An email client can be very useful if you want to manage multiple accounts through a shared inbox. Email clients allow you to receive and send emails, but their features are not limited to doing just that.
Email Clients Market Share
According to this infographic by Litmus, here are the top 10 email clients used by people around the globe (data from 2019):
- Gmail – 27.8%
- Outlook – 9.1%
- Yahoo! Mail – 6.3%
- Outlook – 2.3%
- Thunderbird – 0.5%
- Others – 54%
You can have an email client for both personal and professional use. Some clients are specifically designed to make your work experience better by giving you the tools and ability to manage your workflow and to work with teams.
Whether you are looking for an email client for your Mac or your Windows 10 PC/laptop, we have you covered. Also, we will be reviewing email clients for Android, iOS, and Gmail.
The Best Free Email Clients of 2020
1. Gmail – Free Email Client
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows, Linux
If you are looking for the best email client, Gmail definitely sits at the top of the list for many. Gmail is compatible with a variety of platforms and has many useful features for both personal and business use.
It has an easy to use interface which makes it very popular among users. Features like cloud storage and sharing make data handling and storage extremely easy. With a variety of packages and features like video conferencing and voice communication, it can be rightfully called the best email client.
If you are looking for something that will allow you to collaborate easily with your team members, you should definitely consider exploring the features of G Suite business packages. One of the interesting features is that it also offers hardware add-ons to ensure a better experience.
- Organization: You can easily keep your work planned out and your team updated with the integrated calendar feature. G Suite offers online calendars that you can easily share with your team and update any time.
- Collaborative work: G Suite allows you to work on documents, spreadsheets, and slides from any device. You can access the documents both online and offline. The documents and spreadsheets are shareable which allows different teammates to work together on a single document.
- Automated Emails: When you schedule meetings on your calendar you can also use the feature of automated Emails. This feature will make sure to send Email Invites to all the team members that you want to be present in the meeting.
- Cloud Storage: Cloud storage allows you to keep all your work in one place. It provides secure access to your data from your computer, phone, and tablet.
- Cloud Sharing: Cloud sharing allows you to share your stored data with ease. Without having to send things as email attachments, you can simply invite others to access your data. It is up to you to give them permission to download, edit or view your data.
- Voice Communication: Voice Communication is an add-on feature of G Suite. It allows you to have a work number and make phone calls from any location or device.
- Video Conferencing: Through the integration of Hangout Meets you can turn your business meetings into a video conference. It will take just one click to have a face to face conversation with your client from anywhere.
- Free: Gmail is available free for personal use but if you want to use the email client for work, you will have to buy a G Suite license. There is a free trial of G Suite available for 14 days in which you can add more than 300 users.
- Basic: $6/user/month. The basic package includes is a pretty good package on its own. Along with the business email service it allows you to share calendars and have 30GB cloud storage. You can also create and share documents and spreadsheets and interact with your team through Hangout.
- Business: $12/user/month. The business package provides unlimited storage capacity. Along with sharing documents, calendars and video conferencing, this package also allows you to search across G Suite through cloud search. It also provides a vault to retain data.
- Enterprise: $25/user/month. Along with all the features of the business package, it provides advanced admin functions including the ability to integrate Gmail with third-party archiving tools. It also provides data loss prevention for both Gmail and the Drive.
- Jamboard Add-on: Starting from $4999, Jamboard is also a hardware add-on that acts as a digital whiteboard. It comes with a display screen, a wall mount, styluses, and an eraser. Your entire team (no matter where they are) can join the Jamboard through their own devices via the Jamboard app.
2. Mail App – Email Client for Windows 🏠
- Supported Platforms: Windows
It will not be wrong to call Mail for Windows 10 an ideal email client for Windows users. It has a beautifully designed, minimal, and easy-to-navigate interface. All features can be reached and used easily.
It not only allows you to manage multiple accounts but also allows you to link different inboxes. Features like focused inbox and easy accessibility make it the best open source email client for Windows.
The best part about Mail for Windows 10 is that it does not only provide amazing features but it also provides them all free of cost. It is no wonder that it is considered the best free email client for Windows 10. The following are some of its key features.
- Focused: Filters out the most important emails and groups them together in a focused inbox.
- Signature: Signature allows you to put your credentials at the end of the email or any information that you want to be a part of the emails you sent. Once you save a signature you do not have to worry about typing that information in every email.
- Multiple Accounts: Mail for Windows 10 lets you add multiple accounts and also to link inboxes so that you can access all your email in one place.
- Swipe Actions: It allows you to perform the frequently used actions through swiping. You can choose which action you want to assign to a swipe.
- Default Font: This feature gives you a variety of fonts to choose from to write your emails.
- Flag Setting: You can mark your emails by setting a flag on them. You can also remove the flag any time with a single click.
- Calendar: There is a built-in calendar that can help you with planning and scheduling. You can also add events in the calendar and put reminders on the events so that you can be notified of them.
- Mail for Windows 10 can be used free of cost making it one of the best free email clients of 2020.
3. Mailspring – Email Client for Linux 🐧
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Windows, Linux
Categorized as one of the best email clients for Ubuntu, MailSpring comes with a variety of interesting features. It eliminates the chances of error by providing features like Spell-check and Undo Send. It also provides the facility of translation for up to six languages.
Its easy-to-use advanced search feature has transformed the experience of managing emails. Personalization features like add signatures to emails and the ability to RSVP invitations make it the best free email client.
The best part about MailSpring is its pricing. All the basic features are available for free and the pro features are available at a very low rate of $8 per month.
- Advanced Search: This feature makes it easy to navigate through your mailbox and find the mail you are looking for by a quick and easy search.
- Unified Inbox: Unified inbox allows you to keep all your mail in one place so that you can respond to and go through emails faster.
- Signatures: You can just add your signatures once and this feature will make sure that all the mails you send are signed unless you decide to remove the signatures. Signatures can help you make your message look more personalized.
- Spell-check: You can send error-free emails using MailSpring as it comes with the feature of automatic spelling check.
- Undo Send: This feature can come in handy if you have sent an email by mistake or have changed your mind about it. You can undo the sending action by just one click.
- RSVP Invitations: When you receive invitations by email, you can use this feature to easily accept or decline invitations without having to leave your inbox.
- Translation: If you have received a mail written in another language, MailSpring will offer you to translate the mail into your own. It covers six major languages for now.
- Free: The basic features of MailSpring are free. These include the ability to send and receive emails, spelling check, advanced search, translation of emails, and signatures among others.
- Pro: At $8 per month, the Pro version will allow you to develop a rich contact profile. It will also allow you to snooze messages, follow up reminders, and have actionable mail insights. It also offers advanced features like company overviews and line tracking.
4. Yandex Mail – Free Custom Email Client
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows, Linux
Yandex Mail is a smart and secure email client. Along with the regular features of an email client, it also comes with very cool personalization features. You can change the appearance of your inbox to suit your mood which makes Yandex Mail the best email client.
It will not be wrong to also put it in the categories of the best email clients for iPhone and Android because it provides fingerprint-enabled protection on phone.
Having all the features of a good email client Yandex Mail is also totally free. We have listed below some features of Yandex Email so that it is easy for you to decide if it suits you or not.
- Smart Sorting: Yandex sorts the emails by highlighting messages from real people and putting other messages into other folders.
- Cloud Storage: It provides 10 GB of cloud storage using Yandex Disk which is a free add on program that you can install on your computer or phone and store your data online.
- Message Timer: Message timer allows you to write messages in advance and set the timer for when you want them to be sent.
- Built-in Anti-Virus: This feature makes sure that no suspicious message reaches your inbox. All such messages are sorted in the spam folder with a suspicious message warning.
- Unified Inbox: This allows you to join multiple Yandex inboxes using only one Yandex account.
- Customization: Using the customization feature you can choose to keep your account looking like a standard email account or get creative and change it according to your preference.
- Password Protection and Recovery: It allows you a PIN and biometric protection on your phone. If you ever forget your password you can easily gain access to Yandex again through your phone number.
Yandex Mail is a free email client.
5. Thunderbird – Open-Source Email Client
- Supported Platforms: Web, macOS, Windows, Linux
If you are looking to make your email experience easier, Thunderbird is the best desktop email client that will help you do so. Although it is very easy to use, it also offers some intuitive, powerful features for maximum email productivity.
It comes with time-saving navigation tools like a filter toolbar and tabbed emails. It acts as your work assistant with features like attachment reminder that make sure that you are not forgetting something important.
Using Thunderbird, you can also archive the messages to keep your inbox clutter-free without having to delete any messages. Junk Folder helps you filter out things that you do not want anything to do with at all.
- Address Book: Using this feature you can add people to your address book by simply clicking the star icon on the received messages. You can also add more details by clicking twice:
- Filter Toolbar: This feature allows for easy accessibility. You can filter the messages by Address Book Contacts, Tags, and New Messages. You can also use a filter across multiple folders by ‘Pinning’ it.
- Junk Folder: Thunderbird learns the kind of messages you mark as spam and the next time such a message comes it automatically transfers it into the Junk Folder so that you do not have to deal with unwanted mail.
- Smart Folders: Using this feature you can have all your emails coming into one inbox instead of going into multiple email accounts. This is a great feature to save your time and to bring everything in one place.
- Archive: This feature helps you keep your chosen emails out of the inbox without deleting them. This allows you to access and use those emails in the future if needed.
- Attachment Reminder: It is so common a problem to forget the attachment files. This feature will give you a reminder to check the attachment before sending out the email.
- Tabbed Email: This feature allows you to open multiple emails at the same time. This can be especially useful when you need to see other emails for reference while working on a new one.
All features of Thunderbird are free to use.
6. EmailTray – Free Email Client for Android 🤖
- Supported Platforms: Windows, Android
EmailTray is an email client that allows you to manage multiple email accounts and sort out cluttered inboxes. It can be called the best email client for Windows. Email sorting and easy configuration make it very fast and easy to use.
It is not for nothing that it is considered the best Windows email client; it comes with a variety of interesting features like visual and sound notifications for new emails.
Powerful features like email sorting and priority tabs make it very easy to manage emails and keep the inbox organized and clean.
- Email Sorting: The smart and easy to use email sorting system helps to keep your inbox organized. An organized inbox makes navigating through the mails very easy.
- Multiple Account Managing: With Email Tray you can manage multiple accounts by bringing them all to the same place.
- Quick Replies: This feature saves your time from typing replies to every email. It gives you an option of a quick reply that you can use instead of typing a message yourself.
- Easy Configuration: This feature makes it very easy to add new email accounts to Email Tray. All you need to do is provide your username and password and it will automatically configure the right settings.
- Instant Search: Search allows you to find the mail you want without having to go through your inbox manually.
- Visual and Sound Notifications: It provides Visual and sound notifications every time you receive a new email, thus keeping you updated.
- Priority Tabs: Email Tray separates the important messages and then sort them through high priority and low priority tabs.
Free: Email Tray is a simple and basic Email Client and all its features are free to use which is why it is one of the best email clients for Windows Phone as well as for desktop.
7. Superhuman – Email Client for Mac 💻
- Supported Platforms: iOS, Web, macOS,
Along with its claim to be the provider of the fastest email experience, Superhuman also offers interesting features for the users. With social insights from external social platforms, it helps you learn more about the people you are communicating with.
Features such as email filters and the ability to snooze conversations help you stay focused and organized. Superhuman makes sure that you do not forget anything important by giving you follow up reminders.
With superhuman, you can be very precise about the time someone receives the email and also know when they have read it. The cherry on top is that all these features are absolutely free of charge.
- Social Insights: Superhuman lets you know more about people by weaving their social insights from platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Undo Send: If you have made a mistake in the email or need to recall something you have sent; you can easily do that by using the undo send button.
- Important Email Filter: This feature works like a spam filter but it works in reverse. Instead of focusing on unimportant messages it focuses on the important ones and highlights them so that you can easily access them.
- Read Status: Just like you can see the read status on WhatsApp and iMessage, Superhuman also allows you to see when your email has been opened and read.
- Follow up Reminder: With too much workload it is not easy to remember to follow up on every conversation. With Superhuman you can set up a follow-up reminder and it will make sure that you do not miss out on anything.
- Delivery time: You can choose a specific and precise delivery time for your emails to make sure that when the receiver opens his/her inbox, your message is at the top of it.
- Snooze Conversations: If there is a lot you have to deal with, you can snooze less important conversations and messages to get back to later and focus on the important ones.
- Superhuman is a free Email client with no add-ons.
8. Loop Email – Conversational Email Client
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows
Loop Email is a great email client if you want to run your business in a more efficient way. Loop Email claims to transform your email into a powerful collaboration hub. One of its most important features is that it lets the whole team have a shared inbox.
Loop Email can help you break out of your boring work communications as it brings an element of fun in the chat. While chatting with your team members you can use emoji and GIF to make the conversation light-hearted and fun.
Smart filtering and advanced search options are some of the features that make Loop Email a very efficient email client.
- Shared Inbox: Shared Inbox allows you to have a joint inbox and work together as a team.
- Built-in Chats: Built-in chats provide an efficient way to communicate with your team members in real-time without having to write an email.
- Informal Chat: The informal chat lets you use GIF and emoji to interact with your team members bringing the element of fun into your work.
- Smart Filtering: Smart filtering makes it easy for you to navigate through your emails by separating and sorting messages using different filters.
- Email Search: Email search is an easy way to find the email you are looking for using tags and keywords.
- File Search: You can not only search for specific emails but you can also run a search for the specific file that you want even if you do not remember the message linked with it.
- Email Sync: Loop Email lets you sync your inbox with other email protocols, bringing all your mail in one place.
- Free: You can use Loop Email for free as an individual user.
- Studio: £7 per month and per user (~USD 8.59 per month and user). You can add up to 10 users and have up to 3 shared inboxes.
- Business: £12 per month and per user (~USD 14.72 per month and user). In this version, you can have from 11 to 50 users and 4 to 20 shared inboxes.
- Enterprise: The price of the Enterprise version will be decided based on the number of users you want to add and the number of shared inboxes you want to have. You can add unlimited users and have unlimited shared inboxes.
9. Spike Email – Turn Email to Chat
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows
With Spike, you can get so much done using a single app. Spike has used a unique concept of conversational email in which email conversations look very simple and clutter-free. This concept helps to make communicating through email a better experience.
Using Spike you can not only schedule your work commitments through the calendar but also plan, manage and execute work ideas with your team by means of workgroups.
Along with these unique features Spike also offers the regular features of good email client e.g. a good file management system, the ability to prioritize emails and the ability to send encrypted messages.
- Conversational Email: With conversational emails, you can have a conversation with anyone without having to use an email thread. It works much like an instant message. Moreover, you can see the conversation with anyone person by simply clicking on their contact.
- Calendar: This feature lets you schedule your life smartly without having to use another calendar app.
- File Management: This feature lets you preview all file attachments without having to open individual emails to search for a file. It even provides the preview of large-sized attachments.
- Groups: This feature acts as a collaboration tool to help you work with teams by allowing you to plan, manage and execute work ideas with them.
- Advanced Search: Advanced search lets you search both by the person and by a keyword. You can find what you are looking for without having to open any email.
- Priority inbox: With priority inbox, you can separate your most important emails so that it is easier to manage things.
- Email Encryption: You can secure your Emails containing sensitive data using the email encryption feature and protect it from cybercriminals. Spike will automatically decrypt data for the receiver so that they see it as a normal email.
- Personal: Spike is free to use if you have a personal account with less than 100,000 emails.
- Pro: $5.99 per user/month if paid annually and $7.99 per user/month if paid monthly. You need to use the Pro version if you need a custom domain linked to your email (e.g. [email protected])
Best Paid Email Clients of 2020
10. MS Outlook – Powerful Email Client 💪
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows
- Price: $6.99 per month
Microsoft Outlook comes as a package deal with Office 365 which means when you buy Microsoft Outlook you will also get some Office apps depending on the package you are choosing. If you want Microsoft Outlook for personal use the personal package at $6.99 per month will work well for you.
However, if you are looking to have business emails or a custom domain name the Business Essentials and the Business Premium packages will be more suitable for you. Business Essentials package does not include Office Apps.
With team communication tools and the ability to manage invitations and conduct meetings, Microsoft Outlook makes a great email client for professional use.
- Calendar: It allows you to schedule your plans through calendar management.
- Team Communication: You can host online meetings and make video calls in business versions by using Microsoft Teams with it. You can also chat with your team.
- Meetings and Invitations: Using Outlook you can respond to invitations that you receive and also schedule meetings by yourself.
- Secure sharing: It ensures secure sharing of photos and documents so that only the person with the right permissions can open them.
- Easy Sorting: You can sort your emails according to different categories by creating custom folders in your mailbox.
- Availability Update: This allows you to schedule meetings by sending your availability times to people. The availability is figured out using the calendar.
- Automatic deactivation of unsafe links: This feature allows you to keep your mailbox secure as Outlook automatically deactivates malware containing links.
- Personal: $69.99 per year or $6.99 per month. For the use of one person across all devices. Outlook and Office Apps are included.
- Home: $99.99 per year or $9.99 per month. It can be shared with up to 6 users on PC or Mac. Along with Outlook it also provides Office Apps.
- Essentials: $5 per user per month with an annual commitment. Provides business email and other services but Office apps are not included.
- Premium: $12.50 per user per month with an annual commitment. Includes business email, Office apps and is available with an offer of 1 year of free custom email domain.
11. eM Client
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Windows
- Price: $19.95, one-time payment
As far as hassle-free payment is concerned eM Client is one of the best email clients for Mac and Windows 10. You can buy a license with a one-time payment. The payment varies with the number of devices you want to connect with eM Client.
It will help you plan and schedule your tasks with features like calendar and task management. eM Client can be used both for individuals and businesses. It supports many major services like Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Exchange and iCloud.
We have listed down some of the key features of eM Client for you to know more about it.
- Calendar: With eM Client, you can use a calendar to plan your weeks and months. You can also set up reminders on your calendar.
- Tasks: Allows you to assign specific tasks to different days on your calendar. You can color-code your tasks by category.
- Contacts: Use the business card view to navigate through your contacts and add exhaustive number fields to different contacts.
- Chats: Chats allow you to converse with people in real-time making your life more efficient.
- Easy Import: It can easily import data from other email protocols and bring all your emails in one place without any complicated procedure.
- Unique Sidebar: The unique sidebar displays communication history, attachment history and agenda on the side which makes it easier to overview things and work more efficiently.
- Fast Search: This feature allows you to find what you are looking for by typing keywords in the search bar.
- Free: With the free version you will only have access to email, calendar, and contacts management.
- Pro: $19.95 one-time fee, pay per device. Along with the features of the free version, it also offers commercial use, unlimited accounts, professional support, and access to the license manager.
12. Mailbird Pro
- Supported Platforms: Windows
- Price: $3.35 per month, billed annually
Mailbird Pro is a Windows-specific email client. It comes with a free trial version so that you can make your buying decision confidently. An interesting aspect of Mailbird Pro is that it offers a variety of unique layouts to match your style.
You can integrate Mailbird Pro with your favorite and most used apps like WhatsApp, Google Calendar, Facebook, Evernote, and Google Docs. The easy app integrations help you bring together and manage different aspects of your work or personal life easily.
Mailbird Pro has many useful features like 24/7 email support, keyboard shortcuts, and attachment search.
- Unified Inbox: You can manage your emails from multiple accounts in a unified inbox of Mailbird Pro.
- Snooze: This allows you to snooze messages so that you can get back to them when you have more time.
- App Integrations: It is integrated with major apps like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Todoist and more to help you bring everything together.
- Attachment Search: You can even find extremely old attachments with a fast and easy attachment search feature.
- Custom Sounds: There are a variety of notification sounds to choose from and you can also add your own sound for custom notifications.
- Shortcuts: It allows you to use keyboard shortcuts for actions like replying, forwarding and archiving emails.
- LinkedIn Lookup: LinkedIn Lookup allows you to connect through LinkedIn with one click from within your mailbox.
- Trial: You can download the Mailbird for a free trial.
- Personal: The personal version can be bought through a one-time payment of $79 or it can be billed annually at the rate of $3.25 per month. This version does not contain business apps and exchange support but you can have unlimited accounts and unified inboxes.
- Business: Billed annually at $4.92 per month, this version is fit for business use and comes with business apps and exchange support.
13. Front – Best Email Client for Web 🌎
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macOS, Windows
- Price: $9 per user per month
Front is a great email client for professional use. It brings together the powerful workflow of a help desk and the personalization of an email together. Before downloading Front you can also request a free demo to see if it is what you were looking for.
With Front, you can deal with Email overload by turning emails into actions. You can also set customized rules to make the workflow more efficient. Different packages allow for different numbers of basic and advanced rules to be set up.
Supported by a wide range of platforms Front has a variety of features to help you manage your teams and workflow.
- Rules: Rules allow you to set up automated workflows by sorting messages and routing them to the right person.
- Tags: Tags help you stay organized and report on issues by putting different labels in the messages.
- Shared Drafts: Shared drafts allow the whole team to work together on the same email.
- Inbox Analytics: Inbox analytics gives you useful insights for your business by presenting data for things like customer’s average response rate.
- App Integrations: Integrations with apps like calendars and social apps help to bring all your together and that allows you to manage your life more easily.
- Canned Responses: Canned responses allow you to jumpstart replies with saved email templates, thus saving your time and energy. Such features make Front one of the most efficient email clients for Android and iOS.
- Inbox Conversations: Inbox conversations allow you to have chat-like conversations with your team members while staying in your emails. You can also use mentions to communicate with someone directly or to call the attention of a specific person.
- Free: There is a free trial version available for each of the following packages.
- Starter: $9 per user/month if paid annually and $12 per user/month if paid monthly. It allows you have to have individual email inboxes, 3 team channels, the ability to assign tasks and mention individuals and the ability to set up 3 basic rules.
- Plus: $24 per user/month if paid annually and $29 per user/month if paid monthly. Along with the features of the starter version, it allows the ability to set up unlimited basic rules, 5 team channels and basic integrations.
- Pro: $39 per user/month if paid annually and $49 per user/month if paid monthly. With the Pro version, you can have 10 team channels, unlimited advanced rules, and all integrations.
- Enterprise: $79 per user/month if paid annually and $99 per user/month if paid monthly. This version allows you to have 100 team channels, access management, and shifts add-on.
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Windows
- Price: $29 per user/year
Postbox is a simple, clear and powerful email client. It lets you bring all your email accounts in one place with a very beautiful user interface. Its highly fast speed makes it an ideal option if you are looking to increase your work efficiency.
Postbox works with any IMAP or POP account including GSuite, iCloud, Yahoo, Outlook and many more. The quick bar allows you to go through your inbox very quickly. You can use the quick bar to move messages, label messages, and switch folders.
We have shared some of the key features of the Postbox in detail with you.
- Account Organization: You can keep your work and personal accounts separated by organizing them into different groups. You can easily switch between tabs to access different inboxes.
- Quick bar: Quick bar provides an efficient and easy to use way of performing actions like moving messages, tagging them and switching between folders.
- Shortcuts: Postbox also allows you to use keyboard shortcuts to perform different email related actions swiftly.
- Canned Responses: Common responses to emails can be used to reply promptly to them without having to type responses a new. This feature gives response suggestions according to the content of the email.
- Email Search: Email search allows you to search both old and new emails by sender, keyword and date.
- Attachment Search: Attachment search lets you find attachments without having to open any email.
- Wrong Account Warning: When using multiple accounts, it is very likely for you to send an email from the wrong account. This feature gives you a warning when you are sending out an email from the wrong account.
- Free Trial: Postbox allows a 30-day free trial with all the features.
- One-Year: At $29 per user per year, the one-year license gives you access to all the features without any long term obligation.
- Lifetime: One-time payment of $49 per user, lifetime license is a great long term option providing you access to all features forever.
15. Zimbra Desktop – Open-Source Email Client
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Price: Available via inquiry only
Zimbra Desktop is an open-source email client application for desktop. The great thing about Zimbra Desktop is that it provides both online and offline access to all the email accounts that you operate through it.
There are a variety of collaboration features like a briefcase, calendar, contact, and tasks that make it easy for you to manage things. It comes with an advanced reading pane which allows you to go through emails more efficiently.
The mini-calendar with drag and drop functionalities and pop appointments allow a quick review. We have listed down some key features of Zimbra for you.
- Reading Pane: A smart reading pane on the side or at the bottom helps you quickly overview and organize your emails.
- Mini-Calendar: It helps you schedule your tasks and also reminds you of them by means of pop-up reminders.
- Chat: The chat features allow you to communicate with your team members in real-time.
- Search Tab: Search tab with various filters makes it easy for you to navigate through your mailbox.
- Encrypted Messages: It allows you to encrypt messages to make sure that they are sent securely.
- Optimal Meeting Timings: Zimbra calculates the optimal meeting time which will suit all group members. Due to features like these, it can be called one of the best email clients for Mac and Windows.
- App Integrations: This feature allows you to connect Zimbra with external applications and web sources like SalesForce and Oracle, making collaboration easier.
- Data Center: You can get a quote for having Zimbra incorporated into your private data center. The quote is calculated based on the number of mailboxes you want, the industry you serve in and other factors related to your work.
- Cloud: You can get a quote for having Zimbra as a cloud email client. The quote for the cloud version is also calculated based on the number of mailboxes you want, the industry you serve in and other factors related to your work.
Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux
Price: £15, lifetime license
Hexamail is a desktop email client and it claims to be the first desktop email client to truly integrate features like events, tasks, email, and contacts. You can purchase a lifetime license for Hexamail Flow for only £15, after which only support and upgrades are charged at an annual basis
Hexamail provides a unified inbox which makes view emails very easy and it also allows you to group emails by sender, domain or subject by the creation of mail clusters. Its beautiful and clean chat-view makes the conversations super simple.
With Hexamail you can not only link events to your mail but also add notes and maps to it. Automatic folder filling, task management, and calendar help you stay organized. We have listed some key features of Hexamail below.
- Clusters: Clusters allow you to group emails together by the sender, subject or other categorization, thus making organization easier.
- Chat View: Chat view enables you to have an easier to read and clearer view of your email conversations.
- Unified inbox: This feature allows you to bring together multiple email accounts into one place.
- Delayed Send: Delayed send allows you to type your email ahead of time and schedule a time for it to be sent.
- Resize Photos: You can resize the photo attachments automatically to avoid sending large attachments.
- Follow up reminders: You can set up follow-up reminders to make sure that you miss nothing important.
- Automatic Scheduling: This feature creates events based on the information in your email and then link that email with the event.
You can purchase a lifetime license for Hexamail Flow for only £15, after which only support and upgrades are charged on an annual basis
17. The Bat!
- Supported Platforms: Windows
- Price: €47.95 (~USD 53.44) one-time payment
The Bat! ranks #17 in our list of the best email clients.
It is certified for Windows 10 but can also be used for previous versions, such as Windows 7. You can purchase a license by a one-time payment.
The Bat ensures safe handling of the attached files and provides handy templates for replying to emails and sending new ones. The Bat has its own address book which is protected from viruses by The Bat itself. The End to end encryption makes The Bat a very safe email client for businesses.
Features like the sorting office and folder tree will help you keep your mailbox highly organized and work efficiently.
- Address Book: Address book allows you to add contacts and is safe from viruses.
- Sorting Office: With customizable filters, the sorting office helps to make the emails more manageable and keeps them better organized.
- Unified Inbox: Unified inbox lets you bring the data from multiple email accounts to one place.
- Folder Tree: Folder tree allows you to create a folder hierarchy in which you can sort emails according to their importance or by some other category.
- End-to-End Encryption: E2E encryption ensures that all data is transferred safely and that you are safe from all kinds of cyber-crimes. This feature makes it one of the best email clients for Windows 10.
- Message Parking: When you park a message The Bat makes sure that you do not accidentally move that message to another folder or delete it.
- Message Templates: Handy message templates save your time by offering pre-written message suggestions when you are writing or replying to an email.
- Home: €95 (~USD 53.44) one-time payment. The tax rates can vary across countries. The Bat Home has all the basic features suitable for personal use.
- Professional: €95 (~USD 66.81) one-time payment. The tax rates can vary across countries. The Bat Professional has advanced features suitable for professional use.
- Supported Platforms: Android, iOS, Web, macO, Windows, Linux
- Price: Get a quote according to the number of employees
If you are looking for something that will secure your email and thus your organization, Inky is the answer. Inky will make sure that you are safe from external threats and your workflow stays uninterrupted.
Inky understands that for an organization to run successfully it is important that there is no productivity or finances lost. It also understands how important it is for an organization to protect its data and its reputation.
Therefore, Inky works by protecting your email from a variety of phishing threats. You can get a quote for the pricing of Inky on their website depending on what industry your serve and the number of employees you have.
- Purporting Warning: Inky will give you a warning if you receive an email from an external source that is purporting to be an internal source.
- Poor Reputation Warning: If you receive an email that is sent by an email sender of poor reputation, you will receive a warning.
- Bad URL Warning: If an email contains a URL that appears to be bad Inky will warn you about opening it.
- Bad Attachment Warning: If you receive an email with an attachment that appears to be bad you will receive a warning by Inky. Such features make it a great email client for iOS, android or other platforms can have.
- Spam Protection: Inky provides spam protection by sorting out messages that are spam.
- Malware Protection: Inky makes sure that you are protected from Malware.
- Static Analysis: This feature is used for debugging through static analysis.
- The pricing plan is based on a per month per user basis. You can get a quote according to the number of employees you have.
- Supported Platforms: macOS, Windows, Linux
- Price: $39 per year
Hiri is an email client built for the Microsoft email ecosystem. It supports Outlook, Hotmail, MSN, and Live. Hiri claims to be the real alternative to MS Outlook. With the option of a one-time payment for a lifetime license, Hiri has simplified the payment.
Another great thing about Hiri is that once you have purchased a license you will have access to all the new features and all the updates without any additional cost. Which means you can count on its lifetime payment to really be sufficient for a lifetime.
From decluttering your inbox to helping you manage your teams by means of task delegation, Hiri is just the email client to help you stay on top of your day.
- Actionable Emails: With actionable emails, you can send and delegate tasks to your team.
- Reminders: You can set reminders on your email to deal with at a later time.
- Anonymous Feedback: This feature allows your colleagues to rate your communication style anonymously. Anonymity ensures that the feedback is honest. This unique feature makes it one of the best email clients for Mac.
- Task tracking: This feature allows you to view all the emails in which you delegated tasks to your team members. This allows you to ping them about task statuses and stay connected.
- Task Management: You can use the task management tool to sort your tasks by priority and manage them accordingly. It is no wonder that Hiri is considered the best email client for Mac and also the best Windows email client.
- Optimal Reading: The center of pane remains the same size no matter what size of monitor screen are you using. This width of the center pane is calculated for optimal readability based on the fact that the optimal readable length of a sentence is 96 characters.
- Calendar: This feature allows you to manage your work by giving you the ability to manage your tasks efficiently and plan ahead of time.
- Trial: You can use Hiri free for a seven days’ trial period.
- Annual: At $39 per year you can access all the features of Hiri for a year’s time.
- Lifetime: At $119 you will have lifetime access to all the features of Hiri. There will be no extra costs for any updates or new features that come later.
We hope this carefully curated list will help you choose the best email client for you. If you were looking for a specific feature set, we suggest you compare different email clients that offer those features before making a decision.
If it is still difficult to make a decision, we advise you to go through the list again.
And if you have already chosen the best email client but want to know more about it, we have got you covered. Simply click on the name of the email client you want to know more about and it will take you to its website.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- 17 Best Social Media Management Tools of 2020
- The 17 Best Time Tracking Software & Apps to Use in 2020
- 23 Best Business Management Software & Tools of 2020 for Efficient Work
- 10 Best Sleep Apps of 2020 for Longer, Healthier Sleep
- Best Meditation Tips & Techniques for Work: Be More Productive in 2020
- The 10 Best Lead Generation Software to Use in 2020
- The 10 Best CRM Software for Better Customer Management in 2020
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- Top 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- 10 Best Mind Mapping Software of 2020
- 14 Best To-do List Apps of 2020: Manage Your Tasks Effectively
- 12 Best SaaS Blogs You Should Be Following in 2020
- The 10 Best Live Chat Software for Websites: Free & Paid (2020)
- 20 Super Effective SaaS Marketing Ideas to Try in 2020