easily searchable and qualitative form to help learn from the insights.
- Easily customizable appearance
- Real-time insights and metrics
- Message automation
- Easy UI to navigate through chat transcripts
- Custom chatbox forms
- Integrates with multiple software
- Team management
- Monthly – at $17 per agent/month monthly plan provides 14-day free trial and comes with all the features of Olark.
- One Year – at $15 per agent/month billed annually with unlimited everything.
- Two Year – at $12 per agent/month billed bi-annually with full features of Olark.
Established in 2002 LiveChat is one of the oldest live chat plugins for customer support. The software is quick to set up and it can be easily operated from desktop or mobile device making it one of the best live chat software for small businesses.
Its features are straightforward and include chat archives, report creation, team monitoring, and multi-lingual support. It provides powerful insights about customer interactions to help improve team performance and support. The interface is clean and simple forming a sleek display on your website.
- Real-time translations
- Customer and team insights
- Stores chat transcripts
- Instant knowledgebase
- Cloud bases security
- Integrates with Facebook
- Desktop and mobile apps
- Starter – at $16/Month billed annually and $19/month billed monthly per seat with unlimited agent accounts, basic chat features, ticketing system, and 60-day chat history.
- Team – at $33/month billed annually and $39/month billed monthly with unlimited chat history, unlimited agent accounts, and basic reporting feature.
- Business – at $50/month billed annually and $59/month billed monthly with advanced reporting, staffing prediction, and work scheduler.
- Enterprise – custom-designed plan billed annually can be signed on with contacting Live Chat Team comes with security assistance, engineer and management support and single sign-on.
SnapEngage offers a ‘live chat solution that gets proven results’ and focuses on two use cases: amplifying sales and retaining customers. Its multiple integrations allow it to deliver a seamless experience and omnichannel support making it one of the best helpdesk software.
Rather than searching for canned responses, SnapEngage API allows advanced customization and you can set up text commands to efficiently answer customer queries. A unique feature is the social discovery option which pulls customer data from social networks in connection to their email address.
- Customizable design
- Reporting and analytics
- Omnichannel experience
- CRM & Helpdesk integration
- Bots and SnapEngage API
- HIPAA Compliant for health care
- Essentials – at $16 per user/month billed annually with minimum 3 users include basic chat features, integration with CRM apps and messengers.
- Professionals – at $26 per user/month billed annually with minimum 3 users include custom integration mapping, secure data transfer and click to call.
- Enterprise – at $40 per user/month billed annually with minimum 5 users include API, Client success manager, and Single sign-on.
A popular live chat software used worldwide by large corporates. Zendesk offers one pretty package which includes everything you need to be exactly where your customers are. It can be integrated on your landing pages to provide targeted support based on what your customers are browsing.
Zendesk can also be integrated with third-party apps Such as HubSpot, Zoho, Facebook Messenger and many more. Real-time translations make it perfect for a business with a global audience and a real-time dashboard showing active, in the queue, incoming chats and other analytics makes it an ideal tool for a busy business.
- Pre-chat forms for chat automation
- Chat logs, history, and insights
- Chat widget customization
- Integrates with 3rd party applications
- Self-service help center and community
- Security features with two-factor authentication.
- Visitor banning to avoid spam
- Lite – free forever, limited features with 1 simultaneous chat and 30-day chat history.
- Team – at $14 per agent/month, with all lite features, 2 triggers and departments, widget customization and public apps.
- Professional – at $29 per user/month, unlimited triggers and departments, conversion tracking and chat and agent reports.
- Enterprise – at $59 per user/month, 24/7 support, roles, and permissions options, and widget un-branding.
We hope we have provided all the information you need to select the best helpdesk software for your thriving business. Engaging with website visitors in real time and answering their queries instantly can do wonders for your sales process. Remember to keep measuring your analytics and constantly improve your performance.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- The Best SaaS Apps, Companies and Products of 2019
- The 10 Best SEO Tools and SEO Apps of 2019
- 10 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- Top 10 Best VPN Services to Use in 2020 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)
- 12 Best Google Chrome Extensions and Apps of 2020
- 10 Best Password Managers of 2020 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows
- Top 10 Best VPN Services to Use in 2020 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2020
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- The 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020