Simply put, a lead generation software automates the process of attracting visitors and gathering useful information so you can contact them later on. Back when the technology hadn’t taken up this much pace, B2B salespeople used to generate leads through cold calls or sales emails. Today, the horizon has evolved and we get all this work done via software.
With all these businesses going digital, lead generation has become highly in-demand. Why so? Well, for one, the purpose isn’t just to bring visitors to your website but is to also collect their information.
You can use this information to pitch later and convert these targeted audiences into returning customers. Besides, it’s fair to say that finding quality leads online is a challenge for digital marketers and sales professionals alike.
These challenges get streamlined and simplified when you find the best lead generation software that meets your needs. Once deployed to your systems, a lead generation tool helps your marketing department become capable of generating several times more revenue and keep up an impressive customer retention rate as more leads begin converting into well-paying and long-lasting customers.
But hey, there are so many options out there. How would you know which software aligns the best with your requirements? Well, we have done the research for you. This roundup will walk you through the top 10 lead generation software along with their key features and pricing plans.
What is Lead Generation Software?
Lead generation software is a tool, plugin, or an application that typically has its data stored in a SaaS or cloud-based technology. The key to success for a lead generation software is in one word: conversion.
Since lead generation applications can connect to your email, CRM, social media pages, or landing pages, these applications instantly provide accurate data that is used by marketers or department managers to make key decisions for a marketing campaign. With the right information combined with the right strategy, more and more conversions become a possibility thanks to the lead generation software.
Whether you use a paid/premium version, or free, lead generation software may specialize in a specific activity. For example, some are built to attracting visitors to perform a call-to-action activity, while others may provide quality sign-up forms that can be developed without the help of a software programmer.
In a nutshell, lead generation tools make life easy for your marketing department and that they don’t have to rely on guesswork, perform repetitive data-entry processes and send a sales pitch to irrelevant people.
How to Generate Leads for SaaS Products?
Now that it’s sorted that companies do need lead generation software, let’s narrow it down to one specific industry: SaaS startups and their lead generation strategies.
As one of the leading online cloud computing service providers, SaaS startups have to stay ahead in the game of technology. Some of the tips and tricks that can be employed here are as follows:
1. Create a Precise Buyer Persona
In order to generate leads successfully, it is essential to create a clear buyer persona for your SaaS startup. The more precise your buyer persona is the more concrete insight into customer’s interests, pain points and buying behaviors you will achieve.
This strategy will allow you to reach clients and peak their interests sufficiently so as to make them willing to give you their information and find out what more you have to offer.
2. Set SMART (Specific. Measurable. Agreed. Realistic. Time-Bound) Goals
These characteristics allow companies to set clear, achievable goals. It’s important to set SMART goals because they guide everyone through the necessary steps that have to be taken to achieve them. How do you set SMART goals? The process is fairly simple: companies SaaS companies need to ask themselves following queries to set the goals:
- Specific – What do you want to achieve?
- Measurable – What is the benchmark for your goal achievement?
- Agreed – Do all the stakeholders agree to your goals?
- Realistic – Do you have sufficient financial, technological and human resources to achieve these goals?
- Time-bound – What is the deadline to achieve them?
3. Do Extensive Keyword Research
A keyword refers to the word/ string of words that people use when they try to find something on the internet. This serves as a bridge between your target customers and your content. If your company provides cloud computing services, for instance, then you have to use this specific term in your blog and website.
By doing so, you can increase your chances of landing on search results when a prospective client searches for this word. But how would you know what exact words your targeted audience tend to use more? Here are a few tips to carry out successful keyword research:
- Think Like a Customer: You have to put yourself in your customer’s shoes and then ask yourself which phrases or words would you type to search for a service or product.
- Include General Terms: Include general keywords along with your long-tail keywords to help reach potential customers who you may not be considering.
- Use an SEO Tool: A powerful SEO tool such as SEMrush, ahrefs or Amazon Alexa will help you dig deeper into keyword-related insights, crucial to the success of your overall SEO content strategy in place.
4. Optimize Your Webpage Speed
Your website will have only 3 seconds to fully load; a little longer and you” end up losing both potential customer and Google search engine ranking. In order to improve your website’s speed, you can:
- Enable Compression: For doing so, you can use Gzip software. This will allow you to reduce the size of all code files larger than 150 bytes.
- Minify HTML, JS and CSS: Remove code comments and formatting, along with spaces, commas and other unnecessary characters.
5. Write Blog Posts
Having a blog is another powerful way of generating leads for your business. Why? Well, it provides you a platform to establish the authority of your business in a specific niche by explaining and sharing the expertise that you offer to reduce specific problems of your targeted customers.
Here, consistency is the key to converting your blog into an effective tool for lead generation. An optimal schedule would be 3 blog posts a week.
The 10 Best Lead Generation Software of 2020
Choosing the right lead generation tool can take some time and budget, but it can do wonders!
With the right software, you get to generate and convert more quality leads from multiple channels, achieve higher conversion rates, expand your customer base, and eventually boost your sales and revenue. Therefore, in this article, you can find the list of top 10 best lead generation applications, so that you can decide which ones suit the best for your business.
Having served numerous customers since its inception in 2013, OptinMonster has become one of the best lead generation applications that help converting website visitors into subscribers and eventually, customers.
Whether you are a publisher or an eCommerce marketer, OptinMonster will supercharge your e-mail list growth through its powerful lead capture forms. You can simply install OptinMonster as a standalone plugin and then integrate it into web platforms, such as WordPress, Magento, Shopify, Drupal, and many others.
OptinMonster stands out from other similar applications as it is founded by industry experts Syed Balkhi and Thomas Griffin. Owing to their partnership with various e-mail marketing companies, you can integrate OptinMonster plugin with over 20 service providers, including MailChimp, AWeber, CampainMonitor, and GetResponse.
- Create exquisite sign-up forms using their drag-and-drop form builder
- Improve your conversion rate with targeted, responsive pop-ups
- Send customized thank you messages to foster customer engagement
- Run campaign scheduling for holiday promotions by using time-sensitive campaigns
- Increase upselling by geolocation, cookie, and device-based retargeting alongside their unique Onsite retargeting®
- Perform A/B testing to see which campaign works the best
- Send targeted messages through lead segmentation and Follow-up Campaigns®
- Find out exactly when customers leave your website, by using ExitIntent® technology.
OptinMonster offers the following pricing plans:
- Basic – at $9 per user/month, the starting package, best suited for individuals who run just one website; features include lightbox popups, list segmentation, subscriber recognition, and more.
- Plus – at $19 per user/month, offers everything in Basic, alongside additional features including floating bars, inline forms, content locking, and more.
- Pro – at $29 per user/month, offers all features available in Plus, as well as new ones including their trademark Exit Intent® technology and more.
- Growth – at $29 per user/month, you get everything in Pro, together with their trademark OnSite Retargeting®, Follow-up Campaigns ® and much more.
Keep your subscribers engaged and updated with AWeber. This web-based email marketing software is easy-to-use and helps you streamline newsletters emailing, auto-responding, and RSS-to-email converting features.
AWeber was founded in 1998, so it is fair to say that this product is mature, stable and hence trusted by entrepreneurs, organizations, podcasters, bloggers, and marketers around the world.
You can integrate AWeber with your website, social media, webinars, CRM tools, and various other applications and platforms.
- Attract clients to your new offerings using the newsletter template designer
- They also offer drag and drop Form Editor which you can use to set up signup forms without help from a programmer
- Select which campaigns work the best using split testing
- Send the right e-mail at the right time through automated e-mail sequences
- Keep an eye on your campaigns wherever you are using mobile app suites (both iOS AND Android)
- Work together as a team through multiple user collaboration
- Get the most of your email marketing campaign through e-mail API
- Send targeted messages to subscribers by in-app segmentation
AWeber includes the following pricing plans:
- Free 30-day Trial – make the best use of free trial to see if AWeber is the right tool for you
- $19/mo – ideal for new businesses with 0-500 subscribers; offers plentiful features including unlimited e-mails, sign-up forms, 6,000+ stock photos, and much more
- $29/mo – provides every feature; if you have subscribers range from 501 to 2,500 then this package is right for you
- $49/mo – provides all features; best suited if you have subscribers between 2,501-5000
- $69/mo – includes all features; if you have a subscriber list between 5,001 to 10,000, you should opt for this package
- $149/mo – this top tier package not only includes all features but also covers a gigantic list of subscribers from 10,001 to 25,000
- Get a Quote – likewise, this package has it all, but if you have 25,000+ subscribers, this is a go-to option
This isn’t any ordinary hunter, but a “lead” hunter.
Hunter is a web-based plugin that lets you discover and verify business emails, both individually and in bulk, through its search filters within a few seconds. Widely appreciated for its ease-of-use and quality customer service, Hunter comes with several features that process emails, domains, and company names in a jiffy. Also, it has CRM integration that lets you add and email candidates with tracking options.
Not only that this plugin serves as a quality lead generation tool for marketers, but it also helps recruiters find and verify e-mail addresses of potential candidates.
- Perform e-mail verification to communicate with the right audience
- Find more leads by using the e-mail and domain finder
- Export comma-separated value (CSV) files to integrate your data with other platforms
- Collab with your team as the subscriptions are available for the entire teams
- Feel free to create cold e-mail campaigns
- Get access through your browser by using Chrome and Firefox extensions
The following are the monthly billing packages offered by Hunter:
- Free – for up to 50 requests (domain search, e-mail finder, e-mail verification), this version doesn’t offer any CSV exports, but allows you to send cold e-mail campaigns
- Starter – at 49/month, send up to 1,000 requests with all features
- Growth – at $99/month, send up to 5,000 requests with all features
- Pro – at $199/month, send up to 20,000 requests and get all features
- Enterprise – at $339/month, send up to 50,000 requests and get all features
4. Aero Leads
Similar to Hunter which finds e-mails of businesses and individuals, Aero Leads is another big name among the best lead generation software.
Aero Leads distinguishes itself by serving B2B businesses. This software not only finds email addresses and numbers of prospective clients but also allows you to build an email list in real-time for marketing and sales work. Its customers include giants like IBM and GrubHub.
What more of an endorsement you can ask for? You can export the data into CSV or transfer to other CRM and Marketing Software, such as Salesforce, HubSpot CRM and Zoho CRM.
- Through Lead Database Integration, connect your Aero Leads data to multiple platforms
- Access Aero Leads through your browser using the Google Chrome extension
- Create new contacts through tagging feature
- Export your data efficiently to CRM
- Work together as a team as the team collaboration feature is available with Aero Leads
- Deploy REST API to enhance data accessibility
Aero Leads offers the following price packages:
- Take Off – at $49/month, add up to 50 records; however, this package is only available for just 1 user
- Climb – at $149/month, add up to 1650 records, the limitation here is that you can get access for only 5 users
- Cruise – at $449/month, add up to a humungous amount of 6000 records, with unlimited users, a massive upgrade from the Climb plan
- Enterprise – Contact Hunter for a quote, price varies according to needs
As the name suggests, Outreach Plus is a cloud-based e-mail outreach software that helps publishers generate leads that result in improved sales, enhanced SEO backlinks and increased press mentions.
Outreach Plus offers amazing price packages that allow plentiful features even with the lowest price plan. Their Solo package starts at $9/month for each user, and provides a variety of functionalities including reply, click and open tracking; automated follow-ups; Gmail/Outlook/IMAP e-mail integration; which truly makes up for the lack of team collaboration feature.
- Automate e-mails to send them just at the moment using the event triggered e-mail feature
- Create and modify e-mail newsletters
- Check how many users ignore your e-mails through Bounce tracking
- Manage extensive mailing list management
- Set mailing frequency limits to avoid flooding your clients with e-mails
- If you’re busy, set autoresponders so that clients can don’t have to wait for your reply
- Integrate and configure Outreach Plus through API support
Outreach Plus offers these pricing plans:
- Free – All features available except Basic Team Functionality, also you can only add one user and e-mail address the contact database and e-mail limit is set at 100
- Solo – at $18 (flat monthly) all features available except Basic Team Functionality, only lets you add one user and e-mail address, but the contact database and e-mail limit increases from 1000 to 100
- Multi-user – at $38 (flat monthly) all features available with Basic Team Functionality, provides unlimited e-mail addresses, contact database as well as e-mail limit
- Agency – at $79 (flat monthly) all features available with Basic Team Functionality, same as Multi-user, but with an advanced team and multi-client functionality included
Lead Forensics is a UK-based SaaS app built to turbo-charge the lead generation process. This might be the most unique entry in this list as it reveals the identity of your anonymous web traffic, and converts them into quality leads in real-time.
Therefore, Lead Forensics goes one-step ahead of its competitors by providing access to names, job titles, and email addresses of individuals matching your website visitors. Likewise, you can find details pertaining to the business that visit you online, including business name, owner name, e-mail address, phone, etc.
Further, this tool provides visitor analytics, such as time spent on your website, buying decisions, cart abandonment, etc. You can incorporate this information into your marketing strategy and create your sales funnel accordingly.
- Perform entire contact management campaign through one application
- Import/export contacts for multi-app integration
- Score and capture leads efficiently with advanced lead generation tools
- Lead database integration to easily connect lead information to other platforms
- Perform Visitor identification and segmentation
- Lead Forensics offers a free trial.
- Pricing is only based on quotation, typically ranges from $99 to $2000/month.
7. D&B Hoover’s
Take your lead generation campaign to the next level with Hoover’s.
Founded in 1990, this is the oldest and among the best lead generation applications. D&B Hoover’s powers the world’s largest business database of 120+ million records and insights to provide a business intelligence solution that enables marketers to generate leads on the right prospects and ultimately benefit their business.
Hoover’s exceptional data collection alongside highly-detailed content delivers businesses a comprehensive understanding of their leads.
- Offers real-time business intelligence so you can perform in-depth lead generation reporting
- Robust search capabilities to easily find what you need
- Search and capture detailed information of company profiles
- Segment your leads based on their data
- Provides vast downloadable company profile database
- Quick and reliable CRM integration
Hoovers offers both free and paid versions:
- Free – including customizable list building, powerful analytics, and new prospect search
- Essential – at $89/month, or $899/year to access entire Hoovers database
- Research – at $3,500 for up to five users
Dubbed as replacement of Rapportive (now only works with LinkedIn), which comes within your Gmail or Outlook inbox. The purpose of Clearbit Connect is to show in-depth information about your email senders and find anyone’s email address within your inbox.
- Perform entire contact management campaign through one app
- Integrate and configure Outreach Plus through API support
- Link Clearbit Connect data with over 1500 applications
- Provides Guaranteed uptime (for Enterprise-level plans only)
- Supports 1+ million contacts
- Also available as a Google Chrome extension
- Perform visitor identification to increase more leads
Clearbit Connect offers the following price plans:
- 1,000 requests: at $99/month – all features included
- 2,000 requests: at $199/month – all features included
Pump up your sales conversations and increase your marketing productivity with Norbert.
Norbert is like a “millennial” – they are good at a lot of things and they focus on the coolest functionalities. Apart from the core features such as sales pipeline management, building e-mail lists, etc., this lead generation software comes with additional features such as content marketing (to outreach online publishers) and media management (to outreach journalists).
While it is primarily a B2B lead generation software, Norbert offers benefits for recruiters too.
- Includes easy-to-access B2B lead generation software tools
- Increase leads and sales with Norbert’s pipeline management
- Customize the way you work with Norbert’s native integrations and API support
- Boost lead generation further with email identification feature
- Outreach journalists and publishers with the media management feature
The following price plans are offered by Norbert:
- Valet – at $49/month for up to 1,000 leads a month, all features included
- Butler – at $99/month for up to 5,000 leads a month, all features included
- Advisor – at $249/month for up to 15,000 leads a month, all features included
- Counselor – at $499/month for up to 50,000 leads a month, all features included
Touted as “the leaders in techno graphics”, Datanyze uses the power of data sciences to nurture your leads.
Used by 600 companies around the world, Datanyze promises to be among the elite quality lead generation tools, that helps track your leads, research into your data, find prospects, and integrate all this information to SalesForce.
Datanyze is designed to support almost types of businesses — whether small and medium-sized, large enterprises, and freelancers.
- Export comma-separated value (CSV) files to integrate your data with other platforms
- Identify trends when companies add and drop technologies with Customer Migration
- Perform entire contact management campaign through one application
- Get access through your browser through Chrome extension
- Find prospective leads directly via e-mail
- Highly advanced customer retention algorithms to evaluate consumer behavior
- Cross-platform access, available on both Windows and Mac
Datanyze’s pricing is based on your quotation; you get what you pay.
Making the final decision depends on factors such as your budget, workflow, team size, and objectives to mention a few.
As discussed above, there are multiple different types of lead generation software – and each one of them specializes in different domains. It is essential to focus first on who your potential customers are and then choose the right software accordingly.
But still, if you find it hard to settle on a specific application, you should go for a trial version first. This way you can get try and test free lead generation software experience and make a wise decision for your business.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- The Best SaaS Apps, Companies and Products of 2019
- The 10 Best SEO Tools and SEO Apps of 2019
- The Best EHR/EMR Software of 2020
- Top 10 Best Gmail Add-ons, Apps & Extensions (2019)
- How to Start & Grow Your SaaS Startup – 13 Tips for SaaS Growth in 2019
- 12 Best Google Chrome Extensions and Apps of 2020
- 10 Best Password Managers of 2020 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows
- Top 10 SaaS Growth Lessons from Dropbox in 2020
- 10 Best Construction Management Software of 2020
- The 10 Best Hospital Management Software (HMIS) of 2020
- Top 10 Best VPN Services to Use in 2020 (Windows, Mac, Android & iOS)